• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others [Translation Request] [NONE] Footjob Girls! [Dryad's Forest]

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
if you can get an extracted copy of the xp3 file, it should be simple to make a translation using translator++, i believe it uses the kirikiri scripting engine.
xp3 are easy to open but hard to translate, especially UI.
I made a partial at some point until I decided it was not worth the effort (it was edited MTL anyway so no real a loss there).
You would need at least 2 people for this TL (TLor and programmer) + some serious playtesting.
Someone could make a piece a code to replace text (like rpg maker trans) so the TLor does not hang himself from working with xp3 filled with command lines.
There are software to translate as you play but they don't edit the code for you.
Oh and I forgot, there are pictures to translate too (yes, except dialogues, everything is pictures, and it needs to fit in the UI--always fun).

TL;DR you need tools and a team

Aug 14, 2018
xp3 are easy to open but hard to translate, especially UI.
I made a partial at some point until I decided it was not worth the effort (it was edited MTL anyway so no real a loss there).
You would need at least 2 people for this TL (TLor and programmer) + some serious playtesting.
Someone could make a piece a code to replace text (like rpg maker trans) so the TLor does not hang himself from working with xp3 filled with command lines.
There are software to translate as you play but they don't edit the code for you.
Oh and I forgot, there are pictures to translate too (yes, except dialogues, everything is pictures, and it needs to fit in the UI--always fun).

TL;DR you need tools and a team
as i said in my message, translator++ can help with the translation portion, i have plenty who could help on both ends, but extracting the xp3 file was the hang-up for me, as most of the software out there just didn't work for it. might have been caused by windows 10 breaking everything of old.

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
as i said in my message, translator++ can help with the translation portion, i have plenty who could help on both ends, but extracting the xp3 file was the hang-up for me, as most of the software out there just didn't work for it. might have been caused by windows 10 breaking everything of old.
I don't remember what software I used but it definitively worked for me.
It was something like decrypt the file then open with notepad++.
There were ~10-15 files source file (pics excluded).
I was using vista or 8 at that time, don't know if windows 10 has a problem.

Edit: It looks like I've used KrkrExtract
I'm posting a link to the source code when I get authorization to post links.
I've done some UI and some story. I still have the unmodified .ks
1609702942793.png

Last edited:

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
Here, decrypted files + some translation. I wouldn't trust it though. Some of it can be salvaged for a proper translation. Contains some of the original gimp files too. I would recommend you use git or similar with the text files to monitor the progress/changes.

In the end you will still need KrkrExtract to work one way or the other.

xUNOwen

Nov 20, 2018
Here, decrypted files + some translation. I wouldn't trust it though. Some of it can be salvaged for a proper translation. Contains some of the original gimp files too. I would recommend you use git or similar with the text files to monitor the progress/changes.

In the end you will still need KrkrExtract to work one way or the other.
Can you explain me how this work? I downloaded the game but says windows cannot open it when I try to translate with krkrextract

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
Can you explain me how this work? I downloaded the game but says windows cannot open it when I try to translate with krkrextract
I haven't opened the game in ages, from what I can remember:

1- Use krkrextract to decrypt the game data file (the most voluminous one in a clean game folder: it contains all the game files in an encrypted format)
2- Check you can now safely launch the game after renaming/deleting the data files (same as you would without decryption).
(1 and 2 are basically the same as decrypting an RPG maker game. The difference is that the decrypted files can be opened/edited with any text editor.)

3- You can now open the decrypted file and edit them (! this is raw code so do not expect all the source code to be only text, expect a game's code because that's what it is)
4- You can replace the file the decrypted files with translated files or translate them yourself
I stand by my statement that the game files are shit and a pain to edit.
As a precaution be sure to use a System as close to what the dev used when making the game. Local Jap, etc.* If it works for someone be sure to tell so I don't get flooded by confused users.

If a TL team needs a dev to help them focus on TLing only, feel free to contact me. I entertain the thought of learning python and I would have fun making a patcher using python. I do have the skills to make it happen.
Also if a TL team is really stuck unable to make the game work we can debug it together and see what's the issue.

From what I can gather some people are stuck at step 1. I know for sure that krkrextract works for Windows 7 (or whatever my system was at the time). I cannot say for Windows 8/10. (*) When you are working with text files many unseen shenanigans can happen so there's that.

You cannot use my files as-is. I just gave translated files that are part of the decrypted file. The whole game contains pics, etc. You should be able to procure both krkrextract and the game the decrypt it, etc.