RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

ReinaTekken

Jul 4, 2018
AHAHAHAHA HA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's so easy to just say Koda is a scam artist and then laugh at the reasons why he probably isn't, I don't see any bad points I made though.

But I'd be damned if I actually care about what people say on a thread for a game I don't think is good. I hope you find something better to do.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Yes I have no experience but I do not need.
In three years ConcernedApe created Stardew Valley on his own.
Unless Koda made F7 so large that it is twice as much content then the rest of the WHOLE tower then three years(!) of development are not reasonable for time.
As people still pay despite not delivering work it can easily called a scam same like wannabeeprophets promise the blue of the sky but making excusements of why the miracles are not ready just to get more donations.

Reactions: XMHK and YugataKisu

BB777

Mar 17, 2020
So... maybe... this month 7f will be released?

It doesn't matter because I don't believe in it anymore.

Quick list of things he is "working" on that were "almost finished":

1) Lady Cobra expansion
2) Spring cleaning (spring of I don't remember which year)
3) new/final version of Worrior Guild
4) 7f
5) Level:0
6) Swan and Crow 3

I miss something?

hearmoar

Jul 5, 2018
Just admit none of you have experience in game development and don't 100% know fully what you're talking about. It's really not hard to just admit that.

I'm not making excuses for Koda but if his excuses were legit most of us wouldn't have the knowledge to know or not so stop pretending like you do.

The leaked Swan part 3 was full of game crashing bugs from stuff that seemed like it should be simple to implement because it's so similar to other things but if it was that easy there would be no issues.

F7 is supposedly the biggest and most ambitious floor and in order to do that you're opening your game up to lots more potential bugs which probably are a nightmare to understand and then fix.

It would be easy for Koda to make 7 floors that are all as ambitious as F1 and we would eat that shit up but he's not just throwing out garbage so we stop complaining and Patrons get back on board.

He's stuck to his guns to make something the way he envisioned and that is respectable.

A scam artist would have just rushed some unfinished bullshit out as soon as patrons threatened to pull out and then promise something else that's new and exciting to rope more people in.

Like it or not if Koda's a scam artist he's doing a really bad job at it and if he was bad at making games, and this game wasn't worthwhile then why are we all here.
1640015249802.png

YugataKisu

May 5, 2019
even tho I myself have no experience but as someone who has worked with a few game devs as an artist on some small projects in the past and has contacts to quite a few codemonkeys.

i'll say this koda is full of shit none of the people i got to know would need 3 years for a single RPGmaker level this is an embarrasment their ego is what turned 7F into this clusterfuck boda aimed for the moon yet skillwise they barely can reach a houseroof and because they overcomplicated 7F so much they turned into all those unwanted sideprojects just so they don't have to deal with the headache and mess they have created in 7F. but this is my speculation nothing is confirmed.

Entropylol

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Just admit none of you have experience in game development and don't 100% know fully what you're talking about.
Oh! So to me criticize a poorly written movie I need to be a writter, to critic a bad animated anime I need to be a animator and to critic a game or its developers awful resource management and a even worst PR I need to be a game developer. Got it(y)

hypnofanxx

Oct 27, 2019
i saw this after i made my reply... i hate how predictable i am to you
It's not Hasan getting nuked from orbit by casually explained, but one can still see it coming.
( 3min mark if you haven't seen it).

And yes, I know I only have like 6 posts to my name. I lurk. But You, Slyph, Gearless Joe and a few others are amusing enough to comment on.

Qwertzyc

Jul 5, 2017
But I'd be damned if I actually care about what people say on a thread for a game I don't think is good. I hope you find something better to do.
So why are you here exactly? Because I've seen you post like 5 times in the last two pages. You claim you don't care about what people say yet you started asking people if they had the knowledge to say something about game dev :unsure: do you seriously not see the contradiction?

7F was announced years ago, the only reason why they never finished it isn't because of the code or the size of the level, it's because they don't want to. It's been 3 years since announcement, don't you think they could've find the way to finish it? Even the others 6 levels of ToT took less than 3 years to make, so basically could've made ToT from scratch in all that time. They could've also hired other people to help them, or they could've made the level smaller, or they could've made a new level entirely. But no, it doesn't suit them, because as long as they keep making new excuses and releasing some sort of random content here and there, people are still happy to believe they are supporting the "project", while all they are doing are incentivizing their lazyness. And the proof of that is here, because after 3 years some people are still defending them :FacePalm:

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
Just admit none of you have experience in game development and don't 100% know fully what you're talking about. It's really not hard to just admit that.

I'm not making excuses for Koda but if his excuses were legit most of us wouldn't have the knowledge to know or not so stop pretending like you do.
Your reasoning is quite idiotic I have to say. Most of us don't have any experience on game development like most of us don't have experience on professional cooking, etc . But as consumers we should be able to understand that delaying a game continuosly for 3 years is outrageous whatever big plans or legit excuses he has, like we are able to understand that waiting 5 hours for a pizza is bad even if the vast majority of us don't know how to cook a pizza (professionaly obviously). The fact that F7 is the most ambitious floor for ToT doesn't explain the fact that the game was supposed to have been released like 20 times in 3 years.

F7 is supposedly the biggest and most ambitious floor and in order to do that you're opening your game up to lots more potential bugs which probably are a nightmare to understand and then fix.

It would be easy for Koda to make 7 floors that are all as ambitious as F1 and we would eat that shit up but he's not just throwing out garbage so we stop complaining and Patrons get back on board.

He's stuck to his guns to make something the way he envisioned and that is respectable.
You are right, F7 is ambitious and will definitely be the biggest and richest floor of ToT, definetely more than any floor we have played... but it was supposed to be like that from February 2019, these 3 years of waiting are exclusively because of only delays. And even if he added more content to "stick to his vision" it will need to be no joke a fucking option to teleport you in ToT like some bad isekai. If that happens than it will be respectable anything else is a waste of time and an excuse for delaying the game.

A scam artist would have just rushed some unfinished bullshit out as soon as patrons threatened to pull out and then promise something else that's new and exciting to rope more people in.

Like it or not if Koda's a scam artist he's doing a really bad job at it and if he was bad at making games, and this game wasn't worthwhile then why are we all here
Sure... because Koda didn't release 100 new updates and bug fixes for every single release. Warrior Guild 0.9999 doesn't ring you a bell?! Or like 2 videos teasing F7 release more than a year ago when it was to be "almost finished": definitely not a scam move to avoid patreons abandoning their subscription, right?

In conclusion, yes we can agree that tha game is still top notch quality therefore people keep playing it and keep updated on development even after these delays and other bs. But that should't be a reason for Koda to keep disrespacting his patreons and fans.

YugataKisu

May 5, 2019
this is ''i can beat amanda nunes after a little training'' all over again
one guy makes an absolute idiotic statement and the entire thread just clowns him for the rest of their life lmao

• Haha
Reactions: XMHK

Ruffle

Jun 4, 2020

The leaked Swan part 3 was full of game crashing bugs from stuff that seemed like it should be simple to implement because it's so similar to other things but if it was that easy there would be no issues.

Like it or not if Koda's a scam artist he's doing a really bad job at it and if he was bad at making games, and this game wasn't worthwhile then why are we all here.
C'mon bro, I wasn't here for F7 which was supposed to come out 3 years ago, but I still remember Level 0 had a 1 month ETA more than a year ago. That's so ridiculous it sounds like a joke.

The problem isn't Koda's competence, it's his lack of management skills. In a professional environment you can't just miss a deadline 5 times, and then outright never actually make the release you promised, you'd get fired a million times. But Koda can do it because nobody's there to pressure him. I'd frankly eat my hand if part of the problem wasn't simply procastination.

I mean, personally I don't care, it's not like I'm paying or anything. But the delays are so absurd that I don't understand how anyone could think 'oh, yeah, makes sense'.

There's one thing you got right though, F7 is probably pretty big. So if we're lucky it'll drop before the end of 2022.

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
so where is the proper progress report dude. Koda is not only delaying games but delaying progress report, but i guess i must be an english teacher to judge anything related to that.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes