RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

DeathProphet.

Jul 16, 2020
So when is lvl 0 next release date comming now. There must be anotjer delay right. So i haven't seen nothing here about it. So how much days delay again ??? . M wating

BobSamade

Jul 11, 2019
I am legitimately curious. I figure many Patreons stick around for the discord community. Back in 2018 when I was a part of it, that community was rather haughty and plagued with people RPing, but I can only assume it's improved since then.

I think what gives me pause, is that had I been a Patreon since I discovered the game, I would have donated over $60 to it, equivalent to a AAA game. That's a bit much to pay for roughly 10 hours of RPGMaker gameplay, especially considering a lot of that gameplay is grinding.

I suppose there is a difference in discretionary spending between us though, as I am admittedly a budget gamer. $2 per month isn't a lot of money, but this game has had a three year cycle now, which is the lower end of a AAA game with a new IP. Granted, much bigger teams work on those, but the quality is also much higher.

I don't know, maybe it's a false equivalency but it seems to me that ToT should be much farther along than it is. For $60 and a 3 year development cycle, I would expect a completed, relatively bug free game. ToT isn't even halfway there yet and seems to be in development hell with it's developers rapidly losing interest in it. I'd be interested to know what the Discord members think though, hopefully through a relatively civil discussion (admittedly rare in this thread).
Agreed. I do think I - and others in my situation - have no right to moan about delays like we're entitled to it now when I've not paid a cent to support it.
BUT as a value proposition, so far it represents a pretty poor deal. If they announced an end goal to release it for digital download to the wider public at $60 whenever it's finally finished/development stops, that'd already be a better deal than subbing to their Patreon.

Reactions: bahamut2195

Asavar

Apr 16, 2020
Agreed. I do think I - and others in my situation - have no right to moan about delays like we're entitled to it now when I've not paid a cent to support it.
BUT as a value proposition, so far it represents a pretty poor deal. If they announced an end goal to release it for digital download to the wider public at $60 whenever it's finally finished/development stops, that'd already be a better deal than subbing to their Patreon.
Its not so much moaning as it is people saying their opinions. You don't have to pay to express your opinion about something. F95 also brings "advertising" to their game which is a support in itself. Newcomers could see the comments about this delay hysteria and be like "damn, I was going to subscribe to their Patreon, but now I dont wanna"

YugataKisu

May 5, 2019
sadly all newcomers really do is ask ''saVefiLe?'' and ''hOw tO fUllScreEn?''
I'd argue the majority of newbies don't even follow the development of ToT it's my only way to explain their patreon numbers

Justsomeone99

Jun 11, 2018
Recently got into trading - how do I invest in these hot delays?
Hear me out:
- buy as many actions of bo and koda as you can
- wait for the release of lvl 0
- get your shares
-???
-profit
- sell all your actions again since the delay train will begin again
- repeat for every major thing they do

Disclaimer, i literally do not know anything about investmments and shit like that

Reactions: dnaclone

Holefiller

Jan 23, 2019
sadly all newcomers really do is ask ''saVefiLe?'' and ''hOw tO fUllScreEn?''
I'd argue the majority of newbies don't even follow the development of ToT it's my only way to explain their patreon numbers
The best part of inthef95zone's fan game was the level where you have to flee a horde of zombies moaning "saaaave... saaaave". It should be required viewing for anybody who wants to post on this thread.

nairobi83

Oct 27, 2020
I can't get Taming 1/2 for Khulan. I get to 0 dignity and get a cutscene with her, but I don't get the Taming 1/2 and nothing happens after the cutscene. Am I doing something wrong?

Celice

Apr 26, 2019
I don't know, maybe it's a false equivalency but it seems to me that ToT should be much farther along than it is. For $60 and a 3 year development cycle, I would expect a completed, relatively bug free game. ToT isn't even halfway there yet and seems to be in development hell with it's developers rapidly losing interest in it. I'd be interested to know what the Discord members think though, hopefully through a relatively civil discussion (admittedly rare in this thread).
I think that's where a key difference in how people view all this comes from. If it was 3 years of just ToT I would agree with you it should be near done...

But its not. Its ToT, WG and the half dozen side games.
Not everyone likes the side games and they would defs feel more ripped off.
I Love them and feel the time spread out between them has been fine. Koda really does elevate what Bo initially gives him. Just look at Crow for an example on what giving Koda some extra time can give us in terms of quality.

And to be completly honest I'm sure Kodaand Bo have had creative blocks at least once each in the past 3 years. Koda is always expressinghow he struggles to make each character feel really unique and real and not just me Dom me step on PP and sit on face over and over. Which is what a game like Domina for example has become with its scenes

Reactions: bazelgeuse
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes