Wolf RPG [Translation request][Great childfood WAIFU space]Touring With WAIFU ~Off to Defeat The Demon Lord with Your Childhood Friend~

Kuroyan

Jul 23, 2017
+1, I tried to translate it in MTL once using translator++, but the creator actually put all the H-scenes in .txt files... If someone wanna translate it in MTL completely, you might need to either make a script to translate every txt files or do it manually...

sanandreas11

Jun 8, 2017
+1, I tried to translate it in MTL once using translator++, but the creator actually put all the H-scenes in .txt files... If someone wanna translate it in MTL completely, you might need to either make a script to translate every txt files or do it manually...
Good info for future translators

strife2cloud

Aug 27, 2017
Well, this was hell and a half. I made a addon for Translator++ so that I can load Txt files using the spreadsheet program (What are csv, if not text files with commas.). Had to deal with a couple random issues with character encoding which I think I fixed. But there's alot of stuff in these text files that I don't think is just dialog. There's also not a linear flow to the game that makes it easy to trace errors as they come up.

Well if anyone feels like translating it and going line by line it probably would work. But Machine Translating it will be hell to debug.

Reactions: Usaco

sanandreas11

Jun 8, 2017
Well, this was hell and a half. I made a addon for Translator++ so that I can load Txt files using the spreadsheet program (What are csv, if not text files with commas.). Had to deal with a couple random issues with character encoding which I think I fixed. But there's alot of stuff in these text files that I don't think is just dialog. There's also not a linear flow to the game that makes it easy to trace errors as they come up.

Well if anyone feels like translating it and going line by line it probably would work. But Machine Translating it will be hell to debug.
I appreciate you trying,it's okay.

strife2cloud

Aug 27, 2017

Also strangely enough but when I edited the txt files, Spaces are ignored and commas are treated as next line in the custom text boxes the game uses. I know Japanese doesn't have spaces between words. But I'm surprised someone coded whatever plugin this game's wolfRPG is using to ignore spaces. I can't even begin to understand why that's the case.

Reactions: Usaco

Kuroyan

Jul 23, 2017
If someone has some tech skills, there's a tool named 'MTool' (search 'translation cheat tool ulmf' on google, you'll find it) which can directly translate the strings in games. You can follow my discussion in page 11 about using the addonText tool to load all the strings to translate.
You need to make a parser to recover the correct text to translate in a JSON file, though I have no idea how to do this.

The tool itself is really great and probably better than translator++ since it doesn't produce much script error on regular rpgm and wolfrpg games. It also comes with a cheat menu.