RPGM [Translation Request] Bunny Girls Don't Give Up [AVANTGARDE]

Ekaterinanl

Oct 20, 2019
Anyone know how to craft the suicide stone? I got the recipe from the man in the first town but when I get into the crafting page, Choose from recipe, there's nothing there except the heal stone. I also got many other recipes but none of them appear

Bandiger

Jan 12, 2018
Anyone know how to craft the suicide stone? I got the recipe from the man in the first town but when I get into the crafting page, Choose from recipe, there's nothing there except the heal stone. I also got many other recipes but none of them appear
The recipe system is broken in the MTL so you'll never see any of the recipes you collect. I don't even see the healing stone. The easiest way is to go get an RPGmaker save editor and give it to yourself. If you put the save editor in the same directory as the game it'll detect the game and populate the item names.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The recipe system is broken in the MTL so you'll never see any of the recipes you collect. I don't even see the healing stone. The easiest way is to go get an RPGmaker save editor and give it to yourself. If you put the save editor in the same directory as the game it'll detect the game and populate the item names.
What? It's broken? Then why did nobody tell me?
How am i supposed to fix a problem I don't know about.
Edit: Identified issue in items.json, I'm working on it.
Edit2: Issue is scattered around the maps it's the ICS entry to the save, that is still Japanese while the items are english.
Edit:3 Fixed the recipes. But i had to do it by hand manually for each one so one "might" still be broken because of a typo.
Now working on the questlog i noticed some problems there.
Edit4: quests show up again but only in Japanese, Quests function really weird though. For some reason you can complete some of them without actually having the required items. I'm looking into it but I'm a bit short on time now so probably wont be fixed today.

Last edited:

rghost

Aug 12, 2017
For my own testing I changed the ICS commands to the eng version and the name to ID so that the commands are name independent.
e.g.
ICS_レシピ追加 ケーリュケイオン -> ICS_ADD_RECIPE WEAPON 34
ICS_レシピ追加 超級キュアストーン -> ICS_ADD_RECIPE ITEM 100
ICS_レシピ追加 オブシディアンブレスレット -> ICS_ADD_RECIPE ARMOR 20

Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
For my own testing I changed the ICS commands to the eng version and the name to ID so that the commands are name independent.
e.g.
ICS_レシピ追加 ケーリュケイオン -> ICS_ADD_RECIPE WEAPON 34
ICS_レシピ追加 超級キュアストーン -> ICS_ADD_RECIPE ITEM 100
ICS_レシピ追加 オブシディアンブレスレット -> ICS_ADD_RECIPE ARMOR 20
Yeah that would have been a lot smarter of me and I guess that would get rid of the spacing issues.
(i just added a bunch of "-" instead of the spaces.)
Welp.
It's just a MTL, it's not required to be pretty I suppose. :KEK:

Reactions: NeZKyMaN

Bandiger

Jan 12, 2018
What? It's broken? Then why did nobody tell me?
How am i supposed to fix a problem I don't know about.
Sorry, I thought you were aware. When I first downloaded v1.1 of the translation there was a note about it in the Known Issues section. I see it's fixed now but it's not retroactive, does that mean that it just won't fix old recipes or old saves won't load at all with the new translation?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sorry, I thought you were aware. When I first downloaded v1.1 of the translation there was a note about it in the Known Issues section. I see it's fixed now but it's not retroactive, does that mean that it just won't fix old recipes or old saves won't load at all with the new translation?
The issue was it writing the wrong entry in the save, so it couldn't find the recipes.
That means if your save is already past an event that was supposed to give you a specific recipe you will not be able to get it anymore (Without editing your save), but all future recipes will work.
(Same with the currently untranslated quests. If i manage to fix those in the future that will also not work retroactively)

Edit: Also I had a note "Not properly tested yet" and then a note saying "There's potentially issues with the quest and recipe system."
As in: "I don't know yet". Followed by the note about reporting problems.

But i guess I should have made that more clear.

Last edited:

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
The issue was it writing the wrong entry in the save, so it couldn't find the recipes.
That means if your save is already past an event that was supposed to give you a specific recipe you will not be able to get it anymore (Without editing your save), but all future recipes will work.
(Same with the currently untranslated quests. If i manage to fix those in the future that will also not work retroactively)

Edit: Also I had a note "Not properly tested yet" and then a note saying "There's potentially issues with the quest and recipe system."
As in: "I don't know yet". Followed by the note about reporting problems.

But i guess I should have made that more clear.
Wait a minute, so which translation is better?
Because I found this topic:
[Partial] Bunny Girls Don't Give Up [v1.14] [AVANTGARDE]
Is your translation based on the one above? or are they two separate initiatives, because I'm a bit confused and don't know which is better to use.

PS: So I understand there is still some problem with prescriptions and it is better to wait or something?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Wait a minute, so which translation is better?
Because I found this topic:
[Partial] Bunny Girls Don't Give Up [v1.14] [AVANTGARDE]
Is your translation based on the one above? or are they two separate initiatives, because I'm a bit confused and don't know which is better to use.

PS: So I understand there is still some problem with prescriptions and it is better to wait or something?
Looking at the posts there it seems like it doesn't translate much, but I have no idea about the state of that one.
(I didn't even know it exists.)
But mine is honestly pretty bad too. It is one of the earlier ones I made so it's not even DeepL it's just google translate.

If there's serious demand for this I would probably remake this to make it slightly less bad, but i have to admit I don't understand the quests yet.

I understand how to translate the text but I don't understand what's messing up the quest completion requirements and that's fairly demotivating.
Sure if you can still complete the quests it's technically not gamebreaking, but if you can complete them without meeting the requirements it kinda takes away the point of playing the game.

• Thinking Face

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Looking at the posts there it seems like it doesn't translate much, but I have no idea about the state of that one.
But mine is honestly pretty bad too. It is one of the earlier ones I made so it's not even DeepL it's just google translate.

If there's serious demand for this I would probably remake this to make it slightly less bad, but i have to admit I don't understand the quests yet.

I understand how to translate the text but I don't understand what's messing up the quest completion requirements and that's fairly demotivating.
Sure if you can still complete the quests it's technically not gamebreaking, but if you can complete them without meeting the requirements it kinda takes away the point of playing the game.
Hm, I know that Silentce likes to have some fun in RPGM and knows a few tricks, maybe he could help because it would be a pity to leave a nice project. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Shisaye, yes - please co-operate with Silentce if possible. This game really needs a fucking good polished pretty looking translation. I tried it myself but it is really big and complex to translate :D So i know this will be a big project. But maybe you two can do something wonderful together.

I am - currently - translating that other game - and again thanks Shisaye for your help there getting the "Quests" fixed to show up in the Quest Menu! *kiss kiss*

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018

Sounds like the game uses the item description plugin or what I like to call the <SG> code. item notes are used for the quests and use inline scripts that set "categories" If you translate them improperly you will break the whole system. I did a quick dive into the game and I believe the quests are in items and use <SG to accomplish the quest requirements. Lots of games use it for unlockable skills, questlines, adding entries in menu's like for my translation of Part time exhibition girl that system was used to work the hints section.

It is a bit tricky to spot but once you've fucked it up once and fix it you sort of figure out what is okay to change and what isn't. :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sounds like the game uses the item description plugin or what I like to call the <SG> code. item notes are used for the quests and use inline scripts that set "categories" If you translate them improperly you will break the whole system. I did a quick dive into the game and I believe the quests are in items and use <SG to accomplish the quest requirements. Lots of games use it for unlockable skills, questlines, adding entries in menu's like for my translation of Part time exhibition girl that system was used to work the hints section.

It is a bit tricky to spot but once you've fucked it up once and fix it you sort of figure out what is okay to change and what isn't. :ROFLMAO:
I never changed the SG stuff I kept it all untranslated, which is why I was so confused about this. Thanks for the reply though.

Now I rechecked everything just to find out that I actually didn't break anything.
Using the save I kept using to test I can complete quests without the required items on a completely untouched Japanese original. So either some quests are broken in general or the save I used to test is.

That is 2 days I'll never get back. :HideThePain:

Will now work on the DeepL remake (with translated quests too) but that is going to take a while. DeepL is seriously shitting the bed since a few days. Every second output is now this "I'm not sure how to do it, but I'm going to do it" error bullshit.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I never changed the SG stuff I kept it all untranslated, which is why I was so confused about this. Thanks for the reply though.

Now I rechecked everything just to find out that I actually didn't break anything.
Using the save I kept using to test I can complete quests without the required items on a completely untouched Japanese original. So either some quests are broken in general or the save I used to test is.

That is 2 days I'll never get back. :HideThePain:

Will now work on the DeepL remake (with translated quests too) but that is going to take a while. DeepL is seriously shitting the bed since a few days. Every second output is now this "I'm not sure how to do it, but I'm going to do it" error bullshit.
Since saves often hold onto various pieces of metadata in the game I wouldn't be surprised if the save you used DID have broken categories somewhere and you didn't actually change anything. Meta data is a bitch sometimes. I looked at the code briefly and didn't see anything blaringly wrong when I checked. If there are any problems that you can't figure my services are always available, however you seem more then capable of mostly solving your own problems.

Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Finally finished it.
All dialogue re-translated with DeepL, hundreds of broken lines manually fixed, Quests translated.
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...ls-dont-give-up-avantgarde.30922/post-6499411

Some stuff still doesn't sound right but this game has some really weird dialogue at times and I really didnt know what on earth the dev meant.

For example:
"誕生するのが近づくたびに、
同士というより子供が生まれうような感覚になる。"
"Whenever we get close to the birth of a child, it feels more like the birth of a child than a fellow human being."

The fuck is that supposed to mean? :KEK:

Last edited:

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Finally finished it.
All dialogue re-translated with DeepL, hundreds of broken lines manually fixed, Quests translated.
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...ls-dont-give-up-avantgarde.30922/post-6499411

Some stuff still doesn't sound right but this game has some really weird dialogue at times and I really didnt know what on earth the dev meant.

For example:
"誕生するのが近づくたびに、
同士というより子供が生まれうような感覚になる。"
"Whenever we get close to the birth of a child, it feels more like the birth of a child than a fellow human being."

The fuck is that supposed to mean? :KEK:
Even DeepL gets lost in longer sentences - so it would be a tad easier to break the text into smaller chunks and only then start to "guess" xD
I did that while translating the game
Relative Twins Reverse Rape Me to Get Pregnant! If I'm Caught My Life is Over [Final] [mico]
Although it's a poor comparison, because in that game there's less text and it's simpler.

ANYway, thanks for your work!
EDIT:
Did you see this post?
It says something about recipes and so on, because as I understand it still hasn't been fixed in your patch?

Last edited: