RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
Fair warning that Cobra's drain is being adjusted to store levels as EXP, meaning her "exploit" will be less effective (you can still do it, but you'll only be receiving the EXP for levels 1-5 rather than 5 flat levels).

For what it's worth, using Cobra as a "reverse-battery" to get a few levels by being her bitch is intended, but the current implementation is obviously neither lore-friendly or particularly fun (players feel pressured to do it because it's so "efficient", then feel the game is too easy once they do it).

When this change goes through, her EXP will automatically be calculated when you load the game on the new update. Thus, if you don't want to lose your "hard work", just Tribute everything to her before moving your save to the new version.

A bug causing her EX mode to be way too strong will also be fixed, in case anyone ran into / was wondering about that.
I think the mechanics that cause it is because the drain takes the player down to 1 ATK and 1 DEF rather than the 21 ATK and 16 DEF that Ethan starts with at level 1. I'm pretty sure that if players stocked up on 75 Lava and Frozen potions they wouldn't have to lose to get to level 5... it's just that the potions would only give +1 each at level 1. I'm thinking the EXP fix would only make it so that Ethan can max out on ATK and DEF at a much lower level, if the player was inclined to do so.

Thanks for everything!

Reactions: bahamut2195

edoitachi

Jul 24, 2018
Zazarro was just an idiot with big trap. No wonder he got banned. All the better. No one in their right mind will miss that troll >_>

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Fair warning that Cobra's drain is being adjusted to store levels as EXP, meaning her "exploit" will be less effective (you can still do it, but you'll only be receiving the EXP for levels 1-5 rather than 5 flat levels).

For what it's worth, using Cobra as a "reverse-battery" to get a few levels by being her bitch is intended, but the current implementation is obviously neither lore-friendly or particularly fun (players feel pressured to do it because it's so "efficient", then feel the game is too easy once they do it).

When this change goes through, her EXP will automatically be calculated when you load the game on the new update. Thus, if you don't want to lose your "hard work", just Tribute everything to her before moving your save to the new version.

A bug causing her EX mode to be way too strong will also be fixed, in case anyone ran into / was wondering about that.
Hey any news or teasers for the next floor? :D Keep up the great work :D

Koda-

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
@robtbo - Not sure I totally follow, but Cobra's ATK/DEF management is being rewritten to use the same system as consumables (eg. Lava/Frozen potions), which should curb most exploits there (namely by observing the Level*3 cap) while still allowing her to be used as a "stat bank" or to adjust your stats/the game difficulty/etc.

The lore involved also sets up for some fun interactions I have planned later.

In terms of difficulty, maxed bonus stats should generally not be necessary to progress anyway. And for people who want to cheat/one-shot everything, there's always save-editing.

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
@robtbo - Not sure I totally follow, but Cobra's ATK/DEF management is being rewritten to use the same system as consumables (eg. Lava/Frozen potions), which should curb most exploits there (namely by observing the Level*3 cap) while still allowing her to be used as a "stat bank" or to adjust your stats/the game difficulty/etc.

The lore involved also sets up for some fun interactions I have planned later.

In terms of difficulty, maxed bonus stats should generally not be necessary to progress anyway. And for people who want to cheat/one-shot everything, there's always save-editing.
I just tested my hypothesis (with legit grinding) and I'm right.

I beat Scarlet 3 and Eliza 3 to stock up on 75 Lava/Frozen potions each. Then I: 1: Tribute all stats to Lady Cobra, 2: Use 23 Lava potions and 18 Frozen potions to max out Ethan LVL 1 at ATK 24 and DEF 19 (Starting stats +3 bonus) 3: Recover all stats and gain +23 ATK and +18 DEF. Because I overestimated how many potions I needed, I could immediately repeat the process 2 more times to be at a total of +69 ATK and +54 DEF without gaining a single EXP point or Level. I can tribute all again and finish off the remainder of my 75 potions each or start grinding for potions again.

I didn't estimate correctly because depending on what weapons and armor are equipped, the +1 bonuses that the potions give you at Level 1 don't track numerically until after all stats are recovered. From my save point, with the Conductor equipped as a weapon it took over 40 Lava potions before I got my ATK to be 2. After I recovered all, the 40 plus bonus ATK points tracked with my stats. From my save point with nothing equipped, the +1 per potion corresponds to the number of potions I use at all times.

In other words, the level up exploit is less an exploit than the ATK/DEF bonus exploit, which only requires consuming potions at Level 1. Seems like it would be a fairly simple deal to code in that if Lady Cobra's balance ≠ 0, Frozen Potions, Lava Potions and Stillwater Cookies get grayed out under the items menu. Maybe add a text blurb for Lady Cobra telling Ethan that he doesn't get to choose his bonuses, that the decision is hers instead.

Hope you don't get tired of hearing "Thanks" because I'll keep on saying it. Thanks:p

Dahomi

Jun 13, 2018
man i like the game i will give it 8/10 cause there so many feet , it got annoying after a while.Please in the next update no more feet attacks just once , anything else sheeh . lol.

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
I just tested my hypothesis (with legit grinding) and I'm right.

I beat Scarlet 3 and Eliza 3 to stock up on 75 Lava/Frozen potions each. Then I: 1: Tribute all stats to Lady Cobra, 2: Use 23 Lava potions and 18 Frozen potions to max out Ethan LVL 1 at ATK 24 and DEF 19 (Starting stats +3 bonus) 3: Recover all stats and gain +23 ATK and +18 DEF. Because I overestimated how many potions I needed, I could immediately repeat the process 2 more times to be at a total of +69 ATK and +54 DEF without gaining a single EXP point or Level. I can tribute all again and finish off the remainder of my 75 potions each or start grinding for potions again.

I didn't estimate correctly because depending on what weapons and armor are equipped, the +1 bonuses that the potions give you at Level 1 don't track numerically until after all stats are recovered. From my save point, with the Conductor equipped as a weapon it took over 40 Lava potions before I got my ATK to be 2. After I recovered all, the 40 plus bonus ATK points tracked with my stats. From my save point with nothing equipped, the +1 per potion corresponds to the number of potions I use at all times.

In other words, the level up exploit is less an exploit than the ATK/DEF bonus exploit, which only requires consuming potions at Level 1. Seems like it would be a fairly simple deal to code in that if Lady Cobra's balance ≠ 0, Frozen Potions, Lava Potions and Stillwater Cookies get grayed out under the items menu. Maybe add a text blurb for Lady Cobra telling Ethan that he doesn't get to choose his bonuses, that the decision is hers instead.

Hope you don't get tired of hearing "Thanks" because I'll keep on saying it. Thanks:p
To be blunt, why are you insisting on dropping Ethan to level 1? Cobra lets you choose which stats to donate. If you lower your level, that just means you can use fewer potions at once. I've been using the exploit for months now and lowering Ethan's level seems unnecessary.

Reactions: robtbo

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
like, any save editor works? sorry I never tried save editors for games other than TiTs and CoC, so I just want to be sure.

It might take a bit of trial and error to figure out what you are modifying, but it's easy enough to use.

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
To be blunt, why are you insisting on dropping Ethan to level 1? Cobra lets you choose which stats to donate. If you lower your level, that just means you can use fewer potions at once. I've been using the exploit for months now and lowering Ethan's level seems unnecessary.
That's just the way I found the exploit. I had been leveling up to 5 fast and saw it was taking a ridiculous amount of potions to get my ATK/DEF back to max. I only started taking potions at level 1 just that once to see exactly what was going on. I wasn't even thinking of trying other ways to exploit until figuring that all out.

EDIT: And I was just having fun getting my ass kicked by Lily :love:

Reactions: c-+ and ccccccccccc

saso_mox

Mar 20, 2018
hi, can anyone tell me if there is any update after Christmas update "Claus" ??
and if any one have walkthrough for it and saves after complete Claus scenes?

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes