Others Complete [Translation Request][Alicesoft] Dohna Dohna Isshou ni Warui Koto wo Shiyou

May 26, 2018
Upon further investigation, it would seem my version of Translator++ is unable to even open this game, though I expected as much. this is going to be far more complicated than I expected without knowing what game engine was used to make this.

AceCyclone

Nov 10, 2017
Nunuhara a user on github has been upkeeping a tool called alice tools that can be used to extract and edit the text for ain files that the game uses. Garbro can be used to extract the CGs and sound effects too.

KitaiS

Oct 12, 2017
Nunuhara a user on github has been upkeeping a tool called alice tools that can be used to extract and edit the text for ain files that the game uses. Garbro can be used to extract the CGs and sound effects too.
can that tool be used to machine translate other alicesoft game like rance?

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020
did even more digging, appears to be made using System4, which is going to be a pain....
Well I used alice tools then extracted the text copy the text to spreadsheet opened that whit translater++ translated it copied the text to notepad fixed the bugs and then I found out that i was missing around 30-40% of the lines so i started to fix that by doing it manually and then gave up ;D

If you need the translated txt files feel free to ask i dont mind uploading it

AceCyclone

Nov 10, 2017
can that tool be used to machine translate other alicesoft game like rance?
In the description for the tool they say it was made for editing file formats used by alice soft, so it might work for their other games. As for a MTL the text output goes to a txt file to edit so as long as you don't mess with anything you shouldn't then it should be fine.

May 26, 2018
actually found alice tools almost immediately after sending my last message here. I have the txt file, now I just need to figure out how I want to go about translating it.

dgcool

Oct 24, 2019
Perhaps you could machine translate the bulk and then a kind soul with Japanese and/or English proficiency could skim it over to fix anything egregious? No idea what to do about the 30-40% of missing lines though mentioned above.

Reactions: James Eveleth

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
I really hope that this will be an edited MTL as well. I really don't want to see this game bogged down with a pure MTL when it looks so interesting.

dgcool

Oct 24, 2019
By the way, DeepL recently added Japanese translation and it is way more readable than Google. May want to consider that as an option.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
I'd be willing to do just a partial patch. I know enough Japanese that I can translate basic UI text myself fine. Its just the actual script I don't think I should touch. That and I know nothing about the image-editing and coding/packing/unpacking of an ain game.

I'm fine with it included with MTL of the real script, but I'd prefer there also be a version that's just the partial without the MTL.