[Translation Request] Nasty Fallen Hero Karen

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
First try and shorten the Directory path. Long directory paths fuck things up usually. Second check to see if the game is already extracted. Third make sure it is RPGM MV
dangit.... so i need a payed for version of rpg maker mv or otherwise to even trick the translator..... that sux i'll have to wait for a steam sale

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
dangit.... so i need a payed for version of rpg maker mv or otherwise to even trick the translator..... that sux i'll have to wait for a steam sale
EDIT: sorry misread.

Yes, you do need it. but you can find copies of the program a lot of places.

Zimal

Dec 29, 2019
I found this tool that does not alter the game files and work for this game and all the other ressentiment games I tried.

It will trigger your antivirus like crazy though with the way it work. But since most of you probably also use a VM to play these games (if you are not, do it, it's way safer), so even if there is a virus it'll have a limited impact.
You can even edit texts while in the game, I have not found a way to make it stick though, so if anyone find out how and could share...

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Here's a full gallery unlock. The Save in Slot20 is virgin, just before the boss fight.

I am working on a Partial right now to translate the UI. Translating all the events is a little much for me right now, but a UI partial at least is easy enough.

There is a reason for that. They use a scenario.json file for the majority of the text and MTLer's don't know how to get to that file with their fancy little programs and people who do don't want to make their eyes bleed going through the entire script with a text editor to translate the text. You also have to manually keep track of the amount of characters used so they don't flow out of the text box. There might be easier ways but I haven't looked into them. I just know from personal experience translating ressentiment games is a major pain in the ass lol. Here is a screenshot of how the H events look behind the scenes for reference :)

View attachment 1342097
Yeah, I am not excited for this. I think it will probably follow a similar JSON walking strategy I've been using for other MV games, but it's monstrous in size, even if the actual scraping is easy.

One tip, for people who are working with JSONs directly, is that if you have a competent JSON editor, or want to use the tiniest bit of Python, you can save the file in a format that is more human readable.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

readable.png

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Figured out an effective means of scraping the Scenario files. There are 1121 different events contained within Scenario.json, with 24481 unique lines of dialogue. I have them split up into files, so it's easy to work event by event. If anyone wants to work on them, it would be a lot easier than doing it by directly editing the Scenario.json file itself. Shoot me a DM and I'll send you a link.

Ugh, Ressentiment, why do you use so many custom plugins! So frustrating to find all the weird menu items and parameters, just put them in the base game where they are easy to scrape. Boo.

Also, maybe Silentce you will know this, but the YEPMessageCore.js I tried to add gave me a 'Argument must be Rectangle' error when booting. I assume there is a non-rectangular textbox in the game (???) that is giving that error. Any experience with fixing that?

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Figured out an effective means of scraping the Scenario files. There are 1121 different events contained within Scenario.json, with 24481 unique lines of dialogue. I have them split up into files, so it's easy to work event by event. If anyone wants to work on them, it would be a lot easier than doing it by directly editing the Scenario.json file itself. Shoot me a DM and I'll send you a link.

Ugh, Ressentiment, why do you use so many custom plugins! So frustrating to find all the weird menu items and parameters, just put them in the base game where they are easy to scrape. Boo.

Also, maybe Silentce you will know this, but the YEPMessageCore.js I tried to add gave me a 'Argument must be Rectangle' error when booting. I assume there is a non-rectangular textbox in the game (???) that is giving that error. Any experience with fixing that?
Is this game made in MZ? Because I have seen mentions of this error when using a MV plugin with an MZ game. Aside from that the only other thing I can think of is that the game is using a custom text box and the plugin can't recognize it, however that wouldn't be anything I have personally seen myself before.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Is this game made in MZ? Because I have seen mentions of this error when using a MV plugin with an MZ game. Aside from that the only other thing I can think of is that the game is using a custom text box and the plugin can't recognize it, however that wouldn't be anything I have personally seen myself before.
That might do it. Is there a wordwrapping script available for MZ games that I could just drop in and adjust in plugins.js?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Building your own code to translate games is a lot of fun.

integrationhell.png

So much bug fixing and troubleshooting still to do, but the MTL is mostly done, it's just a matter of getting it into the game in a fashion that is readable. Some of the H-scenes use speech bubbles rather than the standard RPGM textbox, so wordwrapping is going to be a pain in the ass even if I write code to insert manual breaks. Hopefully there is a way to tell speech bubble from text box somewhere.

I also may have made a mistake in doing the MTL. I had found 3 seconds was long enough to get reliable translation from DeepL doing Illborne and Quarta Knight Emerald, but it gave some extremely poor results doing this game. Depending on the MTL quality, I might just redo the whole batch, since it seems unusually poor. Even to the point of throwing in some really weird complete misses.

orlydeepl.png

(in Japanese).... really, DeepL? I never, never would have guessed it was in Japanese.

Last edited: