Others [Translation Request] [None] Henshin!!! ~Pantsu ni Natte Kunkun Peropero [Final] [May-Be Soft]

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
Oh dang, I'll have to mess with this at some point when I have the time. If I can get all the text out and run it through Translator ++ there will at least be a decent starting point for a translation

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
1631521555805.png
Good News, it works. Bad News, I have no easy way to translate this. Translator ++ only really accepts spreadsheets (.xml, .xls, etc.) And unless you can some sort of programming magic to dump, just the japanese text in a way that I can just put it through DeepL or google in a batch.

Reactions: Skyzenski

Skyzenski

Apr 6, 2018
+1!
P/s: Try the game today with my best friend Textractor...btw Nanaco look very like fusion of Fuku (Tenchi Muyou) + Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Last edited:

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
View attachment 1402590
Good News, it works. Bad News, I have no easy way to translate this. Translator ++ only really accepts spreadsheets (.xml, .xls, etc.) And unless you can some sort of programming magic to dump, just the japanese text in a way that I can just put it through DeepL or google in a batch.
what sort of file types are the game data stored in?

TLGB25

Oct 25, 2019
Played this years ago, great visual novel. Would love to see other works in the series translated too.

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
what sort of file types are the game data stored in?
man I do not remember, but I can have another look. I enjoyed this one enough to give it another try

EDIT:

After looking the extractor is right herr on this thread. The text is stored in txt files, but there are pieces of code in there as well that can't be disturbed. So there'd have to be something to take it out and replace it without disturbing that part. here's one of the files as an example

Last edited:

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
man I do not remember, but I can have another look. I enjoyed this one enough to give it another try

EDIT:

After looking the extractor is right herr on this thread. The text is stored in txt files, but there are pieces of code in there as well that can't be disturbed. So there'd have to be something to take it out and replace it without disturbing that part. here's one of the files as an example
Hmm... Yeah It might not be impossible to program a parser of some kind to extract the text from the file into a new file

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019

EDIT:

this file is ran from cmd, just drop it in the location with the text file and type "module1.py [text file name]"

If it isn't what you are looking for lemme know, It puts every new "text" on its own line

EDIT: I changed it slightly cause id messed up some of the file checking stuff (right now it would have only worked right with the one you sent but now it should be fine now.

Output file of the one you sent:

Last edited:

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017

this file is ran from cmd, just drop it in the location with the text file and type "module1.py [text file name]"

If it isn't what you are looking for lemme know, It puts every new "text" on its own line

EDIT: I changed it slightly cause id messed up some of the file checking stuff (right now it would have only worked right with the one you sent but now it should be fine now.

Output file of the one you sent:

there are like 30-40 .txt files that I'd need to do so if there's a way to batch process them I'd like that. Before I saw this module I attempted to run everything through a custom parser in translator++ and that didn't work it messed up the games code a bunch.

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
Also I ran the module on one of the scenes and all it gave me was useless text

to help you figure it out, here's a link to all the text files I think are relevant

Edit: I fixed one of the glitches where it crashes the game but all text is empty or just says "「」" . it got a lot farther before it crashed again

Last edited:

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
I've figured out a way to get the text to display, for some reason the normally blank part with just the () or 「」 works if you fill it with something....not sure what to do with this

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
to help you figure it out, here's a link to all the text files I think are relevant
So looking at these they appear to be slightly different than the version you originally gave me. If nothing else I could grab them all and output the text to a folder that you can then use. As for the garbled text you are looking at...I want to say that has something to do with encoding. Its possible that its on your end but I assume you have the japanese language packs already installed.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019

here are the .py and the folder with the original and extracted versions of your files. The module now accepts either a file or a folder.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
how would I insert the text back into the original file?
Unfortunately that would need to be done manually. It would be possible to write a file parser that can do it but it would require a lot more work...

1. you would need to supple the source file and read through until you found a quote.
2. go line by line in the extracted(or rather translated) file and replace the found quote with that line.

I can try working on it but no promises as I basically used google to figure out my other file.