RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
>"stop the delays, just release what you have"
>releases what he has in a public build, so that people can see work is being done
>"wow so lazy, shove the demo up yours"
Maybe people thought Koda said he would release what he had finished and not just what he had? He also said he'd do it five days ago? Do you people really not get why some of us are frustrated?

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
If your audience demands you show your work after 6 months of work and all you have complete is a demo for one girl with a paltry amount of content, then you are lazy and incompetant. The amount of people defending Koda's bs is amazing.

"People will see at the end of the day all the amount of content. All the great and wonderful content." We have seen what he has, and found it wanting. You defending it just makes you look pathetic.
I do not defend the way they've been going about with this. They're not communicative enough, and the way they sometimes stoke the fire is a very bad idea, to the point of being practically disrespectful. I've criticized that time and time again, in addition to suggesting ideas on how they could improve it. It leads me to question how being okay with him actually taking a step in the right direction of showing progress counts as defending his BS. The nametossing and ad personams don't help the case either. We haven't even seen the build yet, just the leaks, so already calling it "paltry amount" seems unfair, like you already have your mind set regardless of how much it could be. Once it comes out and it turns out to be just that, then by all means, roast the fuck out of it. In the meantime, all we can do is wait. Waiting is pretty much all it comes down to anyway.

Sqvirrel

Sep 1, 2017
Maybe people thought Koda said he would release what he had finished and not just what he had? He also said he'd do it five days ago? Do you people really not get why some of us are frustrated?
It takes a special kind of disconnect to still believe Koda about release dates after more than a year of this shit. To still expect something to be released. To still get frustrated over missed deadlines. I actually don't understand how that works, you are right. If you don't like it, cancel your pledge and if they consider this their job, and not a passion project, they will discontinue it if people do it enough. The only way to get people to behave professional is if they want to be professionals and the markets agree with you. Because ranting the same exact rant for the 50th time sure as hell is not going to change shit. They are not going to magically learn from this. It's going to be this shit till the end, rejoice in it. And if you can get off a few times a year based on some bloated boss rush game, then that is an added extra.

Reactions: Blood Parade

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Weird way to setup a patreon. That sole 2$ tier is basically pissing money away by creating this lowest possible dollar per patron amount.

bow.png

scoobzz

Dec 6, 2018
scoobzz if you actually think people are surprised every time Koda announces a new delay then you must have some awful observation skills. People are angry as they should be every time someone messes up in the same way 15 consecutive times, it's a ridiculous situation no matter what the error.

Just imagine a friend borrows something from you and they tell you they'll give it back next week, and then they forget and they say they'll give it to you the week after, and then... you get the point. A normal person will be angry and confused at such a development, especially if it goes on for 15 weeks straight. Someone who doesn't do anything and tries to rationalize their friend's mistakes over and over and over, just doesn't respect himself enough and is being taken advantage of more than likely.
But the 'mess-up' is that he vastly underestimated how big he was going to make the update. You suggest I have bad observation skills, but your comparison is immensely flawed and implies that the update is actually close to finished or even finished, but Koda is just too lazy to do the last 5% of work and puts it off for weeks. He literally described an update the scope of which, when compared to previous updates, would take well over 8 months. And you aren't surprised when a ~4 month release date lapses, but you're then angry that he's incompetent and lazy? The comparison was at least useful for measuring (put lightly) how realistic and far apart our expectations are.

Reactions: Arctif

Parasection

May 3, 2018
We haven't even seen the build yet, just the leaks, so already calling it "paltry amount" seems unfair, like you already have your mind set regardless of how much it could be.
What are you talking about???

He literally said a long time ago that the 7th floor was on the way. Now we got a spring cleaning, oh but wait, we're only going to release the Cobra part of it. Oh but wait, I can't even do all of that, so you're just going to get a demo.

"hahahaha lol get pranked scrub." That's all I feel when I see this. Not even counting the absurd amount of delays that surpassed even the Yvonne shit show. It's a definite paltry amount compared to what was "planned."

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
your comparison is immensely flawed and implies that the update is actually close to finished or even finished, but Koda is just too lazy to do the last 5% of work and puts it off for weeks.
Huh? This is in no way what I was saying, buddy, you're overthinking things. The comparison fits because both Koda and the shitty friend have real issues with responsibility and/or keeping their word. What you were meant to take out of that comparison is that you shouldn't rationalize their mistakes if they're going to keep repeating them. Which is exactly what you keep doing.
Btw, from the looks of Koda's most recent announcement, seems like the Cobra demo is going to be a real letdown, even though you were saying it was going to be something epic of amazing proportions... Ouch.
It takes a special kind of disconnect to still believe Koda about release dates after more than a year of this shit. To still expect something to be released. To still get frustrated over missed deadlines. I actually don't understand how that works, you are right.
It takes a special kind of disconnect to not understand you can know what the outcome of something is going to be, and still be upset over it.

You guys are struggling with stuff so simple I can't help but wonder if you're being obtuse on purpouse. What a shitshow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daheckishappening

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
One minute untill we get the cultimation of 6 months worth of effort and "hard" work. Lets all enjoy the bountiful content of this "demo" boys.

LOL TIMER JUST CHANGED TO 5 MINUTES

You literally cant make this stuff up

skyreacher

Jan 23, 2018
One minute untill we get the cultimation of 6 months worth of effort and "hard" work. Lets all enjoy the bountiful content of this "demo" boys.

LOL TIMER JUST CHANGED TO 5 MINUTES

You literally cant make this stuff up
.... this timer starts going up once it hits 0, in other words thats how long it has passed since the timmer hited 0

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes