4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Oh wow, a KINETIC novel disguised as a VIRTUAL, it only gives you the ILLUSION of choice.

The only choices that are valid are ones where it just omits the scene if you didn't choose it.
I wanted to go with the sister to check things out, but NOPE something kept her right where I didn't need to be.

But I do like all of the characters from a later Kinetic novel named Warlord, including my sweet Cassandra, and the 2 justifiably angry winged beings.

EDIT:
Alright this is almost comical, WHY would you start SO many sentances with "FUCK OFF!!", that makes zero sense when one sister is trying to comfort another one...
IMAGINE that for a moment..." FUCK OFF! How are you doing sister are you healing well?"
FUCK OFF!! you have been sleeping for 3 days now
FUCK OFF!! you are being lazy.
Does the writer have a type or turrets syndrome that makes them TYPE profanities rather than just yelling them??

Last edited:

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Oh wow, a KINETIC novel disguised as a VIRTUAL, it only gives you the ILLUSION of choice.

The only choices that are valid are ones where it just omits the scene if you didn't choose it.
I wanted to go with the sister to check things out, but NOPE something kept her right where I didn't need to be.

But I do like all of the characters from a later Kinetic novel named Warlord, including my sweet Cassandra, and the 2 justifiably angry winged beings.

EDIT:
Alright this is almost comical, WHY would you start SO many sentences with "FUCK OFF!!", that makes zero sense when one sister is trying to comfort another one...
IMAGINE that for a moment..." FUCK OFF! How are you doing sister are you healing well?"
FUCK OFF!! you have been sleeping for 3 days now
FUCK OFF!! you are being lazy.
Does the writer have a type or turrets syndrome that makes them TYPE profanities rather than just yelling them??
Euryale's favorite catch phrase is "fuck off" and she doesn't yell it. It's her way of saying "My God", "Come on..." or "Are you kidding me?" in a nonchalant sort of way. It starts to rub-off on the other characters in Euryale's Gambit and they start saying it too.

As for the choices, they are designed to affect the outcome, but not the story. They are designed to change how you personally feel at the ending. Did you do what you could to save Medusa and fail because of personal weakness or neglect? Or did you even try to save her because you were too caught up in your own selfish pleasure? You are supposed to feel exactly how Stheno and Euryale do. That was the intention anyway. I could probably add something in the epilogue that makes that a bit more obvious.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: 7empest5teele

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Euryale's favorite catch phrase is "fuck off" and she doesn't yell it. It's her way of saying "My God", "Come on..." or "Are you kidding me?" in a nonchalant sort of way. It starts to rub-off on the other characters in Euryale's Gambit and they start saying it too.

As for the choices, they are designed to affect the outcome, but not the story. They are designed to change how you personally feel at the ending. Did you do what you could to save Medusa and fail because of personal weakness or neglect? Or did you even try to save her because you were too caught up in your own selfish pleasure? That was the intention anyway. I could probably add something in the epilogue that makes that a bit more obvious.
Well, the phrase "Fuck off" might sit better with readers as something simple if it didnt include a couple of exclamation marks behind them, or maybe add a few more o's like Oh Fuck oooooff lol.
In Canada that's a common phrase, and we say it almost like a donkey hee-hawing.
With the intent of making this kinetic novel feel more personal or virtual, meaning our decisions actually mean something, or how you envisioned it to be, based on how we reacted, and our own feelings on how it ended, I can't see that at all, I went through this 3 times, choosing different paths, which all magnetically made my decisions for me, regardless of my intent, like my thoughts and feelings, were of little consequence.
I went through being helpful and loving my family deeply and ended up on the third run through being a selfish priick, and still felt the same with every ending, like my feelings didn't matter.
Its difficult to make a linear kinetic novel feel like a virtual one, no matter how you view the readers opinions.

Edit, you broke my heart twice in this novel btw since I grew to adore Medusa, but the moment I saw the name Persius, I knew the outcome..which didnt make it easier...WHY didn't she just choose to run and get her sisters...just...sigh never mind, i understand her motives...they were just very very wrong...clearly.

Reactions: deepglugs

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Well, the phrase "Fuck off" might sit better with readers as something simple if it didnt include a couple of exclamation marks behind them, or maybe add a few more o's like Oh Fuck oooooff lol.
In Canada that's a common phrase, and we say it almost like a donkey hee-hawing.
With the intent of making this kinetic novel feel more personal or virtual, meaning our decisions actually mean something, or how you envisioned it to be, based on how we reacted, and our own feelings on how it ended, I can't see that at all, I went through this 3 times, choosing different paths, which all magnetically made my decisions for me, regardless of my intent, like my thoughts and feelings, were of little consequence.
I went through being helpful and loving my family deeply and ended up on the third run through being a selfish priick, and still felt the same with every ending, like my feelings didn't matter.
Its difficult to make a linear kinetic novel feel like a virtual one, no matter how you view the readers opinions.

Edit, you broke my heart twice in this novel btw since I grew to adore Medusa, but the moment I saw the name Persius, I knew the outcome..which didnt make it easier...WHY didn't she just choose to run and get her sisters...just...sigh never mind, i understand her motives...they were just very very wrong...clearly.
I appreciate the feedback. Towards the end, I did end up at least giving the choices different renders and dialog. I plan on at least doing that for the earlier choices.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7empest5teele

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
I appreciate the feedback. Towards the end, I did end up at least giving the choices different renders and dialog. I plan on at least doing that for the earlier choices.
Keep in mind here I may prefer alright expect a virtual novel where my choices mean I get to shape the direction I want to take it in.

Now that the first part of the vision is complete, I get to see the prelude to how a certain OP character that I ALSO grew to admire in the VERY good beginning (for me) in Warlord.
Thats the latest installment I think, going by what I am seeing here, continuing with Euyale's Gambit...gambit huh...you are planning to rip out my freshly healed heart I am thinking...since I only recall ONE of that trilogy of sisters on her cleansing mission.

Then...we do not have a stand-alone for Stheno where she begins her very justified vengeance champagne-campaign on the drug addict Olympians (I was seriously elated when I saw Euyale crash the... Poseidon party and wondered WHY she never ensured he was forevermore, permanently a EUNIC!)...no ALL of the gods I think, and THAT is something I want to SEE< I want to FEEL that justification of seeing Stheno (of course by extension US the readers) ripping their violation extremities and having them literally fed to them for the enjoyment of all!

I want to see Poseidon be the very end part of a God-centipede, directly attached to the next liked antagonist, Zeus!

The path you are taking us on clearly will have you showing mighty good details on the path of revenge, which ALL happened centuries....no EONS before Warlord.
You REALLY gave one of my more hated villains an EASY road, where I myself would have taken a much longer enjoyable path of slow dismemberment, starting with thin bamboo shoots under each of her fingers and toenails, with occasional iodine, hydrogen peroxide, and salt applied to each one regularly...for sterile cleaning reasons of course, keeping that cun...individual alive the entire way just BEGGING me to end it...when of course I would quietly reply..."No".

YOU did this, by creating likable AND hatable characters to side with and loathe respectively...THREE of which should have gone to Amazon-land when they TALKED about it...yes you made very likable AND hated characters throughout the trilogy(?) within this narrative.

OH and you never DID tell us what happened to the Siren who was charged with looking after Andromeda...for her BETRAYAL, sending the assassin to complete his task with NO WARNING for the girls OR their mother, which must have driven The Queen batshit-insane with grief and anger!
She laid a TOWN to waste for what a couple of gods did to her daughter...what would she be capable of when she found out what happened next when she SAW a familiar face on a shield??

Lastly, Warlord is listed in the same format as these 2 previous installments are, meaning its almost complete when there is a WHOLE new world to go through on that story, they haven't even seen every single soldier that is responsible for my first heartbreak in this trilogy...and we can't really count the messenger.

Now THIS was a VERY long final reply!

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Keep in mind here I may prefer alright expect a virtual novel where my choices mean I get to shape the direction I want to take it in.

Now that the first part of the vision is complete, I get to see the prelude to how a certain OP character that I ALSO grew to admire in the VERY good beginning (for me) in Warlord.
Thats the latest installment I think, going by what I am seeing here, continuing with Euyale's Gambit...gambit huh...you are planning to rip out my freshly healed heart I am thinking...since I only recall ONE of that trilogy of sisters on her cleansing mission.

Then...we do not have a stand-alone for Stheno where she begins her very justified vengeance champagne-campaign on the drug addict Olympians (I was seriously elated when I saw Euyale crash the... Poseidon party and wondered WHY she never ensured he was forevermore, permanently a EUNIC!)...no ALL of the gods I think, and THAT is something I want to SEE< I want to FEEL that justification of seeing Stheno (of course by extension US the readers) ripping their violation extremities and having them literally fed to them for the enjoyment of all!

I want to see Poseidon be the very end part of a God-centipede, directly attached to the next liked antagonist, Zeus!

The path you are taking us on clearly will have you showing mighty good details on the path of revenge, which ALL happened centuries....no EONS before Warlord.
You REALLY gave one of my more hated villains an EASY road, where I myself would have taken a much longer enjoyable path of slow dismemberment, starting with thin bamboo shoots under each of her fingers and toenails, with occasional iodine, hydrogen peroxide, and salt applied to each one regularly...for sterile cleaning reasons of course, keeping that cun...individual alive the entire way just BEGGING me to end it...when of course I would quietly reply..."No".

YOU did this, by creating likable AND hatable characters to side with and loathe respectively...THREE of which should have gone to Amazon-land when they TALKED about it...yes you made very likable AND hated characters throughout the trilogy(?) within this narrative.

OH and you never DID tell us what happened to the Siren who was charged with looking after Andromeda...for her BETRAYAL, sending the assassin to complete his task with NO WARNING for the girls OR their mother, which must have driven The Queen batshit-insane with grief and anger!
She laid a TOWN to waste for what a couple of gods did to her daughter...what would she be capable of when she found out what happened next when she SAW a familiar face on a shield??

Lastly, Warlord is listed in the same format as these 2 previous installments are, meaning its almost complete when there is a WHOLE new world to go through on that story, they haven't even seen every single soldier that is responsible for my first heartbreak in this trilogy...and we can't really count the messenger.

Now THIS was a VERY long final reply!
I have very special plans for the siren, Poseidon and Perseus. Their justice will have to wait until after Warlord towards the end of the year or 2024. Also, it won't be Stheno who gets them. It'll be a character introduced at the very end of Euryale's Gambit.

As for Ceto (the mommy):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
For those here, Athena's Revenge (the sequel to Tragedy and Euryale's Gambit) steam page just went live. Early Access Release is set for Halloween 2023. Please wishlist:

There's a bunch of screenshots and a trailer up there for your teasing pleasure. Cheers!

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes