RPGM [Translation Request] REsolution -In Another World, the Hero is Toyed with through Status Effects-

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Not all heroes wear capes,just dont abandone the work without saying like some assholes do ok?
Trust me, I at least want to see a coherent version of this game's dialog.

As for an update, plugging along with Translator++. It is slow going and not fully sure of the context with some lines based on how Translator++ pulls out the text (e.g. is text line 454 responding to text line 453 or a different scene all together, Translator++ pulls all events into one list so it is hard to tell). The refining phase is going to be key to ensure I capture the intent for each scene, this first part is grunt work getting the words to an 80% solution.

Also, confirmed that there are scripts that display text which are overlooked by Translator++. Going to do those as well but it will add time, improperly changing those will break the game (e.g. using an apostrophe for dialog tend to break rpg maker on these scripts).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Content warning - While briefly skimming some text, I believe there reference of one enemy changing MtF off screen in this game (unable to confirm until I get to that part). If that is a deal breaker don't complain to me, the lowly translator. But when looking at the art assets it only has women and the MC so who knows...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fanatic Vortex

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Additionally, I am going to keep Japanese honorifics unless there is a major push back. I find it easier to convey intent by keeping those in without having to include additional dialog to convey the same intent.

Jan 2, 2020
Additionally, I am going to keep Japanese honorifics unless there is a major push back. I find it easier to convey intent by keeping those in without having to include additional dialog to convey the same intent.
I agree,I would like to help you but I dont know japanese or have exp with translating games but if you have a idea how tell me and I will help.

Reactions: sportsfan30

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I agree,I would like to help you but I dont know japanese or have exp with translating games but if you have a idea how tell me and I will help.
Thanks for the offer but I can't guarantee a consistent pace and do not want other translators waiting on me to finish a section.

As for not knowing Japanese, in this day and age it isn't a true requirement. I use a combination of different online translation tools plus situation context for the translation. It takes additional time cross checking the dialog to ensure the intent is captured but is still a good final product.

If you want experience just find a game and jump into the deep end. I use translator++ for initial batch translation then double check each line using ( , , and ). If you are working on an RPG Maker game it doesn't hurt / is recommended to have a copy of the development software (e.g. in this case RPG Maker MV) to pull the files into a custom project file to ensure there is nothing broken. If you are broke just wait for a humble bundle sale.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Alright decided to backtrack on a previous statement. Going to release an early patch for any who want to help and play test my current work.

So far I have focused on backend related text (skills, armor, weapons, states, descriptions, etc). If you try this patch, please let me know if you encounter any bugs mid-combat. Animations should work and all buffs/debuffs should be in English. If you see any debuff names or descriptions that bleed past the black box please let me know (see attached pic for an example).

Do note that the story text is in Engrish. I am just now beginning to work on the story and as such I can't guarantee that it will make sense right now.

Also, I noticed during the defeat scene against the slime that her name is untranslated. Long story short, post combat scenes use variables for names instead of writing each name out. Those variables will be translated during the next phase (refining / polishing). Just need to ensure I do not break anything when translating them.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Also going to post a fantastic game guide I saw on hemdomblog. Full credit goes to anonacc3.

Recommend you go visit that site and check out his other post showing his strategies for certain fights. He did a fantastic job while not understanding the text.

Jan 2, 2020
Alright decided to backtrack on a previous statement. Going to release an early patch for any who want to help and play test my current work.

So far I have focused on backend related text (skills, armor, weapons, states, descriptions, etc). If you try this patch, please let me know if you encounter any bugs mid-combat. Animations should work and all buffs/debuffs should be in English. If you see any debuff names or descriptions that bleed past the black box please let me know (see attached pic for an example).

Do note that the story text is in Engrish. I am just now beginning to work on the story and as such I can't guarantee that it will make sense right now.

Also, I noticed during the defeat scene against the slime that her name is untranslated. Long story short, post combat scenes use variables for names instead of writing each name out. Those variables will be translated during the next phase (refining / polishing). Just need to ensure I do not break anything when translating them.

I think i will help you by testing the game,do you have discord?

Reactions: sportsfan30

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
This is looking great dude. Much more playable with the english text and the animations still work.

Here's some text bleed I found, although I didn't check every status effect. Forgive the crappy collage of screenshots, lol.
Thanks that is really helpful. Wasn't sure if some of the text would be that bad but it was and didn't account for the stacking levels.

One pain is that this developer loves ancient European lore, between old Greek mythology and Irish folklore. Will make some updates later tonight and put out a new patch.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
This is looking great dude. Much more playable with the english text and the animations still work.

Here's some text bleed I found, although I didn't check every status effect. Forgive the crappy collage of screenshots, lol.
Updated patch with adjusted debuffs. Hate how much info can be packed into a few Japanese characters, outside shrinking the font size I have to give up descriptive words for shorter words.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

For this patch I adjusted the placement of debuff LV to before the number and changed some of the longer debuffs / descriptions to better fit within the black box. Since this is my main build it does include the completed prologue, battle tutorial, and loss scene against the Slime girl if you want to compare my work against the Engrish.

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Here to post an update before I quit for the day. Happy to announce that Chapter 1 is completed (minus battle pop up text which will be addressed in the next phase). This leaves Chapters 2 through 5 before I move my work to RPG Maker to translate variables & combat pop-up text.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Question for those who care, any font preference for when I get to the artwork rework? Got a few samples, please let me know which is preferred (or if you have a better font type). Including a blank template for the chapter 1 if you want to try your hand at it.

Jan 2, 2020
Question for those who care, any font preference for when I get to the artwork rework? Got a few samples, please let me know which is preferred (or if you have a better font type). Including a blank template for the chapter 1 if you want to try your hand at it.
The third looks best

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Segoe Print it is. Was able to clean a template for each chapter so it should be easy to add text once I get to that step.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: vaan21

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Another update.

Hit a good pace and was able to finish up Chapters 2 & 3. At present, I am 40% complete with Chapter 4. Must say I am enjoying the story, more so then I thought for this type of game.

Current goal is to have the initial translation completed by this weekend then move on to the refining. Took a brief look in RPG Maker and the combat text seems easy enough but will not know until I make the changes and try to run the game.

For those who have played any previous patches, I did notice the line clipping issues with the picture book and I plan to address that before moving on from Translator++.

As I get closer to finishing this I have been kicking around the idea of picking up a new project once this is done. Really tempted to work on a certain Wolf RPG game but not sure how easy it is to translate one of those. Not going to name the game just in case my attempts fail spectacularly and I don't want to raise any hopes until I can get a proof of concept. Will play around with it before I post anything more on this idea.

My next update will be after I finish the Initial Translation phase.

Reactions: Nick_1357

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Hey all got an update. Was able to finish all the translator++ work and decided to knock out the artwork as well.

Going to release a patch tonight of my updated progress for those who want to try it out. My next step is to dig into each event and translate enemy combat text and pop up dialog. Not sure how long that will take, need to ensure no syntax errors occur.

As for the artwork, ended up translating each picture that had text on it. There is only one set of images in the game files untranslated. During the fight against Melam as she starts to control you, an animation plays with moving text. There are 65 still shots of the animation, with seven distinct text that fades in, moves across the screen, then fade out. I don't have the motivation to modify each individual image. If there are any takers or if someone knows how to make the change quickly please let me know. I can provide the translation of each text box and decrypted pictures.

To install the patch just override your www folder. This patch contains JS, img, and data folders. And realize, the names in the defeat scenes are still untranslated. Those are variables which I am working on next.

Last edited: