Others (Translation request) Dragonlord's Ambition [Complete Edition]

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Good Luck! Glancing over this I was able to view the images with

DS_CG images converted to png
328 MB

Edit: Tried translating a Menu but couldn't figure out how to load in the changes :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Cilival

Feb 25, 2018
Updating this download links and these torrents takes so much time you guys can find it untranslated with complete edition with the power up kit in IGGGames oh they banned the link so go search it there with the name dragonlord's ambition
hope this saves up some time for some ppl who really want to help translate this project

codiefelix

Aug 29, 2020
played around with the files for about 2h now, but can't seem to get it working after recompiling.
if anyone has a lead on what engine this game was made in, then maybe one can at least translate image files to eng.

Someone got a 'working' script able to extract/repack the text for dialog
Can you link that by chance so I can have a lead on how to repack properly?

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
played around with the files for about 2h now, but can't seem to get it working after recompiling.
if anyone has a lead on what engine this game was made in, then maybe one can at least translate image files to eng.

Can you link that by chance so I can have a lead on how to repack properly?
Its on fuwanovel. Someone made an script when I asked there quite a while ago.
Its a very simple extract and repack python script.
Here is my post on the fix to properly display the dialogue.

Image translation should work fine and dialogue can be made using this workaround.
But the main problem is that there is no rpg texts.... item names/descriptions etc.... If anyone can find where that stuff is located it would be great.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, remember that on the extract.py you need to change the filename for the one in the game you want to use.
Line 38 if not os.path.exists('FGN_BOOT_T.DAT'):
Line 43 with open('FGN_BOOT_T.DAT', 'r') as f:

in the case of this game it should be DSP_BOOT.DAT

I also like to put an if inside files loop ~Line 49
To only extract the files I want, because it takes too much time and space to unpack all the things.
So for example if you only want the dialogue text you could put there a:
if file != "DS_ADD.DAT":
continue

Last edited:

codiefelix

Aug 29, 2020
Its on fuwanovel. Someone made an script when I asked there quite a while ago.
Its a very simple extract and repack python script.
Here is my post on the fix to properly display the dialogue.

Image translation should work fine and dialogue can be made using this workaround.
But the main problem is that there is no rpg texts.... item names/descriptions etc.... If anyone can find where that stuff is located it would be great.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, remember that on the extract.py you need to change the filename for the one in the game you want to use.
Line 38 if not os.path.exists('FGN_BOOT_T.DAT'):
Line 43 with open('FGN_BOOT_T.DAT', 'r') as f:

in the case of this game it should be DSP_BOOT.DAT

I also like to put an if inside files loop ~Line 49
To only extract the files I want, because it takes too much time and space to unpack all the things.
So for example if you only want the dialogue text you could put there a:
if file != "DS_ADD.DAT":
continue
Thanks for that first of all
Unfortunately the script "only" makes a new DS_ADD.DAT
This means that someone could translate conversations, intro, etc. but not the UI and probably items aswell since they are in DS_BASE.DAT
If you choose to translate conversations make sure to use full width latin characters as stated in the other forum, I'll have a look at the games C,system engine and see if there's any way to repack