RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes
Dec 9, 2017
Here some recent news for you guys, like I said a few days ago Bo is working on something and wath Koda was doing was unclear until now. Just look below and read it yourselfs. Koda anouncement.png
The side story Bo Wei is doing right now should be out pretty soon. He is going for short updates while Koda is busy with floor 7 right now.

Last edited:

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
I don't think anyone can make a case for Koda being a good writer. You can say you like him as an erotica writer, but I think he'd have to show us that he doesn't lack some basic writing skills (like being able to write complex and interesting characters or settings), before you can say he's good at writing in general. I think that just like it's possible for someone to be bad at drawing and still be a good caricaturist, it's possible for Koda to be bad at writing and still be a good erotica writer. But even the people who like his erotic writing have to admit he has some VERY bad bits... I mean... 'FOOTNOSIS'... That should be enough for everyone to understand.
But anyways, originally you said that you believed Koda to be a professional in his writing, and there's just nothing professional about him.

LeonOne994 Just curious, would you say Koda's a good erotica writer? What about a good writer in general?

But there's just so much about what Koda's doing that doesn't make any sense. What's the point of all this elaborate scripting? If it's stuff that he knows most people won't notice, if it's making people angry because it's taking so long, if it's even making Bo have to reach out and say he has OCD, what's the point? If he really has OCD then he should go see a therapist already, and more people should be telling him that.
He says he's waiting on Bo to finish F7, as if that's the only way he has of working on ToT stuff, completely ignoring the fact that he's had this massive update for the game in the works, with tons of content and which was supposed to drop more than 4 months ago.
People have been saying for ages that we should give him time so that he'll become a competent programmer, but functionally he's become even more incompetent than he was at the beginning.
And then there's the WG contradiction. When the discussion is about why Koda even chose to start working on WG, the reason is that it's smaller than ToT, so there's less stuff in the way. But when the discussion is about why it's taking Koda so long to do anything in WG, the reason is that the code is old? You can't have it both ways. And if the real reason is that he's working on a lot of stuff, then how come there's never been a lot of stuff in his updates? Just remember what was promised in the spring cleaning update versus what we got.

What I'm getting at is this, we can spend forever arguing whether Koda is actually hard-working and well-meaning or the opposite, no one outside of Koda will know for sure whether it's one or the other. But Koda being incompetent? By this point that's a fact, and it's clear as day.
Erotica? Yes. But overall? I can't tell to be honest, you need complex, layered characters for that and so far we haven't really seen that but in his defense that isn't something they are going for I think. But I do think that he knows how to write decent erotica :D but I might not be the best person to speak of that because if you hit one of my kinks I'll just give you a 10/10 :D

Reactions: GearlessJoe

Mrinituso

Jan 17, 2018
Here some recent news for you guys, like I said a few days ago Bo is working on something and wath Koda was doing was unclear until now. Just look below and read it yourselfs. View attachment 406650
The side story Bo Wei is doing right now should be out pretty soon. He is going for short updates while Koda is busy with floor 7 right now.
Is that auteur mentality I spy on Bo Wei?

Desiring appreciation is actually constructive, but returning to eke out more mileage out of an underappreciated piece of released work seems a slippery slope to me :unsure:

No excusing delays, though.

When Bo writes he hangs the poignancy of his text on "magic words," I don't know how to put it better.

Koda can convey the feeling of being manipulated more subtly, which I enjoy.
He's capable of conveying creeping sense of corruption/falling-from-dignity in the writing, like Ethan losing his sense of self as he gradually signs away agency to the enemy.

I still find it inelegant in places, like the manner of blunt. word-by-word. emphasis. you get sometimes.
YMMV, I find those a turn-off, but Bo wrote like that in his earlier games as well.

I don't know if those are Bo or Koda's influence, though, since in any case, if we're getting the english version of any of Bo's writings, it'd be through Koda.

No excusing delays, though.

Side note, I've always felt a (90's and before generation) manhua vibe from ToT.
They had simple writing style that focuses on emphasizing words for maximum impact.

The whole "(martial arts) power weaponizes one's body" is also a very entrenched trope in pulp-level wuxia.
Just instead of poison fingertips it's poison (hypnotic) feet odor here.

Reactions: c-+ and B2B2

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
what is the bo thing? any clues?
Didn't Koda mention it was a "bonus floor" for TOT, maybe along the lines of Miss Claus? Or perhaps some more speculation is in order - something to build on the Halloween update from last year, maybe new interactions with the pumpkin item? Maybe others have some guesses too :)

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
Oct 30, 2017
anyway to make cobra lvl 3 or ex?
You have to lose to her, make her drain levels until you unlock EX.
As this EX run is a "No Losses File", I just refrained from her.
If there was a way to unlock her EX without being forced to lose, I woud def give the Purple Lady a shot, but it's so low-priority for me and even more for the rest of the community that I will never complain about it. Right now, what we desperately need is some good-ass ToT, and they are working on it.

The thing is, in my alternate save (stained file with submissive interactions, everything unlocked), when I faced EX Cobra, she had a whole "inner-fire-thingy" going that makes her bugged and virtually unbeatable: there's no use in being a bona-fide badass when dealing with QTEs if I can't damage her whatsoever. Any kind of strike or Counter does 0 damage.
I don't know if it's the same with you guys, but it's what's going down when I try it. So... I didn't even bother.

The whole "make Cobra's EX unlockable without being forced to lose" thing is the lowest priority stuff for the whole community, I'm pretty sure. A proper content update is what we need. So... we just wait. :)

Reactions: c-+
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes