Others Complete [Translation Request] [Atelier Sakura] Please Bang My Wife 2 Sequel

Kuroyama77

Apr 7, 2019
have anyone unlocked all the CG? there are still 3 blank boxes on mine
can anyone tell me how to get em?

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I've been thinking about translating this, even though my Japanese is quite primitive... but I have no idea how to translate a game. Where is the text? How does one replace it with a translation? Is there a guide on how to translate VNs somewhere in the internet that someone could direct me to?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I've been thinking about translating this, even though my Japanese is quite primitive... but I have no idea how to translate a game. Where is the text? How does one replace it with a translation? Is there a guide on how to translate VNs somewhere in the internet that someone could direct me to?
I've uploaded unpacked (but still playable/working version) from .xp3 (but with compressed images and converted voice to ogg so it's now have much smaller size) game so u just need to open data\scenario\*.ks files in Notepad++ and translate japaneese text to english. So u must translate text between [cn name*] and [en] (I've translated with google 2nd and 3rd sentence in 00_01.ks as example). Don't bother about game menu and options - I think it's possible to take interface translation from some other Kirikiri engine game (I can try to do this if u translate scenario text). Also u can open all files in Notepad++ and do mass rename character names in all opened files so u don't need to write it manually every time but this is up to you...

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
u just need to open data\scenario\*.ks files in Notepad++ and translate japanese text to english. So u must translate text between [cn name*] and [en] (I've translated with google 2nd and 3rd sentence in 00_01.ks as example). Don't bother about game menu and options - I think it's possible to take interface translation from some other Kirikiri engine game (I can try to do this if u translate scenario text). Also u can open all files in Notepad++ and do mass rename character names in all opened files so u don't need to write it manually every time but this is up to you...
I'll have a look and see how big of a task it is... Is TextPad OK for this instead of Notepad++? I kinda prefer it. (Is the Japanese Unicode, by the way?)

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
OK, I've finished the first (shortest) .ks file. Judging by the sizes and the other things I have to do, I think I can finish translating in about a month, maybe 5 weeks. I'll report back then.

I note there is some extra text at the beginning; if I understand it correctly, it is asking the player what name s/he wants to give to the wife, the husband, and the wife's lover. This text is not in the scenario files. Where is it?

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Is TextPad OK for this instead of Notepad++? I kinda prefer it. (Is the Japanese Unicode, by the way?)
Yes, If your editor would maintain UCS-2 LE BOM file encoding then it should be OK.
I note there is some extra text at the beginning; if I understand it correctly, it is asking the player what name s/he wants to give to the wife, the husband, and the wife's lover. This text is not in the scenario files. Where is it?
Yes, it's located in data\src\InputName_Z.ks but I advice not to touch it yet since there are some check for names lenght and in English names would be much longer then limit.
When I've tryed to do MTL I stripped this file almost to zero -> removed names input (I dunno why they even implemented this) and any check and just left some piece of code to move straight to game start (00_00.ks file) without any imput so there just be default name should be used.
Code:
; 名前入力:主人公
[eval exp="kag.historyLayer.clear()"]

;//設定:時間差設定
[timeset set="HIRU"]

[jump storage="00_00.ks" target="*00_00"]
[s]

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Yes, If your editor would maintain UCS-2 LE BOM file encoding then it should be OK.
It does, so we're good.

When I've tryed to do MTL I stripped this file almost to zero -> removed names input (I dunno why they even implemented this) and any check and just left some piece of code to move straight to game start (00_00.ks file) without any imput so there just be default name should be used.
I imagine the reason is to let the player choose the name of his own wife or girlfriend, and the name of any real-life lover she may have or have had. It adds to the realism. (I did it in the first PBMW game, makes everything more personal.)

Since I know nothing about coding (I feel like learning, but there seems to be just so much...) I suppose the easiest solution is do as you say and only use default names.

By the way -- default names means replacing all the names in square brackets (like [真理子]) with simple words without square brackets ([真理子] -> Mariko), right? I've been keeping the original names in square brackets just in case there was some easy way to implement the name change (I assume the square brackets are necessary for the code to find the names and change them to whatever the player chooses), but if we're going to use default names then there is no reason to keep the square brackets, right?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
By the way -- default names means replacing all the names in square brackets (like [真理子]) with simple words without square brackets ([真理子] -> Mariko), right? I've been keeping the original names in square brackets just in case there was some easy way to implement the name change (I assume the square brackets are necessary for the code to find the names and change them to whatever the player chooses), but if we're going to use default names then there is no reason to keep the square brackets, right?
Yes u are right about default (if they weren't set by player at game start) names in brackets. If u think name change ability could be important I'll try to look at InputName_Z.ks file again and see what I can do. So don't delete them yet...

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Since I know nothing about coding (I feel like learning, but there seems to be just so much...) I suppose the easiest solution is do as you say and only use default names.
I think I've finally managed to solve input problem (and made MTL translation of that file also) and I've attached original 00_01.ks file since I've changed default name variable to Mariko without [] so u need to change it back (only one sentence).
I advice to delete saves (clear savedata folder) before installing my fix (src.7z).
P.S. Btw I've almost implemented game interface and menu translation.
Code:

愛する僕の妻、[真理子]が語ったそれは―――
My beloved wife, Mariko, told me that...

Last edited:
Reactions: NeZKyMaN and asehpe

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I think I've finally managed to solve input problem (and made MTL translation of that file also) and I've attached original 00_01.ks file since I've changed default name variable to Mariko without [] so u need to change it back (only one sentence).
I advice to delete saves (clear savedata folder) before installing my fix (src.7z).
P.S. Btw I've almost implemented game interface and menu translation.
Code:

愛する僕の妻、[真理子]が語ったそれは―――
My beloved wife, Mariko, told me that...
OK, I'll download the patch and the new 00_01.ks file, do the change, and add everything to my ongoing translation folder. (I've already finished 01_01.ks, and am halfway through 01_02.ks. This is actually fun! Even though my Japanese is primitive -- I barely know a couple of hundred kanji --, I'm learning more while translating. Still, it would probably be a good idea if someone who knows better Japanese than I do had a look at the translation after I'm done and corrected the worst mistakes...)

The name changing function is not "really" important, so if it turns out to be a problem we can forget about it. But it is cute. I like playing the game with my wife's name instead of Mariko's, for example, but there is no problem with using Mariko's name. I think most fans of Atelier Sakura will agree.

Reactions: NeZKyMaN

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
for translateing I suggest u to use application like u dictionary or any apps translate but it will be so lame...
u must translate by each word. But I appreciate if u want translate.

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
i'll waiting for this project. Still play in affair confession while waiting for u're translate.

Arigatouuu....

Reactions: asehpe

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
for translateing I suggest u to use application like u dictionary or any apps translate but it will be so lame...
u must translate by each word. But I appreciate if u want translate.
I'm using everything I can find online (except for VN Reader, which just won't work with me, only the gods know why). I started learning Japanese about 9 months ago, so I had a number of helpful apps and sites already. It's just a lot of text, and I have to go slowly because I have other things to do. But I think I can do it in a month, more or less.

Reactions: NeZKyMaN

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
I'm using everything I can find online (except for VN Reader, which just won't work with me, only the gods know why). I started learning Japanese about 9 months ago, so I had a number of helpful apps and sites already. It's just a lot of text, and I have to go slowly because I have other things to do. But I think I can do it in a month, more or less.
it's okay don't be in hurry. Most important is the translate its good.
im sorry if my english dont well, not my native language.

btw Gyaruma sex ateiler sakura also translate by someone who love ateiler games. So happy if there's so many people love this develop game.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I've tried using Translator++ (it has multiple translation engines but sadly no DeepL support maybe because to use its web api u need to be paid user) since it has now Kirikiri game engine support (but it's in early stage and there are some bugs after translation export) to make edited MTL but it was so slow for me coz mine knowledge in japanese = 0 and my brain just deny to understand any text without spaces :D.
1595626807915.png
P.S. I've just made interface translation but it need to be tested except main menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: asehpe and NeZKyMaN