RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Is the update tomorrow? I am seeing a lack of communication from Bo Wei about the update but I remember reading that the next expansion would be on the 7th.
No one knows. I'm fairly sure Bo Wei is just gonna drop the update with no warning this time whenever he feels like it is ready. I personally would guess it's not gonna happen until late August, but there is literally nothing to support that.

edoitachi

Jul 24, 2018
How long can it be to draw 20-30 pictures and put them into rpg maker. On IMHO 1-2 weeks. I know couple of manga drawers from japan they make like 5-10 page per day.... >_> in our case there are 2 devs working (1 draws 1 puts them in prg maker) i use to create some stuff on that platform no big deal - couple of days maybe week. last update was 10th july.. almost month passed....noting =) So i guess main problem is with drawer for some reason he is preety lazy on this update.... How lazy can u get if u earn 1700 buck per month =) I know good artists making around 300 dollars per month but still drawing hard every day....

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
How long can it be to draw 20-30 pictures and put them into rpg maker. On IMHO 1-2 weeks. I know couple of manga drawers from japan they make like 5-10 page per day.... >_> in our case there are 2 devs working (1 draws 1 puts them in prg maker) i use to create some stuff on that platform no big deal - couple of days maybe week. last update was 10th july.. almost month passed....noting =) So i guess main problem is with drawer for some reason he is preety lazy on this update.... How lazy can u get if u earn 1700 buck per month =) I know good artists making around 300 dollars per month but still drawing hard every day....
Seriously, don't donate to the patreon then. If the pace bothers you, don't support the dev. If you are getting the game for free amy way, well, you're complaints are gonna fall on deaf ears. That being said, from everything I've read the artwork and writing are the smallest portion of the work involved in rpgmaker. Bo Wei himself said its only about 1/6 of the overall work, with the actual programming being the real time consuming aspect. Drawing a manga doesn't exactly compare in terms of speed. Drawing six mangas does. Dunno if any of that is true, I'm not a programmer or dev, but I bet someone on here is and can verify.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Seriously, don't donate to the patreon then. If the pace bothers you, don't support the dev. If you are getting the game for free amy way, well, you're complaints are gonna fall on deaf ears. That being said, from everything I've read the artwork and writing are the smallest portion of the work involved in rpgmaker. Bo Wei himself said its only about 1/6 of the overall work, with the actual programming being the real time consuming aspect. Drawing a manga doesn't exactly compare in terms of speed. Drawing six mangas does. Dunno if any of that is true, I'm not a programmer or dev, but I bet someone on here is and can verify.
I program and I can tell you programming takes almost no time at all once you learn. Fixing bugs and other programming related issues (like goddamn random missing .dll files) though, that's another story.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
So maybe Bo was just talking out his ass then and he really is kinda lazy x'D. He's pretty experienced creating albeit small games, so he must know what he is doing. Still an update a month is pretty standard for devs, and though Bo has been behind that lately, he still is far better than SOME other devs using RPGMaker, and charges less per month than many.

Reactions: Frosty2000

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I was serious when I said that fixing programming related issues takes time, even though I never programmed on RPGM.

That said planning, writing and all that game developing stuff might take a lot, I honestly have no idea. Besides, he might have a day job.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
No one knows. I'm fairly sure Bo Wei is just gonna drop the update with no warning this time whenever he feels like it is ready. I personally would guess it's not gonna happen until late August, but there is literally nothing to support that.
I think I remember him mentioning late august when Cobra was released :D

Lusciooo

Jul 30, 2017
I was serious when I said that fixing programming related issues takes time, even though I never programmed on RPGM.

That said planning, writing and all that game developing stuff might take a lot, I honestly have no idea. Besides, he might have a day job.
RPGM is very, very simple, and is mostly done through a wizard rather than direct code. That said, I'd bet Bo Wei included other things in the Programming umbrella that isn't strictly coding, like adjusting the numbers on the bosses, items, etc, which could take a lot of time to figure out.

Reactions: bahamut2195

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
RPGM is very, very simple, and is mostly done through a wizard rather than direct code. That said, I'd bet Bo Wei included other things in the Programming umbrella that isn't strictly coding, like adjusting the numbers on the bosses, items, etc, which could take a lot of time to figure out.
True, but after 5+ floors I'm pretty sure he figured the base out pretty well. My experience is only related to coding though, and a game takes more than that, so I'm not pointing fingers.

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
I imagine most of the time is actually planning the floor. The biggest appeal (at least for me) of this game is the storyline and how each floor is very unique. I imagine that it takes awhile to work through the whole thing to keep it fresh. If I were making this I would spend at least a week or two building the plot.

Reactions: Mardion and zazzaro

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
I imagine most of the time is actually planning the floor. The biggest appeal (at least for me) of this game is the storyline and how each floor is very unique. I imagine that it takes awhile to work through the whole thing to keep it fresh. If I were making this I would spend at least a week or two building the plot.
As a writer I have to agree. As far as I know both Bo and Koda think of things together, and there is nothing more irritating than hitting a wall when it comes to thinking of something new. You can have both the most original character and an original setting in mind and yet still write a blank when it comes to what actually happens. Of course I don't know anything about their work ethic or their process of building a level but those are some of the bumps I am sure they have come up against :D

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
So, to the more seasoned ToT players, have there ever been teasers for upcoming bosses before? Lily's case was probably special since hers was in-game. I just want some :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
So, to the more seasoned ToT players, have there ever been teasers for upcoming bosses before? Lily's case was probably special since hers was in-game. I just want some :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:
Yeah, Khulan's basic idea was a vote, so we had an idea of her basic style. Cobra's silhouette was shown before she was released, and Bo Wei showed a level draining succubus as a hint to Cobra's abilities. Not quite teasing to the extent of Lily, but there was some teasing for earlier bosses.

That being said, Yvonne and Eliza were complete surprises with no information given about them before they were released, so this would hardly be the first time Bo Wei has kept things under wraps before a release.

Reactions: GearlessJoe

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
Yeah, Khulan's basic idea was a vote, so we had an idea of her basic style. Cobra's silhouette was shown before she was released, and Bo Wei showed a level draining succubus as a hint to Cobra's abilities. Not quite teasing to the extent of Lily, but there was some teasing for earlier bosses.

That being said, Yvonne and Eliza were complete surprises with no information given about them before they were released, so this would hardly be the first time Bo Wei has kept things under wraps before a release.
Then since we have no information we should do the age old tradition where we spectate baselessly then get dissapointed when our head canon does not become reality.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
which one of the poll wasnt done yet?
The Ninja who uses her legs wasn't implemented yet. Assuming that the thief who stole your stuff evolved into Cobra and takes your levels instead, that is. The poll was so long ago though that I'm not sure it's relevant.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
The Ninja who uses her legs wasn't implemented yet. Assuming that the thief who stole your stuff evolved into Cobra and takes your levels instead, that is. The poll was so long ago though that I'm not sure it's relevant.
It IS a lead. dunno if its a cold one though

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
Ehh...I am not sure about a "ninja." I think that would be kinda boring and expected with this game.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes