RPGM Complete [Translation Request] SEQUEL colony [Leaf Geometry]

MrSerji

Sep 20, 2017
RJ253732_img_main.jpg
Game:

I like the previous two games very much and would be very happy about a translation of this part.
I myself can and will probably translate it by machine, but since I'm not so good at writing in English, I would find it difficult to correct it.

Many thanks in advance :D

Edit:
Download:

Many thanks to sub-par for the translation! :D

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MysterMani

MrSerji

Sep 20, 2017
I have now created a "patch" which translates the game (except for graphics) so far into English. Of course the whole translation is done by machine.

MrSerji

Sep 20, 2017
The machine translation is for people who want to play with it. My request is for a "correct" manual translation.
I'm thinking about learning to read Japanese. That would simplify a lot xD

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
Right. I still stand by my recommendation of not playing colony (or anything else that you like, but colony doubly so) with machine translation.

In any case, considering you posted this thread, you probably weren't aware that I'm working on colony's translation and have been for the better part of this month. I'm marginally more active on ULMF and my single post about it here is buried somewhere in the SEQUEL awake thread, so its understandable.

Good luck with Japanese if you decide to learn it. The only advice I can give you is that it's the hardest at the start but does eventually get easier. In the immortal words of nama-sensei, "it's work! you gotta do it!"

MrSerji

Sep 20, 2017
Okay, I wasn't aware of that :O
I'm glad that a translation is in the works, thanks for the effort :)

And thanks for the advice, I will take it to heart :)

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
Right. I still stand by my recommendation of not playing colony (or anything else that you like, but colony doubly so) with machine translation.

In any case, considering you posted this thread, you probably weren't aware that I'm working on colony's translation and have been for the better part of this month. I'm marginally more active on ULMF and my single post about it here is buried somewhere in the SEQUEL awake thread, so its understandable.

Good luck with Japanese if you decide to learn it. The only advice I can give you is that it's the hardest at the start but does eventually get easier. In the immortal words of nama-sensei, "it's work! you gotta do it!"
Do you have a link to the ULMF thread of the translation (if there is one) and got any possible estimate on how long it will take? I think you also translated SEQUEL awake and I really enjoyed the game, am about to check out blight.
Thank you for all the hard work on these.

Xeapher

Jan 7, 2019
+1,
tried searching on ULMF but there's only thread post about the game, not the translation

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
Do you have a link to the ULMF thread of the translation (if there is one) and got any possible estimate on how long it will take? I think you also translated SEQUEL awake and I really enjoyed the game, am about to check out blight.
Thank you for all the hard work on these.
+1,
tried searching on ULMF but there's only thread post about the game, not the translation
I haven't made a thread on ULMF yet because of the weird rules they've got. All threads without a link will get locked, as per rule "A link to the translation must be made accessible, though not necessarily downloadable." I don't really know what this means. Presumably they'd not lock my thread if I made a blog with a post that goes "hi i'm translating colony link will be here eventually" and put a link to it on the OP.

Either way, I'm working on it. Although ASYLUM has consumed all of my time and attention over the past few days. Game's too good.

I'm still estimating I'll have colony done in September. August is increasingly unlikely.

I found his profile with info. Left a little comment on it.
Unless you're theworldeaterjuan over at ULMF, I don't think I got your message.

《Blank》

Apr 13, 2020
Thank you for your hard work at translating the SEQUEL series.
Very much looking forward to the complete translation of SEQUEL Colony.

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
will you translating ASYLUM as well in the future ? :/
Current forecast for this is "probably", up from previous "maybe". I liked ASYLUM surprisingly much.

It's unlikely that I do it in the immediate future, since I'm both busy with colony and ASYLUM is still due to have content update(s) so I'm reluctant to start on it. I kind of don't want to mess with trying to port a translation project from one version of the game to another.

As per latest LeafGeo blog post, 1.10 will hopefully be finished in two weeks. However, any possible updates after that have not been confirmed or denied, as far as I know. I haven't crawled through every single blog comment, so excuse me if there's information about this somewhere.

For reference:
SEQUEL colony was released on 2019-07-01, had a small content update, then a larger final one on 2019-11-03 (last bugfix patch on 2019-12-27).
SEQUEL awake was released on 2018-06-01 and had one small final content update on 2018-06-23.
SEQUEL blight was released on 2017-03-01 and had a small content update, then a large content update, and another final small content update on 2017-07-15.

So if a large content update is coming for ASYLUM, it could be a couple months in development, which may delay my probable starting of the project.

《Blank》

Apr 13, 2020
Current forecast for this is "probably", up from previous "maybe". I liked ASYLUM surprisingly much.

It's unlikely that I do it in the immediate future, since I'm both busy with colony and ASYLUM is still due to have content update(s) so I'm reluctant to start on it. I kind of don't want to mess with trying to port a translation project from one version of the game to another.

As per latest LeafGeo blog post, 1.10 will hopefully be finished in two weeks. However, any possible updates after that have not been confirmed or denied, as far as I know. I haven't crawled through every single blog comment, so excuse me if there's information about this somewhere.

For reference:
SEQUEL colony was released on 2019-07-01, had a small content update, then a larger final one on 2019-11-03 (last bugfix patch on 2019-12-27).
SEQUEL awake was released on 2018-06-01 and had one small final content update on 2018-06-23.
SEQUEL blight was released on 2017-03-01 and had a small content update, then a large content update, and another final small content update on 2017-07-15.

So if a large content update is coming for ASYLUM, it could be a couple months in development, which may delay my probable starting of the project.
I'm not trying to force you but could you give me a rough estimation of how long it might take you to translate SEQUEL Colony.
Thank you for your hard work.

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
I'm not trying to force you but could you give me a rough estimation of how long it might take you to translate SEQUEL Colony.
Thank you for your hard work.
The estimate's still at September. At this point, I can confidently say that there will be no miracle August release. While I don't really know yet what my schedule will be like in September, I'm fairly certain it'll be flexible enough and I can get enough work in this week (I'm going to be somewhere else doing something else on the last week of August) so that a September release won't be a problem.

There's two major pieces of translation work that needs to be done:
-H-scene translation (4/70 done as of this writing--I've been leaving this task for last)
-Miniscene translation
-7 very easy image recreations
In total, that's about ~4500 textboxes of text. Translating H-scenes is a bit more draining for me than other work, so it's comparatively slow work.

In addition, there's other work that's very vital too:
-some manual edits necessitated by technical reasons (non-negotiable)
-proofreading/editing of conversation events
-proofreading/editing of item gifting conversations
-H-scene proofreading/editing
-might as well proofread enemy lore too, and I probably should check the more important item descriptions too
-proofreading of enemy attack text (this is a real pain in the ass to do for technical reasons so I might skip it, although I really shouldn't)
This is all reasonably fast and easy, except the last one which doesn't have a good workflow.

It sounds like a lot and it kind of is, but the majority of the game (ie. the most fun bits) is done. Just some dirty work left. ha ha ha jokes.

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
The estimate's still at September. At this point, I can confidently say that there will be no miracle August release. While I don't really know yet what my schedule will be like in September, I'm fairly certain it'll be flexible enough and I can get enough work in this week (I'm going to be somewhere else doing something else on the last week of August) so that a September release won't be a problem.

There's two major pieces of translation work that needs to be done:
-H-scene translation (4/70 done as of this writing--I've been leaving this task for last)
-Miniscene translation
-7 very easy image recreations
In total, that's about ~4500 textboxes of text. Translating H-scenes is a bit more draining for me than other work, so it's comparatively slow work.

In addition, there's other work that's very vital too:
-some manual edits necessitated by technical reasons (non-negotiable)
-proofreading/editing of conversation events
-proofreading/editing of item gifting conversations
-H-scene proofreading/editing
-might as well proofread enemy lore too, and I probably should check the more important item descriptions too
-proofreading of enemy attack text (this is a real pain in the ass to do for technical reasons so I might skip it, although I really shouldn't)
This is all reasonably fast and easy, except the last one which doesn't have a good workflow.

It sounds like a lot and it kind of is, but the majority of the game (ie. the most fun bits) is done. Just some dirty work left. ha ha ha jokes.
Name's Ranny on ULMF. Only left a message to thank you on one of your posts. Very grateful for the translations as most of us are, as we just cannot speak/read japanese. Games are plenty good even without the H aspect, so they're a good experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: sub-par