Others [Translation Request] 7th RAIZIN

Hypocryte72

May 25, 2018
Hate to ask this but how do I make this work? I have 0 experience with this game.
About the UI translation?
Extract the files from rai7.7z (need 7zip or winrar)
Then you just copy the files to the game directory(overwrite when asked) and use the 'hsptmp.exe' to run the game. ;)

Last edited:

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Here's a UI translation for v3.33, based off the existing UI translation.
Made it myself during the lockdowns lol.
This is just for the unmodded version of v3.33.
If you have an item mod or ship mod, you might need to change some values or use only the exe.

Edit: Fixed some things
Dude, I started to translate events with DeepL
Any recommendations?
What is "cr"? Credits? Like this one:
zin_reg_msg,ツウガイか・・・crアヤツも頭の痛いところよ,0

I skip translating variable-like entries like:
zin_reg_event,ホウネンの王宮,pid1,pid2,,gzin33
I translate all zin_reg_qnar, zin_reg_msg, zin_reg_title

EDIT:
"cr" means line break, we can't use words like "crush",
We can't use "," because it ends the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypocryte72

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Hi all, long time no see. I recently started a new job so I put this translation effort on the backburner. I've recently started back up again and its just as much of a bitch as I remember. I've attached my currently translated events to show the progress made so far, drop them in the eve folder to take a look as they all work in game. For the first few events I used Google translate which was crap but I swapped to using DeepL for translation after this and it has vastly improved, if people find some events that are horribly translated that would be why (please let me know which event it is as I cant remember for the life of me which ones they are). If anyone with the ability to copy and paste wants to help the effort feel free to drop me a message and look at the events in the attached zip.
Are those events 3.33 compatible?

I think not, game crashed with them.

Hypocryte72

May 25, 2018
Any recommendations?

EDIT:
If you want to use comma, you can use the japanese version "、"
This is one of the reasons I use or left the jap symbols like question marks, exclamation marks & period/full stop, to avoid problems.
And yeah, you can't use any words with "cr" in it.
There is another line break code "\n" don't know if this is only used on the game exe dialogues & screen popups.

Last edited:

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
If you want to use comma, you can use the japanese version "、"
This is one of the reasons I use or left the jap symbols like question marks, exclamation marks & period/full stop, to avoid problems.
And yeah, you can't use any words with "cr" in it.
There is another line break code "\n" don't know if this is only used on the game exe dialogues & screen popups.
Dude, maybe you know how to enable extended debug in 3.33 as it was in Hongfire modded version? ACT, ITEM debug buttons and multiple pregnancies option.
Especially an option to act again.

Darksoullo

Jul 28, 2017
Any recommendations?

EDIT:
You can change the code that specifies the line break, just search for "cr", you can use anything as the line break, for example a greek letter such as "Ω" so it's unique and makes it more obvious

darkace51

May 31, 2018
Hey anyone know if it's safe to translate the text in the csv files or do I have to edit things in other files too after I change them? Some of it is already translated but other things like character names are not yet for me. Also anyone know if anything breaks down when using Textractor to hook text from the game? Been using it since my go to program agth can no can hook currently to rai7 anymore. The version I'm currently using is the 3.33 posted by Hypocryte72 along with their UI translation exe.

Dude, maybe you know how to enable extended debug in 3.33 as it was in Hongfire modded version? ACT, ITEM debug buttons and multiple pregnancies option.
Especially an option to act again.
Isn't it activated in the ana.txt file? I think it's either the 解析モード or 勅命デバッグモード that has to switched from off to on. I could be wrong though.

devonaire

Sep 23, 2017
Hey anyone know if it's safe to translate the text in the csv files or do I have to edit things in other files too after I change them? Some of it is already translated but other things like character names are not yet for me. Also anyone know if anything breaks down when using Textractor to hook text from the game? Been using it since my go to program agth can no can hook currently to rai7 anymore. The version I'm currently using is the 3.33 posted by Hypocryte72 along with their UI translation exe.

Isn't it activated in the ana.txt file? I think it's either the 解析モード or 勅命デバッグモード that has to switched from off to on. I could be wrong though.
I have set those 解析モード or 勅命デバッグモード on, don't see any differences

for the csv files, i think it's safe as long you only edit the "name" , don't touch the numbers, you'll break some links, starting ranks, NPC status, relations, etc

for a safe editing, use the csveditor from the hongfire torrent ( if you have it )

And if i'm not mistaken, using the csveditor, you can add more custom character to the game, as long as the related characters have a face image which you will save it in the "fac" folder and enabled the "img" folder for the H-event-related images and map the image file name to the character in the csv files ( if you don't want the hussle re-editing the .dpm files for the image archives )

BM1

Dec 27, 2016
Not to bump a dying thread, but I'm working currently on an English translation of the base game and it's Power Up Kit. I'm more of a vanilla dude myself when it comes to Rai7, and while there used to be a very handy-dandy pack of all the modding tools, translated events, guides, and a relatively functional machine-translated version of the game itself; that's long gone from my understanding- unless someone still has that laying around.
This isn't going to be a particularly soon kind of thing, but I'll drop updates on progress as I come along. Been a fan of the game for about ten years now, and damnit I'd finally like to be able to see it in a presentable state in English.

On a side note, the creator is currently working on a direct follow-up. It's release date is TBA and no time soon, but he's been making steady progress over the last year or so. You can check it out on his blog, through the main website of MaySoft.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Not to bump a dying thread, but I'm working currently on an English translation of the base game and it's Power Up Kit. I'm more of a vanilla dude myself when it comes to Rai7, and while there used to be a very handy-dandy pack of all the modding tools, translated events, guides, and a relatively functional machine-translated version of the game itself; that's long gone from my understanding- unless someone still has that laying around.
This isn't going to be a particularly soon kind of thing, but I'll drop updates on progress as I come along. Been a fan of the game for about ten years now, and damnit I'd finally like to be able to see it in a presentable state in English.

On a side note, the creator is currently working on a direct follow-up. It's release date is TBA and no time soon, but he's been making steady progress over the last year or so. You can check it out on his blog, through the main website of MaySoft.
Good luck man, it's a pretty big undertaking. A lot of people had issues translating it long ago. I have the unmodded/lightly modded version of the game and getting only that translated is such a pain in the ass. I still have the alpha 2 version of the old translation and the super modded "updated" version of the game. Still, I spent many hours in the game so it was all worth it.

I don't think we'll be seeing that sequel any time soon.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016

Do you base on partial translation from Hong Fire?

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018

I still have my copies of both base +PUK and updates, and the megamod version. Don't have all the community modded events, though.

I'll look into uploading what I do have to my MEGA. Once I find out where the fuck I put them on my 3 drives.

bifijasy

Nov 8, 2017
Damn didn't' know there were so many people with good taste in games here. Luckily I saved 2 different versions I had of Rai7, mods attached are from the Moe war pack, let me know if you need the eve files too.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Well, seems I remembered wrong. Could've sworn I kept backups, but they might have been lost in the data move.

Only copy I have is of the MegaMod I had opened up and was going to make personal edits to. Is that still fine?

Sep 29, 2017
Not to bump a dying thread,
I'm jaded -- the thread is dead because the state of translation efforts is a shitshow, and the current fan development is NTR filled chinese stuff from what I understand.
but I'm working currently on an English translation of the base game and it's Power Up Kit.
Well hopefully you don't mind being mostly solo, interest in this game seems really low, generally.
I'm more of a vanilla dude myself when it comes to Rai7, and while there used to be a very handy-dandy pack of all the modding tools, translated events, guides, and a relatively functional machine-translated version of the game itself; that's long gone from my understanding- unless someone still has that laying around.
I have all my backups still, check through the thread first and let me know what is dead and what you would like. I think I am the person who had the last 'full' working copies of the previous 2 translation attempts that were abandoned.

Best of luck,once you know what you want I can reup next week somewhere my old backups/resources.

I still have my copies of both base +PUK and updates, and the megamod version. Don't have all the community modded events, though.

I'll look into uploading what I do have to my MEGA. Once I find out where the fuck I put them on my 3 drives.
Well, seems I remembered wrong. Could've sworn I kept backups, but they might have been lost in the data move.

Only copy I have is of the MegaMod I had opened up and was going to make personal edits to. Is that still fine?
Were those the ones we posted earlier in this thread? If so that is also the latest working copy I got, and I can reupload them next week.

The version I have also includes my translation notes, and general digging information from going through archives of hongfire thread. it took hours, but got what I could I am fairly sure it was in one of my original posts on this thread where I included that notes file on translations/the game/setup

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Were those the ones we posted earlier in this thread? If so that is also the latest working copy I got, and I can reupload them next week.

The version I have also includes my translation notes, and general digging information from going through archives of hongfire thread. it took hours, but got what I could I am fairly sure it was in one of my original posts on this thread where I included that notes file on translations/the game/setup
Nah, I've had this copy since before HongFire exploded. If you've gote the originals, though, I'll hold off on uploading. It's been so long since my personal edits that I can't remember what edits I made or if I broke anything.

I believe I was trying to pare down the MegaMod because it had too many characters I either didn't recognize or didn't care for. Some of the factions in it were also just ridiculously over-tuned for no reason. So, I wanted to balance it better. And the game simply wasn't made to have a playthrough go on for so long. Even despite the feature to switch to have one of your children be the player character.