Others [Translation Request] [None] Henshin!!! ~Pantsu ni Natte Kunkun Peropero [Final] [May-Be Soft]

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
translator++ has a parser but for some reason the regex doesn't do duplicates of the same text so it only gives one of each type of empty quotation marks

Jul 7, 2017
I've attached a quick (low-quality) machine translation I made today, by using the extractor/replacer tool from the first page with some of my own scripts and Google Translate. Some caveats:
  • Only the contents of the dialogue box have been translated. Buttons aren't translated, NPCs' names aren't translated when they speak, etcetera.
  • It seems like the game crashes when it sees an apostrophe in dialogue, so I replaced every ' in the translation with ` instead. I also avoided quotation marks, because it looks like the extractor/replacer tool uses them as delimiters.
  • I removed all of the (Y=...) code from the translated text because I didn't want to spend time fixing it properly, and getting those wrong was making the game crash. I don't know what that stuff does, maybe some minor visual or sound effect, so hopefully it's not too important.
  • If you use this, don't load old save files (from before this translation was applied). I think it jumps to the wrong part of the code or something (due to the translation changing the size of each string), making the game immediately crash.
If someone tries this out and finds a crash, then let me know what caused it (i.e. the exact line of dialogue it was at when it crashed).

Edit: I received a report about a crash which I think happened because of the machine translator changing non-standard parentheses () to regular parenthesis (), which I'm guessing the game engine sees as code. I've replaced pretty much all the parentheses, so hopefully that's fixed now.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017
For those of you possibly interested in making a higher quality version of the above MTL, I'm attaching the python script I used to apply my machine translation to the extracted text files. It takes three arguments: the directory with the extracted files (produced by the tool from this thread's first page), a CSV file (spreadsheet) with the translated text, and the output directory (where you want it to put translated versions of the extracted files).

For the CSV file this script uses as input, just download a copy of the following spreadsheet in CSV format (either before or after modifying the translation in the fourth column):

Jul 7, 2017
Just as a quick proof of concept, I translated the buttons on the title screen. It turns out that replacing the images in this game is a pretty straightforward process, once you know how:
1) Extract the images from the CGPACK.pak file, saving them in BMP format in the CG directory. You can do this with the open-source tool GARbro.
2) Edit the BMP image.
That's it! You don't need to convert the edited images back to .gr format or repack them or anything.

If you extract the attached file into your game directory then the title screen's buttons will be in english (but only after the opening animation is done, and only while you're not highlighting the button, because I only edited the one image).

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
For those of you possibly interested in making a higher quality version of the above MTL, I'm attaching the python script I used to apply my machine translation to the extracted text files. It takes three arguments: the directory with the extracted files (produced by the tool from this thread's first page), a CSV file (spreadsheet) with the translated text, and the output directory (where you want it to put translated versions of the extracted files).

For the CSV file this script uses as input, just download a copy of the following spreadsheet in CSV format (either before or after modifying the translation in the fourth column):
I translated the game using the latest yojet sugoi MTL but....the game crashed so if you could take a look at my csv and possibly fix it...I'd be grateful

Jul 7, 2017
I translated the game using the latest yojet sugoi MTL but....the game crashed so if you could take a look at my csv and possibly fix it...I'd be grateful
At a quick glance, I see three problems, each of come from one the issues I mentioned in one of my posts earlier:
  • Your translation uses a large number of apostrophes. This shitty game engine is highly allergic to the ' symbol, and will instantly crash upon encountering one.
  • You used regular parentheses in your dialogue translations. This game engine basically uses parentheses for code -- stuff like changing the color of text, I think. When the game engine sees a piece of code like "(Okay, no one's noticed for a while now. I really have become a chair and melted into the background...)" it has no idea what to do with it, so it'll throw an error and probably crash.
  • You changed the existing code, for example, changing (Y=ブ) to (Y = B). This sort of thing will cause errors and possibly crash the game.

Reactions: No-Nonon

joeyjojos

Jul 28, 2017
At a quick glance, I see three problems, each of come from one the issues I mentioned in one of my posts earlier:
  • Your translation uses a large number of apostrophes. This shitty game engine is highly allergic to the ' symbol, and will instantly crash upon encountering one.
  • You used regular parentheses in your dialogue translations. This game engine basically uses parentheses for code -- stuff like changing the color of text, I think. When the game engine sees a piece of code like "(Okay, no one's noticed for a while now. I really have become a chair and melted into the background...)" it has no idea what to do with it, so it'll throw an error and probably crash.
  • You changed the existing code, for example, changing (Y=ブ) to (Y = B). This sort of thing will cause errors and possibly crash the game.
I just ran it through Translator ++ so I'll see what I can do to fix those things

Reactions: No-Nonon

Poxelie

Nov 18, 2022
Hope there's still a chance of this being translated some day. The devs of this game also have another game called Cha~nge! ~Ano Ko ni Natte Kunkun Peropero~ where the main character becomes girls instead of objects.

Reactions: Skyzenski