[Translation Request] Devils were tempted by ballad of anima...

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
It's been 5 years, how is there not an English translation for this ffs?
Well, for one, the game developer writes paragraphs, not tragedies sentences. On the order of 180K characters, as I've made note of in previous posts.
To put that in perspective, a JP->EN translator runs at $0.02~$0.03 per character. So you can imagine the level of work that is, from cost alone.
To put that in another perspective, if we assume 2:1 JP->EN character to word count, being it comes out to 90K English words, it'd be HALF as long The Fellowship of the Ring.

For the other, any EN translations have to be managed by hand due to the engine. There exists ONE tool I've ever heard of to pull text and put in different text. And that was made for Korean, but would probably only work for that or similar types of languages therein. (It can do English, but we would get text overlap issues fast.)
Because the engine was built for Japanese, and only with Japanese in mind, text run off/overlap is commonplace if not managed carefully. And if not FORCED to work in weird, wacky ways. See this example of Explorer of the Golden Planet, which I'm helping to update, finish, and clean up through no small means. And which highlights the overlap issue I'm talking about.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Most people don't exactly want to tussle with the muscle of this engine. Not that I can blame them.
When you start looking under the hood, shit starts getting really funky.
Shop screens like the one I've shown above manage where the arrow cursor is by it having SP. Which is just one dev's way of doing it.

tl;dr: Engine is made for Japanese. Nothing else. English work has to be done the long and slow way.
And I'm currently dedicated to pushing out Explorer of the Golden Planet atm.
Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

• Sad
Reactions: derakino999

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
can at least this game be fucking hooked with textractor then?
Maybe? I recall vaguely some people getting some tools to work, but I don't recall which/when.
You can always try, though. I honestly haven't used those tools in an age so it's not something I usually think about.