RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Mrinituso

Jan 17, 2018
Adding my two cents to the discussion about the girls and the dojo/elemental skill exchange thing of the game:
They're martial arts manhua tropes.

The girls (at least up to Karen) are strongly influenced by martial arts manhua tropes.

The whole book/scroll from which you can learn shounenized wuxia kungfu techniques is also a staple trope of Chinese martial arts fiction, including how the elemental schools compete with each other, having secret technique books that are prime currency in the world of martial arts ToT, and fighting each other for them.

I found just replacing all mentions of 'magic' or 'power' with 'qi' made it obvious for me.

The game also states 'villainesses,' so that's exactly the kind of characters you'd find in it. It's a defeat/getting corrupted fantasy. So the girls are more defined by how they can break and corrupt Ethan. (Whereas in MGD, the girls actually want to coexist or get into a stable relationship)

Subjectively, I'm somewhat in the Lily camp. After five floors of unrelentingly sociopathic girls, she was a breath of fresh air (ha!) who has a clearly-stated goal and some visible vulnerability. Bo Wei's disdain for her actually turned me off the game, because that meant the sociopathy is what the authors like. I like the harsh femdom, and I have smell fetish, but I got tired of the heavy-handed approach and the feet.

I like Crow, though. Not just the armpit content, I found her mercenary (literally) approach is also distinct from the others.

...but couldn't they just post her and Swan as 7F and push Kaori up a floor... or something?
It's just labeling, but it makes us feel like we're getting nowhere.

I'm not making any statement about the writing. Tropes used and the direction of the game has little to do with Koda's writing aptitude and techniques.

But I understand how writing can take a lot of mental energy, and maybe Koda should lower his own expectations juuust a little.

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
Personally I think the update was great. It added a true ending to chapter 2 of the Swan/Crow content (which to be fair should have already been implemented) and a variety of scenes for swan. For Lily there may be no new cg’s, but the setting and situation have brought Lily’s content to a near close, only missing a game over scene. I enjoyed the new Lily scenes but that may be because I focus more on the dialogue, with the cg to help along.

To be fair to Bo, while I don’t like PAWG’s Megan is a great character imo and I’m excited to experience Warrior guild’s finale, being one of the only people in this forum who actually enjoy the game. Floor 7 looks great and am excited but...
Agreed. Except, i don't get why you woukd want a game over scene ? Submitting to Lily shouldn't lead to a game over imo. (Maybe you were speaking of a fake game over like Scarlett ? )

Sep 15, 2018
Adding my two cents to the discussion about the girls and the dojo/elemental skill exchange thing of the game:

The girls (at least up to Karen) are strongly influenced by martial arts manhua tropes.

The whole book/scroll from which you can learn shounenized wuxia kungfu techniques is also a staple trope of Chinese martial arts fiction, including how the elemental schools compete with each other, having secret technique books that are prime currency in the world of martial arts ToT, and fighting each other for them.

I found just replacing all mentions of 'magic' or 'power' with 'qi' made it obvious for me.

The game also states 'villainesses,' so that's exactly the kind of characters you'd find in it. It's a defeat/getting corrupted fantasy. So the girls are more defined by how they can break and corrupt Ethan. (Whereas in MGD, the girls actually want to coexist or get into a stable relationship)

Subjectively, I'm somewhat in the Lily camp. After five floors of unrelentingly sociopathic girls, she was a breath of fresh air (ha!) who has a clearly-stated goal and some visible vulnerability. Bo Wei's disdain for her actually turned me off the game, because that meant the sociopathy is what the authors like. I like the harsh femdom, and I have smell fetish, but I got tired of the heavy-handed approach and the feet.

I like Crow, though. Not just the armpit content, I found her mercenary (literally) approach is also distinct from the others.

...but couldn't they just post her and Swan as 7F and push Kaori up a floor... or something?
It's just labeling, but it makes us feel like we're getting nowhere.

I'm not making any statement about the writing. Tropes used and the direction of the game has little to do with Koda's writing aptitude and techniques.

But I understand how writing can take a lot of mental energy, and maybe Koda should lower his own expectations juuust a little.
I’m sure they could make Swan and Crow the villainess‘ of F7 and make Kaori F8, but it’s the atmosphere of the side room with all the injured characters that makes Swan and Crow unique. I think that if Swan and Crow started development as villainess’ of the next floor, then we wouldn’t have had Swan being kind to the viewer. As it is a side door, it allows for different content, rather than fighting the villainess of the floor and exploring her content, and at this point I think everyone’s expecting 7F as Kaori combined with the enormous map we were shown. If it’s anything else then people would get more angry than they are now.

Sep 15, 2018
Agreed. Except, i don't get why you woukd want a game over scene ? Submitting to Lily shouldn't lead to a game over imo. (Maybe you were speaking of a fake game over like Scarlett ? )
No, every villainess should have a game over scene imo.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Scarlett could have a game over scene with Ethan being fully broken and not even able to climb the tower. I think providing game over scenes to each of the villainess’ allows the player to choose who to fully submit to, instead of jumping between the different villainess’ like a lost puppy (literally). But my main reason for saying that was because Lily’s content is, essentially, finished. The only addition now would be a game over.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018
I hate how everything is tied to the puppy gear which means I gotta submit to previous old hags.
How dare you, Scarlett and Eliza do not deserve such insults. They only want the best for you!!!

Tbf you might want to submit to all of the characters in the game, because you never know when you might need something or some requirement to experience some of the content you actually want to experience.

• Love
Reactions: Scotsman1989

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
Scarlett could have a game over scene with Ethan being fully broken and not even able to climb the tower. I think providing game over scenes to each of the villainess’ allows the player to choose who to fully submit to, instead of jumping between the different villainess’ like a lost puppy (literally). But my main reason for saying that was because Lily’s content is, essentially, finished. The only addition now would be a game over.

If when you fully submit, your game is over, i don't think many of us would do it...

But i strongly agree that the fact we can submit to everyone like a lost puppy is not cool.

For Lily, i don't feel like it's totally finished tho. Even when you experienced all the scenes, you still can refuse things to her. At this moment, Ethan is hers, but i feel like it lacks a closure scene when we understand clearly the position of the two characters.

Reactions: Vergo88

Shadowyy

Oct 12, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to get the extended version of the smother box scene? Ethan cums before the watersports starts.

Mar 15, 2020
I gotta admit I really enjoyed the lily update, to bad we had no new cgs, but the dialog was very in character, still split on that ninja mistress tease tho.
Also how did Lily teach us a better Hydroscreen? I thought it was a secret technique of her dojo and the whole point was that Gerald wouldn't teach it to her, am I missing something?

That being said:
>10 days
I'm gonna set my clock for the 29th.
1593941718204.png

Apr 22, 2020
Is there any special reason EX crow is handing me my face this hard?
I literally can't beat her despite the scaling that was supposed to be put in, I have to do perfect QTEs and spam all the buff potions just to SURVIVE
Not sure what you mean by "despite the scaling", Koda said he buffed her entirely in the changelog pastebin. Tried fighting her at lvl 15 and she wrecked me.

If you don't mind, do you have any recommandation for manhua/video games/fanfics/books/movies/series/animations where those tropes are present and/or important, please?

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
I 100% agree and I think that should have taken the drivers seat with all of these updates. Make every mistress have a game over or two, I think it helps them as characters, they aren't just fucking around they want to break Ethan. Plus it gives a sense of closure after each floor. You saw everything there was on that floor and, while you are free to come back to it, the rest of the tower awaits. And I love bad ends :D hahahahaha

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
Yeah come to think of it, more game over on mistresses could be a good thing. But still, i dont think it would fit on Lily... While she definitely became a vilainess, she still want to escape the tower with ethan as her "apprentice" . So what's the point having a game over with her while she has the same goal than Ethan ? Climbing the tower, freeing ethan's friends is still possible even if he became Lily's property.

Another thing : The fact Scarlett lets you climb the tower leads to more content. If you couldn't continue after submitting to her, it wouldn't be fun at all.

Well it's my opinion !

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I gotta admit I really enjoyed the lily update, to bad we had no new cgs, but the dialog was very in character, still split on that ninja mistress tease tho.
Also how did Lily teach us a better Hydroscreen? I thought it was a secret technique of her dojo and the whole point was that Gerald wouldn't teach it to her, am I missing something?
From what I understood she knows how long it should generally last and mayby the Naga Pearl let her learn it autodidakt. Another thing is, she is an actual (ex) Water Dojo member so she knows how to use water and can teach Ethan the flaws of his using because of how the Fire Dojo teached him.

Reactions: MisterReaper94

Yuushiro1085

May 25, 2018

That being said:
>10 days
I'm gonna set my clock for the 29th.
View attachment 717748

u need to set your alarm to 10 week

• Haha
Reactions: MisterReaper94

gmodking666

Apr 14, 2020
could someone please give us a mega link to the newest patch (fixed version) of the midget new update please?
thank you.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes