Others [Translation Request] 7th RAIZIN

Sep 29, 2017
Might be easier for people to get into if we could either create ready to play versions of the game already translated (or get people into picking up the translation again) if we setup a master post / spreadsheet making it easier to get the game and play the version of it you want. I found it to be a pain in the ass to comb through a ton of dead hongfire pages trying to find the version I wanted and gave up when I found MZ Mod I think it was.

I got together the best set of "ready to play" english versions (Not using hooks) that I could. The torrent magnet I posted is the most feature-full and stable of any. Just a single translation I stripped out and fixed from a broken version I downloaded from 8chan. It has worked very well for me, has a good assortment of mods,characters, and etc. The maps it has are solid, and it is the one I'd recommend if you're not gonna make an updated pack.

The posts from devonaire are essential to get figured out for latest version and re-translate a bunch of mods that have already been translated to some extent before.

As far as writing up a guide on keeping it up to date -- for the love of god someone figure out what happened with all these fucked up translation efforts that never finished. From my understanding a lot of people don't like the Chinese modpack because the Chinese version forces down the throat a bunch of gangbang and ntr content that can't be disabled. (I am one of the people who didn't even take a look because of these issues I read about).

Cool game, basic engine, but horribly executed translation efforts and the bits of unification people have done to get together all the info has not been complete unfortunately.

If there was a way to make it understandable what is going on with translation efforts currently, latest version, maintaining translations, mod compatabilities and dependencies, I'd probably try more.

I just kinda dumped everything I got together from hours spent on hongfire archives, and got the best version I could find, while dumping a lot of useful info to know like --- how to play the game and what some of the game mechanics are.

devonaire

Sep 23, 2017
As far as writing up a guide on keeping it up to date -- for the love of god someone figure out what happened with all these fucked up translation efforts that never finished. From my understanding a lot of people don't like the Chinese modpack because the Chinese version forces down the throat a bunch of gangbang and ntr content that can't be disabled. (I am one of the people who didn't even take a look because of these issues I read about).

I just kinda dumped everything I got together from hours spent on hongfire archives, and got the best version I could find, while dumping a lot of useful info to know like --- how to play the game and what some of the game mechanics are.
I don't know about any history/chronology regarding the translations, since i only got the game and played it 1-2 months ago. Maybe related to hongfire got taken down and members lost contact with each others. Maybe some content/region restriction from their country/ISP(I can't open this site if i'm not using some specific method). Maybe some got bored and moved on to other projects or moved on to their life or maybe their PC/HDD broken. Or to make it worst, they moved on to the other world(yeah, i've lost some friends in some forums/online games fighting diseases, by natural disasters, traffic accidents, etc).

Regarding the quality of the translations, before MTL invented, all translations depends on the translator level of the language they translate. I'm sure not all translators are on the same level. Especially if the content have strong religion/culture/history base, not your typical daily usage or to make it worst, full of slangs/gags/gimmick (try ask a translator who have translated a chinese novel with a classic/historical/xianxia theme/era, or a Japanese translator how to define the suffix "-nano, -desu, -degowasu, -nanoda, -dattebayo" in anime/novel). An example in the RAI7PUK is the "Sex" command which in the game shows as "オルド". when I played for the first time was like "wtf is this menu means?Not exist in my brain/dictionary" or in the Fleet menu what those number means(good thing that i have played a lot of war games so I know what it means)

I myself have played the Chinese/Japanese games since the beginning of SNES console. On that time the internet is not available yet(at least in my country), no MTL/Translating software too, and i'm not taking classes in the related language. So I learned myself, translating only with a dictionary. The pain was real, like i need 10-30 minutes to translate a phrase(try looking for a specific kanji letter in a dictionary without the pronounciation).

If there was a way to make it understandable what is going on with translation efforts currently, latest version, maintaining translations, mod compatabilities and dependencies, I'd probably try more.
For the gangbang/ntr and other category mods that can't be disabled, maybe because the modders didn't know how to disabled it or just ignored it. As i've learned some of the game mechanics and logics(no, i haven't read the .hsp source code), there are variables/flags for tagging "events" in the game such as if you are a ronin, an officer, you're still single, etc. So the modders just ignored the NTR Flag or didn't use the NTR flag properly(usually modders mention the NTR content in the "readme" file)

When playing the game, the games are segmented into phases
- Player phase(where you using the game menu/interfaces)
- AI Phase
- Battle Phase
- Event phase

The Event Phase got segmented more, like they run the p[xxx] files, then e[xxx] files, then the p[xxx] files, then the u[xxx] files. Don't know which run first, but the game does validate for certain flags/triggers/conditions.

Now regarding the files in the "eve" folder(IMHO/CMIIW, all game contents/gameplays are here)
- e[xxx] : usually event based, like when Aslan died(Earth King), the faction run to their home planet and throne themself
- p[xxx] : gameplay based, such as pregnancies, invasion news, officers go MIA/captured, etc.
- u[xxx] : booked for mods
- x[xxxx]: *cough* sex *cough* related
- si[xxx]: scenario settings, used the csv files for setting the layout and who is kings, officers, ronins, relations, tech levels, etc
- sn[xxx]: scenario introductions

I can try with the mod compabilities, still playing it currently. But maybe i'll limited it only to the Original, not the full-overhaul-modded one(like MZ Mod / SSTM / others), since it's messed a lot of in-game-mechanics and other variables, or more like because is "not lore friendly" :p. Maybe gonna create table of it, like mod titles, category, what does it do, in-game-variables/flags, dependencies, incompabilities, bugs(yeah some are still there, you know there are 2 pics when there is a conversation, but those pics are mine, so i'm talking to myself in a certain event mod, imagine if you accidentally install a gay mod :eek: )

While troubleshooting the game for mods compability in the Original and MZMod, one of the main problem is the mods files. Like i said, the SSTM Mod were in Chinese encoding and only shown as mojibake(random ASCII characters) at least for me now. If you haven't installed the Eastern Language Pack or some Japanese Fonts, you will also have the same problem opening the Original files since they all are in Japanese Encoding(SHIFT-JIS if i'm not mistaken).

For maintaning versions, maybe setup a repository first for better management?Like github maybe or others?That way if somehow a better latest version shows up(whether it owned by people or just happens to stumble upon it), you can pool it/versioned and maybe compare it which it the latest or merge it if both versions are latest in their own rights.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019
Any chance someone would post a mega link of the best english translation we currently have? Instead of just the magnet? I'm having no luck with the magnet download (extremely low download speed despite my good internet making the download time weeks long) and would love to have a chance to try this.

Sep 29, 2017
Hey Frongo if no one else gets back to ya ping me next weekend and I'll see what I can do. I've got them on my server, but I moved and I have not had time to get my server room set up due to being out of town and work emergencies. If no one has a copy to upload I'll get my server plugged in over the weekend to copy it down and get you a link.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Any chance someone would post a mega link of the best english translation we currently have? Instead of just the magnet? I'm having no luck with the magnet download (extremely low download speed despite my good internet making the download time weeks long) and would love to have a chance to try this.
Here matey

Proactive

Apr 7, 2017
Okay, so I've been taking a crack at machine translating some of the events and it seems to be going well so far and they work in game (slow going though). Only issue I've came across is that commas are used to surround speech in the events so sentence structure can get a bit weird as I have to delete them when they show up mid sentence from the machine translation. Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if this weird ass scripting language uses anything to replace the comma for mid sentence use?

Last edited:
Reactions: Arklex and gatto

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Okay, so I've been taking a crack at machine translating some of the events and it seems to be going well so far and they work in game (slow going though). Only issue I've came across is that commas are used to surround speech in the events so sentence structure can get a bit weird as I have to delete them when they show up mid sentence from the machine translation. Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if this weird ass scripting language uses anything to replace the comma for mid sentence use?
Oh, boy. It's been a long time since I tried translating anything in this. I remember the scripting language being super temperamental because it's a language that exists only for a super specific Japanese-made game development program.

So, it uses English letters in weird ways that make it really fucking hard to translate to English. There's the comma thing, but also the part where it uses "c" for linebreaks. So, you have to actively avoid using words with a c in them.

I remember I had a copy of the program the game was developed in. It's open source freeware, just that it's from the fucking 90's. I found out you can freely pack and unpack the game files with it. The UI's just in Japanese and I had a lot of difficulty getting it to work. I was using it to trim down and rebalance the modded version because there were way too damn many characters and a couple nations were ridiculously broken.

I remember it's name was something-something Soup. Not S.O.U.P as in Software of Unknown Pedigree. I mean, it literally had "Soup" in the name. Let me see if it's still on my computer somewhere.

EDIT: Ah! It came to me as I was searching for it. "Hot Soup Processor" or HSP is the name of the program. Can't seem to find my copy on my computer, but here's a link to the .

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017
How do you do ground invasions? I have a fleet with ground troops in it but I can't move them to an enemies planet.

Last edited:

Proactive

Apr 7, 2017
Hi all, long time no see. I recently started a new job so I put this translation effort on the backburner. I've recently started back up again and its just as much of a bitch as I remember. I've attached my currently translated events to show the progress made so far, drop them in the eve folder to take a look as they all work in game. For the first few events I used Google translate which was crap but I swapped to using DeepL for translation after this and it has vastly improved, if people find some events that are horribly translated that would be why (please let me know which event it is as I cant remember for the life of me which ones they are). If anyone with the ability to copy and paste wants to help the effort feel free to drop me a message and look at the events in the attached zip.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018
so.....is the game playable? since im seeing a lot of links but im too dumb to understand whats going on is the game getting some sort of translation? is there a "playable" version?

Proactive

Apr 7, 2017
so.....is the game playable? since im seeing a lot of links but im too dumb to understand whats going on is the game getting some sort of translation? is there a "playable" version?

The UI is mostly translated as well as some of the events. The file I attached in the message just before your question contains another 130 ish translated events but a large majority of the events remain untranslated at the moment. The game is playable with a text hooker + translation software but this is a bit of an involved process so I would recommend looking up a guide if you are really interested (Visual Novel OCR is one I know off the top of my head). I might eventually translate the events but its slow going as I have to do each event file manually.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarianTheSharkFace

Dark51

Jun 5, 2019
Any PUK best translation version, or just latest version, someone post its link please

Dark51

Jun 5, 2019
oh yeah about cheat .... .... engine......... At least i just know how to use it but anyone know how to freeze it action point so you can do quest and or go breed your harem everytime every turn ,i just need the "addresses" for cheat engine, puk if possible...thanks

AngryRussian

Mar 5, 2018
oh yeah about cheat .... .... engine......... At least i just know how to use it but anyone know how to freeze it action point so you can do quest and or go breed your harem everytime every turn ,i just need the "addresses" for cheat engine, puk if possible...thanks
Have you find how to freeze it?
Mb there is some mod for it if anybody knows it?

AngryRussian

Mar 5, 2018
If you're playing as an officer its easy to find coz its stucks more then 1. For leader its true/false action I think and I have troubles finding it.
Btw does anybody knows some cheat-mods, mostly on science front? I myself cant find any of them.