Others [Translation Request] [NONE] Footjob Girls! [Dryad's Forest]

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
Alright, this has gone on for long enough. I will start working on an open-source translation.
This game needs:
- A gimp/photoshop guy for pictures
- A playtester
- An editor to scream at the translator in case of Engrish, typos (fluent English mandatory)
- A dev to work with the source code, the UI, and fix the bugs that still exist in the jap version (that's me)
- A translator to scream at the editor in case of rewrite (preferably fluent Japanese but beginner using tools and time is also viable)
Wannabe translators can use any tool as long as they can keep track of the untranslated version for each translated paragraph. Direct translation in the source code is ill-advised. Hook/cheat engine based tools should not be used for a finalized TL.

This is a lot of work for a single translator and I do not expect anyone to do a truly good job alone.

I start this WE by doing some regex magic to parse the Japanese in the game files. Python looks cute so I will use that for the patcher. If no one shows up then I will take my time and do a partial (names and such, my current Jap level is nowhere near high enough for a complete translation in a reasonable time frame). Eventually, I will complete the files with an auto-translator and auto-editor. It will be understandable, i-e better than a raw MTL or using agth and the like, but it will never be great until the first contributors show up. I have already done that under a different username: Open-source will get things done, eventually.

Also, about KrKrextract: Windows has flagged the file as a virus so nothing can be done about it unless you know what you are doing. Though I do not trust it as much, another software works and I was able to extract xp3 files, without aggravating Windows:

A thread will be made when I have something to show.

KrakenKiller

Aug 12, 2019
I can read/write front-end languages, javascript, java, and c#. Currently working as full-stack dev in banking. Should be able to understand some code tid bits if needed..

Don't know Japanese and have no idea how to unpack or do anything with these games. If anyone can point me towards a guide so I can read up on some context it would be helpful

Reactions: Fauser123

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
I can read/write front-end languages, javascript, java, and c#. Currently working as full-stack dev in banking. Should be able to understand some code tid bits if needed..

Don't know Japanese and have no idea how to unpack or do anything with these games. If anyone can point me towards a guide so I can read up on some context it would be helpful
There are no guides but it's fairly simple.

1 - Download a clean copy of the game. Download the software following the link
2 - Open the software and select the data.xp3 file, unpack
3 - This creates a data folder somewhere you can use instead of data.xp3, place it in the game folder then rename or delete data.xp3
4 - Open the files in the data folder. It's a mix of markup and actual programming language. All the meat is interpreted language so you can run the .exe after editing any part of the source code.

Feel free to scan the software with your personal antivirus because the source code does not appear to be open source :(

I'll be making something in python so instead of markup, TLor will be able to work with WYSIWYG like they do with translator++, agth, etc. A few scripts could make the tool very flexible. It will make the translation less scary. If you have ideas, feel free to share them too.

KrakenKiller

Aug 12, 2019
Ohh cool, looks like you wrote up a lot of instructions already earlier on, and thanks for those buzzwords. I'll take a look at some point

I hate python lol but ok markup sounds good. Very convenient that you can run and test so easily

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
Quick update on the translation.
Source code is 5MB, characters to translate are about 600k 700k. :eek:

The current script takes source code like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And reduce it down to this:
No fancy UI so far, only text files.

I am now I am done replacing all the text with placeholders to see what breaks.

I am still at step 0. I could do a partial already but I would rather not edit the source code directly. At least not if I can avoid it.

Again, feel free to post if you have any skills you can contribute to this project.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019
Quick update on the translation.
Source code is 5MB, characters to translate are about 600k 700k. :eek:

The current script takes source code like this:

And reduce it down to this:
No fancy UI so far, only text files.

I am now I am done replacing all the text with placeholders to see what breaks.

I am still at step 0. I could do a partial already but I would rather not edit the source code directly. At least not if I can avoid it.

Again, feel free to post if you have any skills you can contribute to this project.
so how are things going with the project?

shivan

Jun 22, 2018
Maybe an auto-translator? so need less work to do after and we can have at least a v0.01a translation version, I should start learn some of them