Others [Translation Request] 8th RAIZIN RJ0100408 [May]

Prototype909

Jul 2, 2018
raizin.png

Title: 8th RAIZIN (Eight Star Emperor)
Developer: May
Genre: Male Protagonist, Rape, Cheating, Harem, Childbirth, Netori, Impregnation, Pregnancy,
Store:
Language: Japanese
Samples:
raizin1.png raizin2.png raizin3.png raizin4.png raizin5.png raizin6.png

Description: An interstellar space civilization simulation game where your goal is to achieve total conquest over the neighboring planets and star systems with the help of your allies (Or go it alone), seeding all of the beautiful women you recruit or capture along the way. Much like Crusader Kings or Sengoku Rance's FFA mode you're free to pick from a variety of different rulers for a different starting experience, and as there's no set narrative you have a high degree of freedom in terms of how you decide to advance through the game.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:

Josba

Mar 30, 2019
Had a quick look at this... For the most part, appears similar in format to RAI7. There are events in separate text files that appear to use same/similar formatting (which means will have the same problems, commas will need a replacement character and certain ascii letter combinations are used as formatting tags).

Where the problem arises is that it appears the game is written in the new v3.7 of HSP (Hot Soup Processor) from OnionSoft, released just a couple months ago. Prominent in its release notice is mention of a new archive format DPM2 (versus DPMX use in RAI7). This new format will need decoding and they mention a new encryption format as well, which will need cracking.

Lacking the above prevents any modification of the UI. As well, going from the similarity to RAI7, there's likely a lot of text hardcoded in the game script (all the common gameplay text, i.e., the stuff you really need to play the game) which is stored in the exe in the same DPM2 format. As well, the game script will need decompiling to be useful and the most recent HSP decompiler I could find is over 4 years old and likely abandoned. And the new language version will likely require an updated decompiler.

TLDR: Don't get your hopes up. The best you could hope for in the short term is getting the events translated. The UI and gameplay text will require effort from some folks with very specialized skills.

jarmenkell

Apr 7, 2018
The game is missing alot of what made the previous game interesting, can't play as subordinate or pirate, but overlord game play is ALOT better.

If anyone is interested in playing this game, I highly recommend reading the FAQ from MAY's blog, its in Japanese so you need to google translate, important mechanic like exploration isn't explained well in game.

• Angry
Reactions: Necronlord5

daru

Oct 5, 2017
The game is missing alot of what made the previous game interesting, can't play as subordinate or pirate, but overlord game play is ALOT better.

If anyone is interested in playing this game, I highly recommend reading the FAQ from MAY's blog, its in Japanese so you need to google translate, important mechanic like exploration isn't explained well in game.
Those weren't in vanilla, but modded in later.
Can't we just ask May help for translation and modding?

jarmenkell

Apr 7, 2018
He does have a blog, and also a forum for bug reports, I remember trying to post something on his blog a long time ago, but for some reason I couldn't, if you speak Japanese you can give it a go, he seems pretty active on the bug report forum.

Incidentally if someone does decide to contact him, ask him how we can interact with the planetary system ruled by the bald purple clothed guy, I see events pop up for him, I can't attack his planets, and even if my exploration fleet defeat his fleet, no target marker gets dropped, I am out of ideas.

Baserios

Dec 12, 2018
This game is very difficult to play without knowing Japanese. I can only hope that one day, there will be a good UI translation. I don't care too much about story and events but not knowing which button does what, and how the game flow work is kinda tough. Despite me translating each screenshot, still very confusing. For now... I can either keep brute forcing through the game and hope I understand eventually or just wait and hope, patiently.

Omae wa shinda

May 25, 2020
Now the game and save system show some error. Damn. Internal Error #12 crap.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020
how we can interact with the planetary system ruled by the bald purple clothed guy, I see events pop up for him, I can't attack his planets, and even if my exploration fleet defeat his fleet, no target marker gets dropped, I am out of ideas.
https://www.doureview.com/blog-entry-489.html#sec3 said:
Q.ホスエンに侵攻できない
SC90以降で宇宙統一した際に発生する特殊な選択肢を選ばない限り
ホスエンに侵攻する事はできない仕様となっています。
looks like it's possible after SC90

Now the game and save system show some error. Damn. Internal Error #12 crap.
https://www.maygame.net/blogwp/index.php/page-297/ said:
プレー中に #Error12 内部エラーが発生する
必要なファイルが見つからないというエラーになります。
ご利用中のセキュリティソフトが影響している場合があります。
ファイルがブロックされる、削除される、起動できない などの症状が発生する場合があります。
この場合は、一時的にセキュリティソフトを停止して、本体zipファイルの解凍および起動を確認してみてください。
ゲームを起動するフォルダが影響している場合があります。
デスクトップに解凍してゲームを起動している場合など、フォルダのパスに日本語が含まれる場合はエラーが発生する可能性があります。
その場合は、Cドライブ直下など、日本語を含まないフォルダに解凍して起動してみてください。
解凍したフォルダ名が「八星帝」となっている場合は、フォルダ名も半角英数字(rai8など)適当な名前に変更してください。
think that error means you're missing files. did you download and install the recent patch? I'll attach it incase you didn't
and if that doesn't fix it... I dunno what to tell you dood(another update came out as I was typing this so I'll add that one too)

This game is very difficult to play without knowing Japanese. I can only hope that one day, there will be a good UI translation. I don't care too much about story and events but not knowing which button does what, and how the game flow work is kinda tough. Despite me translating each screenshot, still very confusing. For now... I can either keep brute forcing through the game and hope I understand eventually or just wait and hope, patiently.
raizin was always a fairly complex game. I would probably recommend waiting until an eng ui/quick guide gets released so you have a good idea of what you're doing in the game(or don't, you do you)

Baserios

Dec 12, 2018
raizin was always a fairly complex game. I would probably recommend waiting until an eng ui/quick guide gets released so you have a good idea of what you're doing in the game(or don't, you do you)
I bought the game from dlsite so it just gonna feel a little sad not keep trying to play...

Omae wa shinda

May 25, 2020
think that error means you're missing files. did you download and install the recent patch? I'll attach it incase you didn't
and if that doesn't fix it... I dunno what to tell you dood(another update came out as I was typing this so I'll add that one too)
Nice file but doesn't fix them even i replace them. Did the mega version miss something?
Weirdly, i could run demo instead with no problem.
Screenshot 2024-02-15 142718.png

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020
Nice file but doesn't fix them even i replace them. Did the mega version miss something?
Weirdly, i could run demo instead with no problem.
ok, yeah, I just downloaded the mega link and I see the same problem you have. I guess something got messed up when they uploaded it? , this one seems to work
also I believe the patches are all-in-one too so you only really need to install the latest one.

it seems like the dev included simultaneous pregnancies(I think normally only one npc can be pregnant at a time) in the last update
for those interested, go to ana.txt in the game folder after updating
Code:
複数同時妊娠:off
//出産月数 3-12
出産月数:12
and change 複数同時妊娠 from off to on
assuming this is the same as raizin7, there's probably a hard limit for the amount of units that can be born so be aware of that

I bought the game from dlsite so it just gonna feel a little sad not keep trying to play...
yeah, I get it. umm... I might be busy today but I can try to translate a few menus as an image later or tomorrow so you can have like a cheat sheet
also keep in mind that I haven't properly played 7 in years and I've barely touched 8 so I prob won't be able to properly explain certain game mechanics

Stubber

Dec 30, 2019
Hm; I think before wait for translation we need wait for the end of updating... :).
7st is a great game, with cuckolding in fact.

Omae wa shinda

May 25, 2020
ok, yeah, I just downloaded the mega link and I see the same problem you have. I guess something got messed up when they uploaded it? , this one seems to work
also I believe the patches are all-in-one too so you only really need to install the latest one.
have a nice day, you somehow make my day better.

P.S : the save system still suffer internal error (12) but we can proceed with the game without problem.
so it either the save system got some bugs or error coding or some EVENT.txt is interfering with the save system.
Welp time to play the game without save and load. Truly Ironman mode.

Last edited:

Firty

Nov 11, 2020
Those weren't in vanilla, but modded in later.
I see the game got so modded people can't even tell what was in the original game lol, playing as a pirate was in the original game, just added in the expansion (PUK)

Jan 8, 2020
P.S : the save system still suffer internal error (12) but we can proceed with the game without problem.
so it either the save system got some bugs or error coding or some EVENT.txt is interfering with the save system.
Welp time to play the game without save and load. Truly Ironman mode.
what the hell? I tested the saving/loading and it worked fine for me... hmm
going back to the FAQ the dev posted, I can only think of two more ideas...
either you have an anti-virus program that is deleting/putting files into quarantine or you need to make sure the game folder path does not have Japanese characters(like, change it from 八星帝 to raizin8 or whatever)
if messing with either one of these doesn't fix it... I'm really out of ideas at this point, hope you get it working

Omae wa shinda

May 25, 2020
what the hell? I tested the saving/loading and it worked fine for me... hmm
going back to the FAQ the dev posted, I can only think of two more ideas...
either you have an anti-virus program that is deleting/putting files into quarantine or you need to make sure the game folder path does not have Japanese characters(like, change it from 八星帝 to raizin8 or whatever)
if messing with either one of these doesn't fix it... I'm really out of ideas at this point, hope you get it working
yep thanks you, the anti-virus program doing his protection and blocked my save file.
Now i can play the game without problem.

Reactions: TerracottaPizza

Prototype909

Jul 2, 2018
Has anyone determined if there's a way to acquire skills on commanders other than the ones they inherently come with? For instance, training your special agents to be able to do royal abductions