RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
well my guess is that they are on vacations *GUESS!*:rolleyes:
I doubt they would go on vacation without alerting their base the update would be delayed. I can understand not wanting to spoil the update, but not stating that they are not going to be working on it for awhile would be just dishonest.

Reactions: zazzaro

Awesoooome

Feb 12, 2018
I was talking about my message I had sent to them, but yeah that too. It's honestly one of the reasons I'm not a patron. I feel like the community isn't updated enough on what's going on or development. That doesn't mean I think there aren't enough game updates put out, but rather the supporters who are giving money to help the development end up in the dark for quite some time. The last update did come out around this time last month I believe, and I think they're normally to be expected between the 5th to 10th of a month. Again, I understand that developing a game can be tough, let alone a good game like this, and that the developers do have their own lives, but since people are giving money for this, I feel they are somewhat obligated to know what's going on, even if that isn't necessarily part of the agreement.

I was going through the community page on Bo's patreon, and I saw that someone had asked for an update on the progress of the latest update, like if it was coming along ok and a possible release date. Bo Wei had replied to the post with, "Nah, I'm not telling anyone o_O"

That just rubs me wrong. I understand he's not required to do so, but I feel like there should be some sort of sense of responsibility in updating the people who financially support what you are doing. Maybe it was in light-hearted fun, but I think my point still stands.

Not to try and say who's better than the other or anything, but a good example of developers keeping their financial supporters and basic fans updated would be the team at Fenoxo's Blog. Yes, there are more people who are part of development, and yes, part of their thing is that one of their games is open to the public to help develop, so if someone had an idea and they posted it in their forums and worked it into a great addition to the game, they could become a part of the team, which would lead to more updates from more people. Granted, the guys over there have been developing games way longer than Bo Wei & Koda have, so they have more experience in this sort of thing.

Alas, I'm just a hopeful fan, and this may even upset Bo Wei if he reads this, which isn't my intent. I would just like to bring to his attention that the fans would like to hear more about the game. It could be an every day thing, where he just briefly talks about any progress made, if at all, and possibly include how his day was going or and special events he plans to go to. It would definitely get the community interacting with him more.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
If he's so adamant about not telling then maybe we're in for a surprise release boys :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:

Also, from the vibes I get from Bo, I'd say he's trying play the "excentric/quirky dev" character

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
@Awesoooome I've said almost word for word the same thing about updates. No need for dates, a simple, "things are going good/ok/not so smoothly" every once in a while would cool a lot of heads in his patreon community. His non discord patreonss get almost no contact from either dev, which is a bad deal. Even the discord has really petered out in popularity from where it was a month and a half ago.

Still, its ultimately his decision I suppose. Its one of the frustrating things with Bo, he isn't so worried about what his supporters want. That sucks for news and stuff, but it also prevents his projects from running away from him too. You mentioned fenoxo, and he is a great example. CoC absolutely got out of his control to the point he started to hate it because he allowed to much third party contribution. There is a positive side to Bo Wei's stubbornness. I dunno. I'd rather be left in the dark by the dev, but have him remain invested in the project, then feel in the loop and have a disinterested dev a la Fenoxo. Still, there is a middle ground that can be reached, and hopefully Bo and Koda will find it.

Reactions: Awesoooome

piepiepie

Jun 21, 2018
Everyone need to relax it'll come out...Besides most of those here are going to get it for free anyways why complain?

B_023

Apr 19, 2018
Update from Koda

"Quick progress update since it's been about a month since the last release:

Bowei has been working on Floor 6, which has become much bigger than his initial plans. As with Lily, Eliza II, and Cobra before it, this means the usual double-edged sword of taking longer but ultimately having more content to match. Mid-Late September is the estimated release for that, and we'll update with more detail as we get closer.

Meanwhile, I've been working on a "Summer Cleaning" update, which will both add the conclusion to 5F Part 2, a bunch of lewd content for multiple floors (no spoilers~), as well as various combat system reblances, QoL updates, etc.

Along with all this comes EX Battles, an optional challenge mode unlocked after achieving S-Rank against a boss. EX Battles allow boss stats to scale infinitely to match and surpass yours, offering a challenge for folks who enjoy the combat system, as well as hopefully making submitting/losing to them feel a bit more organic and real (rather than just Surrendering to enemies you can 1-shot).

This update is scheduled for the end of August.

On a meta/community note, I'd encourage anyone who wishes we were more communicative to simply join the Discord. Bo and I are both on pretty regularly and open to pings/etc. and official announcements are immediate and clearly marked. Frequent Patreon-blogging may not be either of our styles, but we're generally very reachable so don't be shy.

As always, thanks to everyone for your support! As Lily, Cobra, and Khulan have hinted, the ladies above 5F are quite formidable and we can't wait to show them off~

Cheers!"

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
So both updates have been pushed off, and the Cobra Yvonne update is joined by Lily and perhaps Eliza (I see no reason to add content to Khulan and Scarlett personally), plus quality of life stuff.

I'm happy about this to be honest. When it releases I might end up drained though :)

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
Update from Koda

"Quick progress update since it's been about a month since the last release:

Bowei has been working on Floor 6, which has become much bigger than his initial plans. As with Lily, Eliza II, and Cobra before it, this means the usual double-edged sword of taking longer but ultimately having more content to match. Mid-Late September is the estimated release for that, and we'll update with more detail as we get closer.

Meanwhile, I've been working on a "Summer Cleaning" update, which will both add the conclusion to 5F Part 2, a bunch of lewd content for multiple floors (no spoilers~), as well as various combat system reblances, QoL updates, etc.

Along with all this comes EX Battles, an optional challenge mode unlocked after achieving S-Rank against a boss. EX Battles allow boss stats to scale infinitely to match and surpass yours, offering a challenge for folks who enjoy the combat system, as well as hopefully making submitting/losing to them feel a bit more organic and real (rather than just Surrendering to enemies you can 1-shot).

This update is scheduled for the end of August.

On a meta/community note, I'd encourage anyone who wishes we were more communicative to simply join the Discord. Bo and I are both on pretty regularly and open to pings/etc. and official announcements are immediate and clearly marked. Frequent Patreon-blogging may not be either of our styles, but we're generally very reachable so don't be shy.

As always, thanks to everyone for your support! As Lily, Cobra, and Khulan have hinted, the ladies above 5F are quite formidable and we can't wait to show them off~

Cheers!"
Wait wait wait. Summer CLEANING? A conclusion to 5F Part 2? Does that mean that apart from Yvonne and Lady Cobra the update will also have an expansion for Lily? Three of the best girls getting an update all at once?

*Heavy breathing*

Reactions: Ryonaman

CrapLord

Oct 29, 2017
So both updates have been pushed off, and the Cobra Yvonne update is joined by Lily and perhaps Eliza (I see no reason to add content to Khulan and Scarlett personally), plus quality of life stuff.

I'm happy about this to be honest. When it releases I might end up drained though :)
Same... This might be too much for me to handle...

Reactions: zazzaro

Awesoooome

Feb 12, 2018
I'm glad someone came in and updated everyone. Now that I know there is more content than usual, I'm ok with the fact that it will take longer. Big thanks to Koda for letting us all know this.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
originally, ~monthly update.
4/5floor, 45+days update
6floor, lol...60+?
originally just a boss battle, no extras
4/5 floor, 3 bosses, expanded scenes for 5 bosses
I get what you are saying, but as time between updates have increased, so too has the amount of content., and yet the price has remained the same. Not such a bad deal if you ask me.

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
I am sad and dissapointed but also excited. While the update date is hard to swallow the promise of much more content is very welcome. I am conflicted.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes