Others Complete [Translation Request] [Atelier Sakura] Please Bang My Wife 2 Sequel

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I already tried using GARbro and KRKextract for repacking but somehow it didn't work because it said the file(.ks) can't be accessed because it has been used by another process but i can't really find out which one is using the file. i searched everywhere.

View attachment 759991
I dunno why u have this error. Try to run program as admin, move folder u want to compress somewhere else, reboot PC, this tool also...

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
1. I dunno... If u would attached both files (before s&r and after) I could compare them in some program such as Araxis Merge to see the differences. My suggestion that u shouldn't just search name only but the whole string - for example search: [cn name="ト書き"] and replace with [cn name="Narration"]. Maybe there is something wrong in macro.ks file since it stores names positions and etc but we must check 1st that u auto replacing names correctly.
2. This file in Shift-JIS encoding and I dunno if there will be any problems and why it's so but I think after proper translation it will work fine but maybe will be better (safer) to convert it in UCS2-LE BOM encoding...
1. It seems to work fine now-- thanks. If I have any other problems I'll let you know.
2. For some reason I don't have UCS2-LE BOM as an encoding option when saving with TextPad... would you mind changing the encoding of the file and reposting it here so I could place it again in the data folder? Thanks in advance.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
would you mind changing the encoding of the file and reposting it here so I could place it again in the data folder? Thanks in advance.
Ok np, here is original 01_epi.ks converted to UCS2-LE BOM in Notepad++.

Reactions: asehpe

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Ok np, here is original 01_epi.ks converted to UCS2-LE BOM in Notepad++.
Hi megalol, I tried to search and replace the [cn name=] commands. It worked fine when I replaced Mariko's lover's name, but for some reason it didn't work with "Narration" (i.e., when I searched for [cn name="ト書き"] and replaced it with [cn name="Narration"]): what happened was that the character name bubble disappeared, and the word "Narration" didn't appear. I also tried to replace it manually, but with the same result. I changed the first [cn name="ト書き"] in 00_01.ks to [cn name="Narration"], and that first text (September 23, Sashihara kitchen, 11:51 p.m.) now appears without any "Narration" or "ト書き". The second and all other Narration texts appear normally, with "ト書き" in the character name bubble. I'm attaching this file (with only one change, the first "ト書き" to "Narration") for you to look at and tell me if there is anything I did wrong; you can test it with your version of the game to see what happens.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Hi megalol, I tried to search and replace the [cn name=] commands. It worked fine when I replaced Mariko's lover's name, but for some reason it didn't work with "Narration" (i.e., when I searched for [cn name="ト書き"] and replaced it with [cn name="Narration"]): what happened was that the character name bubble disappeared, and the word "Narration" didn't appear. I also tried to replace it manually, but with the same result. I changed the first [cn name="ト書き"] in 00_01.ks to [cn name="Narration"], and that first text (September 23, Sashihara kitchen, 11:51 p.m.) now appears without any "Narration" or "ト書き". The second and all other Narration texts appear normally, with "ト書き" in the character name bubble. I'm attaching this file (with only one change, the first "ト書き" to "Narration") for you to look at and tell me if there is anything I did wrong; you can test it with your version of the game to see what happens.
Hi, I didn't tried ur file but run original (japaneese) version instead and there are also not every time name bubble of Narration shows so I think there is no problem since it seems was intended by game developers.
1596703619767.png
P.S. I think there just 2 types of narration by story teller (narrator) and by hero himself (narration) maybe? Sadly I'm not very good at English to explain better...

Last edited:

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Hi, I didn't tried ur file but run original (japaneese) version instead and there are also not every time name bubble of Narration shows so I think there is no problem since it seems was intended by game developers.
View attachment 761301
P.S. I think there just 2 types of narration by story teller (narrator) and by hero himself (narration) maybe? Sadly I'm not very good at English to explain better...
Hm! If this was intended, why do we have a bubble with "ト書き" in other Narration scenes? And it's always "ト書き", for Narrator and Narration alike...

(Narration is more viewpoint thought: it can be the hero, Yasushi, thinking -- his viewpoint -- or his cheating wife's Mariko, thinking -- her viewpoint. I didn't see any "narrator" that wasn't either Yasushi or Mariko.)

Do you happen to know which file processes the bubbles and their content? Maybe there is some condition there -- number of characters, or something specific for "ト書き" -- that happens and could be changed.

Anyway, it doesn't look so bad, I admit. Maybe I will leave it empty then.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Do you happen to know which file processes the bubbles and their content? Maybe there is some condition there -- number of characters, or something specific for "ト書き" -- that happens and could be changed.

Anyway, it doesn't look so bad, I admit. Maybe I will leave it empty then.
No, I've tried to investigate this but with no luck - I think it should be in macro.ks. Btw I've checked a few translated Atelier Sakura games and there were never showed bubble name of Narration.

Reactions: asehpe

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
No, I've tried to investigate this but with no luck - I think it should be in macro.ks. Btw I've checked a few translated Atelier Sakura games and there were never showed bubble name of Narration.
OK. Now, I noticed another strange thing: I can change Mariko's lover's name from Japanese to "Shohē Takagi," and I thought everything was fine, but now I noticed: his name does show up in the bubble, but I have to click twice to advance to the next text (clicking once gets the blinking cursor in the name bubble after "Shohē Takagi", and then clicking again gets the next sentence). Weird.

So I decided not to change the names. When I'm done with the translation (I'm about 50% done now), I'll post the scenario files here, and then maybe you can play with them and see if you can change the names without strange consequences.

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
OK. Now, I noticed another strange thing: I can change Mariko's lover's name from Japanese to "Shohē Takagi," and I thought everything was fine, but now I noticed: his name does show up in the bubble, but I have to click twice to advance to the next text (clicking once gets the blinking cursor in the name bubble after "Shohē Takagi", and then clicking again gets the next sentence). Weird.

So I decided not to change the names. When I'm done with the translation (I'm about 50% done now), I'll post the scenario files here, and then maybe you can play with them and see if you can change the names without strange consequences.
Ok np. Btw maybe it's because I've translated his name as "Shohei Takagi" in macro.cs file (if u installed my english interface translation)... Can u try to replace it with mine name and see what's happen?

Last edited:

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Ok np. Btw maybe it's because I've translated his name as "Shohei Takagi" in macro.cs file (if u installed my english interface translation)... Can u try to replace it with mine name and see what's happen?
Hm! That might be it. "Shohei" is a possible transliteration of his name; I prefer "Shohē" because it's closer to pronunciation (Japanese "sensei" is actually pronounced "sensē" with a long "ē" in most Japanese dialects), but "Shohei" is also fine. I'll check that and then I'll let you know.

EDIT: Apparently that is not the problem. I replaced Mariko's lover's name with "Shohei Takagi" and the same strange thing (first click gets blinking cursor inside name buble, second click goes to next sentence) continued happening.

Last edited:

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Just to let you guys know... I'm about 90% done with the translation, and anticipate that everything will be ready in a few more days, i.e. during next week.

symxxx

Sep 24, 2017
i think this is one of the best atalier sakura game lot of scene good cg quality pretty long

Reactions: Satiro

Mrnewb

Mar 20, 2018
i think this is one of the best atalier sakura game lot of scene good cg quality pretty long
It’s because it’s drawn by gentle sasaki same guy who has done bang my wife and marina series

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
Just to let you guys know... I'm about 90% done with the translation, and anticipate that everything will be ready in a few more days, i.e. during next week.
woahhh can't wait. Please take care yourself.......

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Well, friends, I've finished the job. I'm appending the translation as .zip files to this message. The first .zip file contains all the translated files from the /scenario folder under the /data folder in the main game folder; expand it and copy everything to /data/scenario and let the files replace the original ones. The second .zip file contains only InputName_Z.ks -- the file that handles the questions about the names of the main characters (in case the player wants to change them) -- in which I tweaked the translation a little. Expand it and place it inside the /data/src folder, where it should replace another file with the same name. After that, just start the game, and everything should work.

I would be thankful if anyone could point out mistakes, misspellings, possibly non-translated sentences, etc. so I could correct them. Note that I also took some liberties with the original, trying to adapt it to English, even sometimes adding extra context or sentences so that everything makes more sense. (If anyone has a better translation for any part, let me know. Translating is a difficult job.)

Now... there are still a couple of small problems -- maybe megalol can help? Or anybody else?

1. I couldn't replace the names of the other characters in the name bubbles (on top of the text box) -- only Mariko and her husband Yasushi have their names in the Latin alphabet, everybody else's name is in kanji. When I tried, some weird things happened (see my previous post on this, above in this thread). Maybe someone else can do the replacement here? (Other than Mariko and Yasushi, the most frequent name is Shohei Takagi, Mariko's lover. There's also Yasushi's boss Yamagichi, and, once or twice, a waiter in a restaurant and a hostess in a hot springs inn.)

2. I imagine there is no way of translating the text in the title page (because it is drawn in the CG)? If there is some way to do it, I'd like to know how.

3. I translated also the "staff room" text, with comments by the author on his work. But when I try to get there (by clicking on "Staff Room" in the Extras menu), I can't -- instead, I go to the "Staff Room" of another Atelier Sakura game, "Mayumi's Report," which I also have on my laptop. I remember megalol said he had translated most menus by copying from other Atelier Sakura games -- maybe he also copied the link to Mayumi's Staff Room by mistake? Can this be easily fixed?

4. The final scene -- when Mariko and her lover Takagi have sex in her house, and her husband Yasushi hides and watches them -- is written from two perspectives: Yasushi's (file: 01_16_h.ks) and Mariko's (file: 02_04_h.ks). The game goes automatically to Yasushi's perspective, and I couldn't find any option anywhere that would take me to Mariko's perspective -- does anyone know how to get there? Some event CGs are only found there. (In fact, the only way I could check my translation of Mariko's perspective was by "cheating" and adding a link at the end of the game -- i.e., I added the line [scene_end storage="02_04_h.ks" target="*02_04_h"] to the end of the file 09_99_2.ks, before the final line [gotostart ask="false"], so that instead of returning to the title menu, I got to Mariko's perspective after finishing the game, and then I could check my translation. But this can't be the normal path there, can it?)

Final remarks: I liked this VN: there are only happy endings (except for a bad end if you decide not to let Mariko start her affair with Takagi, but that one is pretty obvious and easy to avoid), and Mariko is just wonderful -- you can't fail to fall in love with her. I also love how she takes control of the situation: Takagi, her lover, is younger, and she treats him a little like a boy toy, paying his drinks, telling him what to do, and even taking him on a trip to a hot springs inn that she pays for. She also treats her husband as obviously less good than her lover, and says so a number of times, much to my delight. Still, she treats both men with care and attention, and clearly loves her husband. (I wished she and her husband communicated more freely -- up to the end, he's all "ohh, I can't say out loud that I love to see her with other men, I can only imply it indirectly" which I find a little irritating: why doesn't he just admit it? Mariko tells him that once or twice... she's the non-repressed one.) OK, the plot and writing is not great literature. Still, it's a quite wholesome story which left me feeling, at the end, that love is really wonderful. And the h-scenes are hot as hell. So, all in all, a great VN.

Translating it was quite fun, though I must admit a lot of it was drudgery (the sheer number of moans and screams of pleasure that one has to translate... sometimes I thought, if I see another line full of "Aaahhh! Nnnhh! Yaaahhh! Nnngg nmmuuhhh waahhh!"s, I'm going to puke!). If you guys think the result was worth it, I think I would do it again (perhaps with Marina's series), though I'd like to rest a little -- I have a lot of IRL work to take care of, plus voluntary work to help elect Biden; let's say after the election? But all in all, I found it fun. I hope you'll enjoy the result.

Last edited:

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
Well, friends, I've finished the job. I'm appending the translation as .zip files to this message. The first .zip file contains all the translated files from the /scenario folder under the /data folder in the main game folder; expand it and copy everything to /data/scenario and let the files replace the original ones. The second .zip file contains only InputName_Z.ks -- the file that handles the questions about the names of the main characters (in case the player wants to change them) -- in which I tweaked the translation a little. Expand it and place it inside the /data/src folder, where it should replace another file with the same name. After that, just start the game, and everything should work.

I would be thankful if anyone could point out mistakes, misspellings, possibly non-translated sentences, etc. so I could correct them. Note that I also took some liberties with the original, trying to adapt it to English, even sometimes adding extra context or sentences so that everything makes more sense. (If anyone has a better translation for any part, let me know. Translating is a difficult job.)

Now... there are still a couple of small problems -- maybe megalol can help? Or anybody else?

1. I couldn't replace the names of the other characters in the name bubbles (on top of the text box) -- only Mariko and her husband Yasushi have their names in the Latin alphabet, everybody else's name is in kanji. When I tried, some weird things happened (see my previous post on this, above in this thread). Maybe someone else can do the replacement here? (Other than Mariko and Yasushi, the most frequent name is Shohei Takagi, Mariko's lover. There's also Yasushi's boss Yamagichi, and, once or twice, a waiter in a restaurant and a hostess in a hot springs inn.)

2. I imagine there is no way of translating the text in the title page (because it is drawn in the CG)? If there is some way to do it, I'd like to know how.

3. I translated also the "staff room" text, with comments by the author on his work. But when I try to get there (by clicking on "Staff Room" in the Extras menu), I can't -- instead, I go to the "Staff Room" of another Atelier Sakura game, "Mayumi's Report," which I also have on my laptop. I remember megalol said he had translated most menus by copying from other Atelier Sakura games -- maybe he also copied the link to Mayumi's Staff Room by mistake? Can this be easily fixed?

4. The final scene -- when Mariko and her lover Takagi have sex in her house, and her husband Yasushi hides and watches them -- is written from two perspectives: Yasushi's (file: 01_16_h.ks) and Mariko's (file: 02_04_h.ks). The game goes automatically to Yasushi's perspective, and I couldn't find any option anywhere that would take me to Mariko's perspective -- does anyone know how to get there? Some event CGs are only found there. (In fact, the only way I could check my translation of Mariko's perspective was by "cheating" and adding a link at the end of the game -- i.e., I added the line [scene_end storage="02_04_h.ks" target="*02_04_h"] to the end of the file 09_99_2.ks, before the final line [gotostart ask="false"], so that instead of returning to the title menu, I got to Mariko's perspective after finishing the game, and then I could check my translation. But this can't be the normal path there, can it?)

Final remarks: I liked this VN: there are only happy endings (except for a bad end if you decide not to let Mariko start her affair with Takagi, but that one is pretty obvious and easy to avoid), and Mariko is just wonderful -- you can't fail to fall in love with her. I also love how she takes control of the situation: Takagi, her lover, is younger, and she treats him a little like a boy toy, paying his drinks, telling him what to do, and even taking him on a trip to a hot springs inn that she pays for. She also treats her husband as obviously less good than her lover, and says so a number of times, much to my delight. Still, she treats both men with care and attention, and clearly loves her husband. (I wished she and her husband communicated more freely -- up to the end, he's all "ohh, I can't say out loud that I love to see her with other men, I can only imply it indirectly" which I find a little irritating: why doesn't he just admit it? Mariko tells him that once or twice... she's the non-repressed one.) OK, the plot and writing is not great literature. Still, it's a quite wholesome story which left me feeling, at the end, that love is really wonderful. And the h-scenes are hot as hell. So, all in all, a great VN.

Translating it was quite fun, though I must admit a lot of it was drudgery (the sheer number of moans and screams of pleasure that one has to translate... sometimes I thought, if I see another line full of "Aaahhh! Nnnhh! Yaaahhh! Nnngg nmmuuhhh waahhh!"s, I'm going to puke!). If you guys think the result was worth it, I think I would do it again (perhaps with Marina's series), though I'd like to rest a little -- I have a lot of IRL work to take care of, plus voluntary work to help elect Biden; let's say after the election? But all in all, I found it fun. I hope you'll enjoy the result.

capu2 maybe can help...

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017

THANK you so asehpe much for translating my REQUEST this is my 2nd translation Request that has been granted , My 1st REQUEST has been granted by capu2 which can found here https://f95zone.to/threads/gyaruzum...suru-ai-suru-tsuma-v1-0-atelier-sakura.56100/ and now we can mark this game as COMPLETED

Reactions: rokrad and asehpe