[Translation Request] Nasty Fallen Hero Karen

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
some have a way of translate this game with textractor or other program similar?, i dont talk about translator+++, i mean some similar to textractor :unsure:

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
has anyone got a translated version? broken english is fine.... i just wanna know what i'm doing... hard to progress without knowing what to do

Reactions: CummanderShepard

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
+1
Ressentiment games are criminally undertranslated
There is a reason for that. They use a scenario.json file for the majority of the text and MTLer's don't know how to get to that file with their fancy little programs and people who do don't want to make their eyes bleed going through the entire script with a text editor to translate the text. You also have to manually keep track of the amount of characters used so they don't flow out of the text box. There might be easier ways but I haven't looked into them. I just know from personal experience translating ressentiment games is a major pain in the ass lol. Here is a screenshot of how the H events look behind the scenes for reference :)

1628429616172.png

Wcares

Nov 13, 2016
There is a reason for that. They use a scenario.json file for the majority of the text and MTLer's don't know how to get to that file with their fancy little programs and people who do don't want to make their eyes bleed going through the entire script with a text editor to translate the text. You also have to manually keep track of the amount of characters used so they don't flow out of the text box. There might be easier ways but I haven't looked into them. I just know from personal experience translating ressentiment games is a major pain in the ass lol. Here is a screenshot of how the H events look behind the scenes for reference :)

View attachment 1342097
Fuck that looks like a major pain. Would the font changing trick work for the text wrapping? As for translating, Im guessing a text hook program is the best bet until someone brave steps forward.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Fuck that looks like a major pain. Would the font changing trick work for the text wrapping? As for translating, Im guessing a text hook program is the best bet until someone brave steps forward.
A word wrapping plugin would work fine. I asked kin-kun to clean up the file in case I wanted to translate the game so It is already a bit easier to read now but I don't have time to tackle this game. just most translators aren't going to really touch it because of the extra work. I might if I can clear my backlog eventually.

Reactions: Blitztooth

Wcares

Nov 13, 2016
A word wrapping plugin would work fine. I asked kin-kun to clean up the file in case I wanted to translate the game so It is already a bit easier to read now but I don't have time to tackle this game. just most translators aren't going to really touch it because of the extra work. I might if I can clear my backlog eventually.

If you dont mind me asking, how do you guys translate something like this? Do you just copy and past everything in japanese into a translator?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
If you dont mind me asking, how do you guys translate something like this? Do you just copy and past everything in japanese into a translator?
Some people do the copy and paste method. I don't like to do that though. It feels less genuine. I try and translate it myself with the Japanese I know. Of course sometimes I dont' recognize a word or a sentence so sometimes I will turn to web dictionaries for answers and go from there. My understanding of the language is not great and there is plenty I still have to learn but over the past year or so I've picked up a good bit of the language. Even if I turn to a web dictionary every line I translate I type myself and word my own way.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Some people do the copy and paste method. I don't like to do that though. It feels less genuine. I try and translate it myself with the Japanese I know. Of course sometimes I dont' recognize a word or a sentence so sometimes I will turn to web dictionaries for answers and go from there. My understanding of the language is not great and there is plenty I still have to learn but over the past year or so I've picked up a good bit of the language. Even if I turn to a web dictionary every line I translate I type myself and word my own way.
I've accepted that mysty and the tower of paradise will never but translated, but I don't know how to self translate or do any of that.... a step by step would be nice, but i understand that's asking too much.... i just can't get past a certain floor that needs to be past to progress the game cuz I don't know who to talk, where to go, or what item to get for the person that i can't find for some reason

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I've accepted that mysty and the tower of paradise will never but translated, but I don't know how to self translate or do any of that.... a step by step would be nice, but i understand that's asking too much.... i just can't get past a certain floor that needs to be past to progress the game cuz I don't know who to talk, where to go, or what item to get for the person that i can't find for some reason
I made a guide in hopes that it would improve MTLs or lessen them but it is a pretty good step by step guide (If I do say so myself. I am bias though lol)

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-better...-guide-to-translating-with-the-machine.62067/

Reactions: Jasra343

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
I made a guide in hopes that it would improve MTLs or lessen them but it is a pretty good step by step guide (If I do say so myself. I am bias though lol)

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-better...-guide-to-translating-with-the-machine.62067/
[+] Filename: C:\Users\TheJoe\Desktop\Want English\Paize Knightess Ellen And The Dungeon Town Of Sodom v.1.10\ペイズの騎士エレン.exe
[+] MD5: 9ebc7dd20fa66f5deabfd8873a4ed8c6
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked.

everytime I try to run a game through the enigmavbunpacker, this happens

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
[+] Filename: C:\Users\TheJoe\Desktop\Want English\Paize Knightess Ellen And The Dungeon Town Of Sodom v.1.10\ペイズの騎士エレン.exe
[+] MD5: 9ebc7dd20fa66f5deabfd8873a4ed8c6
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked.

everytime I try to run a game through the enigmavbunpacker, this happens
First try and shorten the Directory path. Long directory paths fuck things up usually. Second check to see if the game is already extracted. Third make sure it is RPGM MV