RPGM Partial [Translation Request][RPGM][None] +EXORCIST+ Chris and the Cursed Town [1.04] [happypink]

Jul 12, 2020
where do I copy the patch files to......I dont see any Data or graphics folder in the game directory
I copied the patch files to the game directory and it didnt do anything.

Last edited:

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
where do I copy the patch files to......I dont see any Data or graphics folder in the game directory
I copied the patch files to the game directory and it didnt do anything.
If you don't see those folders, they are bundled up in an .rgss or .rgss3a (something like that) type file and have to be unpacked by a decrypter program that can be found in the tools and tutorials section of the forums. Ryahn's Collection of Tools contains All Decrypter for that plus a host of other useful programs for Ren'Py and other types of games. It's a little confusing the first time but then it gets easy to unpack and replace files. It's worth learning how because it will come up again and again. Just back up any file before you mess around with it. Hope that helps.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
If you don't see those folders, they are bundled up in an .rgss or .rgss3a (something like that) type file and have to be unpacked by a decrypter program that can be found in the tools and tutorials section of the forums. Ryahn's Collection of Tools contains All Decrypter for that plus a host of other useful programs for Ren'Py and other types of games. It's a little confusing the first time but then it gets easy to unpack and replace files. It's worth learning how because it will come up again and again. Just back up any file before you mess around with it. Hope that helps.
Question. Any idea of how might i deal with a "RGSS301.dll cannot be found and won't open"?

Especially considering i did a quick search and according to it the dll IS there in the folder?? Lost and unable to play so far.

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
Question. Any idea of how might i deal with a "RGSS301.dll cannot be found and won't open"?

Especially considering i did a quick search and according to it the dll IS there in the folder?? Lost and unable to play so far.
Usually those dll errors are from not having the right version of RPGMaker, in this case RPGM VX Ace installed or not running Jap Locale when needed for a lot of Japanese games, causing the instructions for finding the dll to get scrambled. It's also necessary sometimes to unzip the game again after setting the computer up for Japanese because it might have gotten code corrupted when it was unzipped with English settings. There's probably more things to try but I'm too sleepy to think of them right now.

Reactions: Sonico

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Usually those dll errors are from not having the right version of RPGMaker, in this case RPGM VX Ace installed or not running Jap Locale when needed for a lot of Japanese games, causing the instructions for finding the dll to get scrambled. It's also necessary sometimes to unzip the game again after setting the computer up for Japanese because it might have gotten code corrupted when it was unzipped with English settings. There's probably more things to try but I'm too sleepy to think of them right now.
How can i check if the Jap Locale is not running and if so, deal with it? Or should i just reinstall RPGM VX Ace too?

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
How can i check if the Jap Locale is not running and if so, deal with it? Or should i just reinstall RPGM VX Ace too?
Check here
https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/
Look at System Locale for Non-Unicode Programs
Have you run other VX Ace games with no problem? I'd try the suggestions on that page before reinstalling VX Ace. If none of that works, you could redownload the game in case something got corrupted, and I seem to remember some game that wouldn't run until I downloaded the runtime from a Japanese website but that's not likely here and it's best to stick to the sources listed on the help forum.

Reactions: Sonico