[Translation Request] Nasty Fallen Hero Karen

larryrunner

Nov 20, 2018
I love seeing you knowledgeable people trying to figure out how to deal with this circle's games, because as said before, they are really criminally undertranslated. I hope it can lead to some of the older ones of theirs getting some love aswell.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Welp, you'd need latest version of Translator++ to use it for this. (Saves a lot of time manually translating, not that you won't need troubleshooting error anyways lul)
Also sometimes they also use pictures so you'd have to translate those too.
For editing Java, Notepad++ should be enough
is a nice add-on to arrange them code from this:
This.PNG
To this:
To this.PNG

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I love seeing you knowledgeable people trying to figure out how to deal with this circle's games, because as said before, they are really criminally undertranslated. I hope it can lead to some of the older ones of theirs getting some love aswell.
The Narukami Occult Club games have been on my list since I started doing translation work, but new games keep on getting released that are completely untranslated that I want to translate. It's a struggle.

Welp, you'd need latest version of Translator++ to use it for this. (Saves a lot of time manually translating, not that you won't need troubleshooting error anyways lul)
Also sometimes they also use pictures so you'd have to translate those too.
For editing Java, Notepad++ should be enough
is a nice add-on to arrange them code from this:
View attachment 1362466
To this:
View attachment 1362467
Part of the fun of translating for me is writing my own code. I know I could use Translator++, but it's a hobby project and I prefer troubleshooting my own code rather than someone else's. Translating the pictures is not too hard really, font matching is the biggest challenge. Something to remember though.

The JSON-Viewer add-on is a nice recommend though. I've been using Python to just create readable versions of the json files and that has worked okay, but that is better.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
The Narukami Occult Club games have been on my list since I started doing translation work, but new games keep on getting released that are completely untranslated that I want to translate. It's a struggle.

Part of the fun of translating for me is writing my own code. I know I could use Translator++, but it's a hobby project and I prefer troubleshooting my own code rather than someone else's. Translating the pictures is not too hard really, font matching is the biggest challenge. Something to remember though.

The JSON-Viewer add-on is a nice recommend though. I've been using Python to just create readable versions of the json files and that has worked okay, but that is better.
Yeah, glad that helped even for a bit, also your font used in the translation could use some resizing, dunno why but I feel like they're too small.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuninKai

zerosakodl

Jul 31, 2020
I'm pretty happy that someone is trying to translate this =D
If anyone want the full game (only got the 1.02 version) let me know and I'll post up a mega link.

I went through the entire game and from what I can see, you just need to complete it to unlock the entire gallery at the end.

Reactions: Blitztooth

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Ended up redoing the MTL from scratch. Increased the wait time to get better results, which meant that I spent over 72 hours with my DeepL script running in the background. Fortunately, their anti-bot protection system doesn't actually protect them against bots. Bless DeepL, it's trying its best.

cantread.png

Got a lot more integration hell to get through for a functional partial to be released, but it is in the works.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Update on the translation. Most of the UI elements needing translation are buried in the much less malleable and much more error prone plugin files. These have been a pain to translate effectively, but I'm getting closer to a full UI partial.

Reactions: CoffeeBoy

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

is now available

THIS REQUIRES YOUR OWN COPY OF THE GAME. JPNv1.09 (what is readily available) should work, but I made it on my purchased copy with JPNv1.10.

Some translation elements, like the name of the protagonist, will not be carried over from saves.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

jamzaz1

Apr 1, 2020
+1
Bought the game on dlsite and even paid for the latest version of translator++ but still couldn't get it work properly..
I just tried using the patch MuninKai posted and it only translates the menu. None of the conversations are translated. Also, my copy that i bought from dlsite does not have a www folder.. I tried unpacking with the decryptor but i can't because there is no rgass(?) file. Help plz

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
+1
Bought the game on dlsite and even paid for the latest version of translator++ but still couldn't get it work properly..
I just tried using the patch MuninKai posted and it only translates the menu. None of the conversations are translated. Also, my copy that i bought from dlsite does not have a www folder.. I tried unpacking with the decryptor but i can't because there is no rgass(?) file. Help plz
You are probably using the wrong unpacking tool. You have to use Enigma not the RPGM decrypter.