RPGM WIP [Translation Request] (JP - EN) Hypnosis Pencil

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Godspeed on your work on this. If it's anything like his last two games, expect a million common events for each and every variation and an extremely tedious hint system.
Yeahhhhh, there are a LOT of story paths and variations. Definitely not a stranger to translating this sort of thing, but it does get tedious simply because I have to replay the game constantly to figure out context and avoid repeating anything. And yes, lots of random hints and stuff in the plugins. It's going well due to the fact that I like the concept and story, but I imagine I'll slow down and/or finish up one of the ongoing projects in my queue while I translate this one.

EDIT: Okay, the CE alone has nearly 9000 lines of text. For reference, the last game I translated had about 5000 in the CE. This ... This is gonna take a while.

Again, no promises or timeline. Trying to finish quickly, but I'm not gonna rush myself or burn myself out.

Last edited:

Silly Monk

Nov 13, 2021
Yeahhhhh, there are a LOT of story paths and variations. Definitely not a stranger to translating this sort of thing, but it does get tedious simply because I have to replay the game constantly to figure out context and avoid repeating anything. And yes, lots of random hints and stuff in the plugins. It's going well due to the fact that I like the concept and story, but I imagine I'll slow down and/or finish up one of the ongoing projects in my queue while I translate this one.

EDIT: Okay, the CE alone has nearly 9000 lines of text. For reference, the last game I translated had about 5000 in the CE. This ... This is gonna take a while.

Again, no promises or timeline. Trying to finish quickly, but I'm not gonna rush myself or burn myself out.
I whole Heartedly thank you for ur effort. Thank you

Gama_R34

Sep 7, 2022
My man, what kind of game did you play?
If I had to guess it's the recent exhibitionism games that do have variations of events for different outfits and a "loose" hint system tho a million is definitely a hyperbole. For example the highschool game had variations for each scene + outfit + girl's horny meter thresholds if I remember well

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Just a little update. I'm still working (insanely hard) on translating this game.
Here's why:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, I'm just explaining why this is gonna take a long ass time to translate.
Please don't think I'm slacking off. I actually really enjoy translating this game (I'm doing it now). But I gotta be honest and say that it's really burning me out - I've spent about 4-6 hours every day on translating for the past month, even outside of my normal 9-6 job. It's consuming my life. I've also encountered a bunch of individuals on this forum (thankfully, a very small minority) who have been incredibly discouraging and unappreciative, and quite frankly, it feels real demotivating to invest all this time and effort in translating for such entitled assholes. I've run into issues with others getting upset when I provide updates or estimated timelines that get delayed, which is why I previously said I'm not gonna rush this and that y'all will need to wait for this translation. So I think I'll return to translating some other games in my backlog in order to take a break from this one soon. However, trust me when I say that I won't give up on this, at least not yet. I know lots of translators/devs have said similar things, but personally, IMHO, the volume and quality of the body of my previous translation work speak to my commitment.

Btw, if you're looking to MTL this ... Don't. You will 100% break something. I already don't like MTLs because most people don't know what they're doing when they make them, but there are so many triggers, plugin coding, and context-specific data in this game that MTLing this game is gonna screw the game, screw the community, and screw the devs (out of disrespect). Oh, and screw you for being an MTL maker, lol.

Gama_R34

Sep 7, 2022
Just a little update. I'm still working (insanely hard) on translating this game.
Here's why:

Anyway, I'm just explaining why this is gonna take a long ass time to translate.
Please don't think I'm slacking off. I actually really enjoy translating this game (I'm doing it now). But I gotta be honest and say that it's really burning me out - I've spent about 4-6 hours every day on translating for the past month, even outside of my normal 9-6 job. It's consuming my life. I've also encountered a bunch of individuals on this forum (thankfully, a very small minority) who have been incredibly discouraging and unappreciative, and quite frankly, it feels real demotivating to invest all this time and effort in translating for such entitled assholes. I've run into issues with others getting upset when I provide updates or estimated timelines that get delayed, which is why I previously said I'm not gonna rush this and that y'all will need to wait for this translation. So I think I'll return to translating some other games in my backlog in order to take a break from this one soon. However, trust me when I say that I won't give up on this, at least not yet. I know lots of translators/devs have said similar things, but personally, IMHO, the volume and quality of the body of my previous translation work speak to my commitment.

Btw, if you're looking to MTL this ... Don't. You will 100% break something. I already don't like MTLs because most people don't know what they're doing when they make them, but there are so many triggers, plugin coding, and context-specific data in this game that MTLing this game is gonna screw the game, screw the community, and screw the devs (out of disrespect). Oh, and screw you for being an MTL maker, lol.
Keep up the great work mate! Take all the time you need and don't burn yourself out, there are enough games out there to keep people busy so no need to feel rushed by entitled users who want everything right now

arararar4344

Mar 18, 2022
Working on this. Don't bother me about it and anyone who asks me about an update/timeline will cause me to delay the eventual translation release by a month. I'm kidding about that last part (but seriously, I translate on my own terms and time so just leave me alone).
thank you daddy

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
Completely agree about how many translations break things. Even supposed non-mtl projects leave things broken. I still haven't found a translated copy of "Metal Edge Girl Blazer" that didn't break the outfit change of the main character after she gets 'processed' by the bad guys. I've noticed similar issues in other games as well. Thank you for taking the time to translate it right!

Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

BodaC

Jun 30, 2022
Here's why:

I srsly had no idea how much work translating is, but damn this game definitely seems like a beast to translate. Almost sounds worse than what ppl were going through translation Celesphonia back when it released.