• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[Translation Request] Devils were tempted by ballad of anima...

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Sorry for the late update. Life suddenly got very busy and I've had no time to work on any translating.
I actually had one document translated like a few weeks ago. I'm using Sugoi translator v4 with DeepL. It took me about 4 hours to translate about ~5k characters. The majority of that time was formatting to match the original text. There was also a limit on what I was able to translate without context in game so some dialogue came off as weird to me.

Here was what I managed.

I don't have much free time anymore, so I appologize if this got anyone's hopes up. I probably won't have much free time until some 3 months from now.
I'm taking a look through it now. Most of it looks pretty good, so thanks for the hard work!
You can also feel free to shoot me any questions you might have, at any point if you get hung up on stuff.
Also, if you do keep plugging away at it, feel free to not worry too much about stylizing it like how it's put in the documents.
This level of formatting, for example, I'd say you wouldn't have to go through.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Having it be two lines is just fine! It's going to be a mess of me screwing around with it in engine anyway. So most of the author's original formatting is going out the window no matter what lol. This engine just does NOT like non-Japanese characters, so I'll be squishing stuff or adding more dialogue boxes period.
Most of what I need in terms of formatting is just making sure everything keeps the labels so I know where to apply stuff!

Also, also, you can feel free to leave the names untranslated throughout the whole document. I put the first section, "Names/Titles in this section" so you could use either a Search+Replace or just translate them in that section and just translate the dialogue alone. Whatever works fastest for you, though! Just don't want to have you feel like you have to do TOO much extra work!

Other than that, thanks again for the work! And hey, that's life at least. I know how that goes all too well, so don't worry about if there's long gaps between when you push something out!

Last edited:
Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Textraction (mostly) done! It only took two years...
This would be a bit of a massive undertaking for translators (considering it's racking up at around 180K characters to translate) but all that's left is to see how this shapes up from here!
I'll make another pass down the line for any extra chunks I missed and add those if they pop up, but this game has now been textracted almost completely! (This dev writes A LOT. ESPECIALLY during the hentai scenes.) So you can take that amount pretty much to the bank! Link to the post with the text dump files is in my signature!

I'll also start applying what HippoPie posted after that just to get a bit of a foot in the door and at least throw that out there! It will cover the world map, all the level up/power up/shop sections and almost all of the Whore House H scenes. (The area you go when you get defeated in battle and get transported elsewhere.)

Last edited:

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Happy July folks, to ring it in here's what HippoPie gave us, put into the game!
It took a bit of back and forth funny junk, due to how the towns work in game, but I got this initial foot in the door!
This only covers the world map, all town shop/power up/level up areas and all the BASIC whore house stuff.
I had thought what I had been given at the time covered the actual hentai scenes of that area, but I was a little mistaken. My apologies with that. It only covers the section where you walk around and then get teleported out later.
With that being said, it's at least something and you can get a more basic feel for the game if you had been putting it off because you couldn't figure out the town stuff.

Some notes:
  • I'm not sure if I'm settled on town names, atm. This is machine TL, obviously, but MANY of them came out quite...interesting. I'll follow up with Hippo whenever they're available about it to see how we should lean on it. Additionally, some of them might have really short looking/incomplete sounding names. The World Map area has a RIDICULOUSLY small character limit of 20 characters, so I can't name everything properly there.
  • This dev writes a lot of lore info, so the shop and skill screens are pretty cluttered. With almost all AE4 games, I can do almost NOTHING for that on static screens. It's just a "neat" quirk of the engine, but I tried my best to keep everything at least manageable. If you have a lot of "Souls" the amount may wind up going off screen. I tried to mitigate that by adjusting it some, but it's not perfect.

If you have any questions or notice anything off, please let me know!

To install:
  • Make a backup of the game's data folder or make sure you have another copy somewhere.
  • Overwrite and replace all the folders/files prompted about by extracting the RAR file INTO the game's data folder.

Last edited:

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
Wow, thanks for all the effort you are putting into this, your work is really appreciated. :giggle:

Edit: Many thanks to HippoPie as well!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TragicSolitude

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Wow, thanks for all the effort you are putting into this, your work is really appreciated. :giggle:
Lol well thanks, I appreciate it! But thank HippoPie more, honestly. Them jumping on gave me a lot more drive for this! So a large portion of credit goes to them!

Reactions: -Ben-
Jul 14, 2017
Using Translator
Someone can answer on some questions?
1: How to break black blocks?
2: On a map, in upper left, in"Kobold's Territory" i see a village, how i can get in there?
3: In "Recollections" second column (marked 'H') how open the last one?
4: For what "Fragments of Akasha"? like i remember first four is STRUP and DEFUP, but other in japanese, so i dont understand for what i need collect every bats.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Using Translator
Someone can answer on some questions?
1: How to break black blocks?
2: On a map, in upper left, in"Kobold's Territory" i see a village, how i can get in there?
3: In "Recollections" second column (marked 'H') how open the last one?
4: For what "Fragments of Akasha"? like i remember first four is STRUP and DEFUP, but other in japanese, so i dont understand for what i need collect every bats.
I can't exactly answer the first 3 atm because I'm not exactly sure. However, if you download my partial, the Akasha Fragment rewards are translated after you have enough fragments. It largely translates to character attribute bonuses and H rewards. Past that like I said, you're still relatively on your own, apologies.

Jul 14, 2017
Using Translator
That means you don't understand what i'm talking about, or you don't understand how to do it by yourself? If first, then i can more explain, if second, maybe someone other help us both. In "black blocks" i mean black bubble-like thing what can't let you take first fragment (and most of other fragments). on a map, if you go left up, or right down, you see "village" marks, which you can't reach, right down is orc's prison, if you killed by orcs, you teleported to that place, and can fuck some orcs for CG and money. By "Recollections" i mean CG Gallery, and they have three column, first, like i understand, with orc's prison CG and some other enemies, second is killing by bosses, and third from events, but i'm not sure.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
-brevity-
I mean I'm not fully sure how to do any of the 3 things you asked about.
It's been a long time since I've played the game, myself, so I don't recall specifically what to do/how you get rid of those black blobs.
The last scene may be unlocked by losing to the final boss, if I had to take a guess, but I could be wrong. The engine isn't set up in a way that you can tell exactly what scenes get called by what.
As for the mystery village, I don't believe you can get there at all. It may be a lore thing from the start of the game, but it has no name and there's no in game path for it. So as far as I'm aware, you can't go there.

Jul 14, 2017
Using Translator
Thanks, and sorry for disturbing you. I tried to die from final boss, and that's other CG and, like i understand, if you click on closed CG game said how to open it, but on japanese, so maybe when you translate this part of the game you understand how to open it.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Using Translator
Thanks, and sorry for disturbing you. I tried to die from final boss, and that's other CG and, like i understand, if you click on closed CG game said how to open it, but on japanese, so maybe when you translate this part of the game you understand how to open it.
Don't worry about it, you're fine.
I took a deeper look at it, and found the text you were looking at.
They were stored separately so I didn't see the unlock condition on first blush. According to the game, that is a bonus scene unlocked from beating the game after having a high rape count. How many specifically, I didn't see any hard numbers for, so I can't say. It may be something you have to test and try out!

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
TragicSolitude
Hmmm.
So... Here's a thought, or more like a request...
Do you have some files with text that's pending translation, and i mean, EVERYTHING that we can translate, that you could like, hand over so i can parse it all through Sugoi Offline translator? which we all know has quality on par if not superior to DeepL.
Let's say i have a friend that i'm sure would help me do that.
or more like do it for me since i'm incredibly stupid, but i bet he'd be willing to :KEK: guy translates entire rpg games on request and for free and like it's breakfast
But do you have the text organized for translation or is it still a mess you're trying to figure out?
I mean something like this:
1. You'd be in charge of extracting the text, giving it to me
2. I ask my friend to TL the whole thing using Sugoi
3. I send you the files translated, and you handle inserting them since you are the one who knows where goes what and how

What do you say?

also forbiddentwo
Where is the white haired beauty from your signature from?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
All of my files are listed on post #58, for starters. (The link is in my sig)
And it's certainly an idea, I'm not wholly against it, honestly. More help is always nice! However, being that HippoPie has jumped on board (when they're available) I can't exactly sign off on it alone. I'm not going to just rug pull them like that lol. I'd start with seeing if you can get a hold of them through DMs or here first and see how they feel as well. I started chipping away at some sections, albeit it's been a minute as I've focused my efforts on the other Acid Style game for a bit.
Past that, if HippoPie signs off on some collaborative work, it's not exactly going to be a short project lol. As I mentioned in post #102, this game runs around 180K characters. (Assuming I missed literally nothing) Across 21 files, no less! So be sure you're clear about that before signing anyone up for..."free" labor lol.
Also also, should those items line up and it does go through, please be sure to read the important info spoiler on post #58. It sounds like nitpicking, but they're critically important for me to know what I'm doing!

Past that, certainly do feel free to keep me posted or ping me if you need something else!

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
And it's certainly an idea, I'm not wholly against it, honestly. More help is always nice! However, being that HippoPie has jumped on board (when they're available) I can't exactly sign off on it alone. I'm not going to just rug pull them like that lol. I'd start with seeing if you can get a hold of them through DMs or here first and see how they feel as well. I started chipping away at some sections, albeit it's been a minute as I've focused my efforts on the other Acid Style game for a bit.
Past that, if HippoPie signs off on some collaborative work, it's not exactly going to be a short project lol. As I mentioned in post #102, this game runs around 180K characters. (Assuming I missed literally nothing) Across 21 files, no less! So be sure you're clear about that before signing anyone up for..."free" labor lol.
Also also, should those items line up and it does go through, please be sure to read the important info spoiler on post #58. It sounds like nitpicking, but they're critically important for me to know what I'm doing!

Past that, certainly do feel free to keep me posted or ping me if you need something else!
Since I'm just going take a quick guess who derakino999 is referring to without actually asking me first. :WeSmart:

I've made something I call SLR which is essentially a translator built on Sugoi and a dictionary in a hybrid mess thing that I can feed any "readable" file.
It really doesn't matter what kind of file it is as long as it has a "standard" encoding something like Notepad++ understands (can edit without breaking it).
It also doesn't matter if the file is full of weird scripts and formatting that needs to be left alone I would just make a custom parser for it. (But if there's stuff in the files that shouldn't be touched I would need to know about it first. I have never worked with "ActionEditor4" before.)
I can also feed it picture based text, but that part of the system is still in a very early stage and pretty ugly.

Basically, not really having looked at this game, or your work, yet. If you have a way of extracting (and most importantly properly putting back in) text from this game, you can send me the "readable" files or pictures, and I'll feed them to my system.
But of course, like all MTLs, SLR cannot replace a manual translation.
All of my files are listed on post #58, for starters. (The link is in my sig)
The file links show this for me.
1697113424502.png

• Wow
Reactions: derakino999

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
-brevity-
I basically assumed they were talking about you, anyway, tbh.
I see what happened with the links, fixed.

As long as text can be put back in its relevant areas without fully deleting the original text and section headers can be preserved that's more or less all I need. And I'm more than capable of handling the engine work myself, as I've done so to decent success with Kemomimi lol.
Feel free to peruse what I have posted, but like I mentioned above I can't solely sign off as I don't precisely want to just yank work away from someone who was wanting to do it lol.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I basically assumed they were talking about you, anyway, tbh.
I see what happened with the links, fixed.

As long as text can be put back in its relevant areas without fully deleting the original text and section headers can be preserved that's more or less all I need. And I'm more than capable of handling the engine work myself, as I've done so to decent success with Kemomimi lol.
Feel free to peruse what I have posted, but like I mentioned above I can't solely sign off as I don't precisely want to just yank work away from someone who was wanting to do it lol.
.docx is a container and not a single readable file, the actual text is inside as a .xml. I could obviously extract it and then pack it back together later, but does it have to be .docx? :HideThePain:

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
.docx is a container and not a single readable file, the actual text is inside as a .xml. I could obviously extract it and then pack it back together later, but does it have to be .docx? :HideThePain:
The formatting and ability to navigate between sections was important enough when I was working with a professional translator that it was certainly necessary to a degree, yes. There's a slew of subheader names that would eventually repeat making quick searching a plausible nightmare with Ctrl+F. Blame the engine, not me lol. It was just the habit I got into, for the possible sake of if anyone volunteers as a JP->ENG translator elsewhere down the line.
If you think docx is bad, the actual engine itself would make docx look like a sane man's choice.
Especially if you went the route of throwing everything in as ONE export file. I'd say I would prefer to keep it in a neat document like that if possible. But I suppose beggars can't necessarily be choosers.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The formatting and ability to navigate between sections was important enough when I was working with a professional translator that it was certainly necessary to a degree, yes. There's a slew of subheader names that would eventually repeat making quick searching a plausible nightmare with Ctrl+F. Blame the engine, not me lol. It was just the habit I got into, for the possible sake of if anyone volunteers as a JP->ENG translator elsewhere down the line.
If you think docx is bad, the actual engine itself would make docx look like a sane man's choice.
Especially if you went the route of throwing everything in as ONE export file. I'd say I would prefer to keep it in a neat document like that if possible. But I suppose beggars can't necessarily be choosers.
It's fine, I'll try to pack it again correctly.
It's just my Microsoft hate showing. :KEK:
arch.jpg

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
It's fine, I'll try to pack it again correctly.
It's just my Microsoft hate showing. :KEK:
View attachment 2999928
Pft, I certainly have no love for MS myself. Look where we are, and ask yourself if you think I really forked over anything for such software lol.
Or find me drunk and ask me about how I feel about being forced into Win10!
Just be ready for yelling.