[Translation Request] Devils were tempted by ballad of anima...

SuicideByTaco

Apr 23, 2018
Placeholder for any of my dump files.
I'm doing it in segments as having everything in ONE document will be an absolute fucking CHORE to go through.
Down the line, if anyone DOES do some of this TL work, I would happily get this put back in the game, but please keep in mind the notes below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All character counts use the Microsoft word tool, and includes repeat names, Japanese quote symbols, etc.
It is not WHOLLY representative of everything requiring translating. But is a good estimate.

Intro to End of Area 1: ~11,951 Asian characters.

World Map, General UI (Shop, Power Up, and Skill Level Up), and H Room (The stage where you go when defeated. Not the H gallery.): ~4,595 Asian characters.

Aia City to start of Hilt City: ~8,400 Asian characters. (Duplicate names not counted.)

Hilt City to Ruined Aia City: ~9,383 Asian characters. (Duplicate names not counted.)
These links no longer work, can we get another link please?

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Incidentally has anyone managed to get a text hooker working with this? I tried VNR and had trouble until I switched to Direct3d (it was all black text on a white background no matter what I did), and while switching does help, OCR has a hell of a time recognizing certain characters (to the point where the translation is mostly gibberish). I tried going fullscreen and fiddling with the sliders, but no dice.

Worst case scenario I can just use the dumped text (thanks so much for that!) but I was just wondering...

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Incidentally has anyone managed to get a text hooker working with this? I tried VNR and had trouble until I switched to Direct3d (it was all black text on a white background no matter what I did), and while switching does help, OCR has a hell of a time recognizing certain characters (to the point where the translation is mostly gibberish). I tried going fullscreen and fiddling with the sliders, but no dice.

Worst case scenario I can just use the dumped text (thanks so much for that!) but I was just wondering...
Almost universally ActionEditor 4 games will not work will text hooks. Hence why I'm dumping for this game and translating Kemomimi

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
+1 mtl would be nice start
Apologies for the month plus long delay in saying anything to this.
I will not be doing in-depth MTLs for AE4 games. The work level for these types of games isn't exactly "hard" but it is VERY, EXCEPTIONALLY, time consuming. And this game ESPECIALLY is about as unclean and beefy as it gets.
I MAY do it for things like shop UIs, as those are copy+paste for this game, but the concept of spending time to MTL all the text that will be here, just to throw it out the window myself isn't the most appealing ahaha.

Reactions: fenden