Others Complete [Translation Request][SLG] The Runaway Girl and Me [1.03][level1]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mepew

Oct 30, 2019
Please tell me someone who did the translation. How did you, after unzipping the files, pack them back into GPX format? Because using GxpPacker, when I try to pack back, I get the wrong GXP file format.

immortal08

Feb 10, 2023
I didn't actually get it to properly extract and re-pack the scripts, because that was more work than needed for my purposes. Something clearly changed in the format from what the tool was originally intended for, so the tool only finds a couple files it understands that it can unpack/repack, and it just blindly copies the rest of the data. You tell it to unpack it, and then immediately repack that because you don't want it to NOT include the few bits it DID understand.

You will almost certainly have to modify the tool to do anything useful with it. I did not need any sort of user interface or similar for my purposes, so I did not create one, and just edited the code and recompiled each time. I believe as provided, it will read in Strings.json (example provided in the ZIP), and in VALTYPE_GxStringUTF8.cs, it will search this JSON file for each string it loads, and if it finds it, it'll instead replace that value with the value associated in the JSON.

Also note: That tool only deals with the strings in the MWB file. Not all strings are there, many are buried all over the place elsewhere as well.

If you're trying to use the tool to work on some other game using the same engine, I'd suggest digging into File.cs instead of VALTYPE_GxStringUTF8.cs. The majority of the strings are things like variable names and such that you don't really want to touch, and it's much easier to hook things like that in File.cs. Most strings you would care about will be of Type 0x04, and are generally preceded at some point by some sort of command (usually Type = 0x05 && Token = 0x01, but I also saw a couple others in rare scenarios)
I want to translate it into another language, so how do I package it with a gpx file?
The file you uploaded can only be packaged as a gxp file.
If you don't mind, could you tell me how to do it in detail?

Reactions: Mikoko_yanusuda

buahdada

Jun 28, 2020
Alright, this is probably my final version here absent something broken, but in a few minutes of play testing this seems to work fine. Fixed some of the worst MTL poetry, and I think there should be mostly-functional word wrap now, so you won't get a constant headache trying to read it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
excuse me, can you reupload modified_tools.zip ? I keep failing download it for some reason
EDIT : nvm, now I can download the file and edit it. Thx for the tool

Last edited:

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
excuse me, can you reupload modified_tools.zip ? I keep failing download it for some reason
Are you gonna tidy up and edit the translation?
If you're willing, I can help out with that, also as a learner of the language, but I prefer someone to do the patching into the game.

• Love
Reactions: JohnHunk

buahdada

Jun 28, 2020
Are you gonna tidy up and edit the translation?
If you're willing, I can help out with that, also as a learner of the language, but I prefer someone to do the patching into the game.
I plan to do that when I have free time. Right now I'm hooked up playing The legend of heroes, so next week or two maybe.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
I plan to do that when I have free time. Right now I'm hooked up playing The legend of heroes, so next week or two maybe.
So you want help or not? If so you could send me the script, I just got some time off work.

buahdada

Jun 28, 2020
So you want help or not? If so you could send me the script, I just got some time off work.
Sure if you want help, actually developer make it easy to us translate this game on the lastest version ( 1.04 )
now we have new folder called "languages" for each individual translation
1680336104630.png
Right now you can use csv from this post to edit dialogue that already been translated for previous version then later I convert them to script for new version,
OR if you want translate from scratch for last version ( 1.04 ) download base_data.zip attachment in this post, edit main_en.tsv and rms_en.tsv with text editor then repack base_data folder with GxpPacker to test in the game.

Reactions: dumbas

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Sure if you want help, actually developer make it easy to us translate this game on the lastest version ( 1.04 )
now we have new folder called "languages" for each individual translation
Oh neat, I wasn't even aware if that latest version, but yeah, I'll take a look on both, and if its not too hard I'll make one from scratch.

buahdada

Jun 28, 2020
Oh neat, I wasn't even aware if that latest version, but yeah, I'll take a look on both, and if its not too hard I'll make one from scratch.
keep in mind that the one on f95zone still 1.03, you need to google for new version 1.04

JohnHunk

Nov 6, 2018
It's pretty hard to search for the latest version. I've tried torrent sites, and other download sites. Can someone share a link to where or provide a file for download, if that's no problem. All I see are v1.03.

I also wanna try a hand at translating.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
OR if you want translate from scratch for last version ( 1.04 ) download base_data.zip attachment in this post, edit main_en.tsv and rms_en.tsv with text editor then repack base_data folder with GxpPacker to test in the game.
Alright, I just now got the file to check it out. (was pretty busy, did an upgrade on my PC, cleaning up stuff, doing backups)
So its all just a matter of editing those two 'en' files, seems simple enough. It also looks like its divided by parts making it easy to figure out the context. Funny enough, 俺 is use to refer to the protagonist in the dialog, I don't remember what the mtl used for this.
Anyway, I could also setup a git to keep track of progress or if anyone else wants to contribute in anyway.

Reactions: JohnHunk

buahdada

Jun 28, 2020
Alright, I just now got the file to check it out. (was pretty busy, did an upgrade on my PC, cleaning up stuff, doing backups)
So its all just a matter of editing those two 'en' files, seems simple enough. It also looks like its divided by parts making it easy to figure out the context. Funny enough, 俺 is use to refer to the protagonist in the dialog, I don't remember what the mtl used for this.
Anyway, I could also setup a git to keep track of progress or if anyone else wants to contribute in anyway.
if you happen using translator++ to edit translation use this custom parser,
main_en.tpm for main folder and rms_en.tpm for rms folder.

Reactions: uwsjksn

immortal08

Feb 10, 2023
Does the GXP packer work properly?
I can't play the game if I repackage it, so please tell me how to use it

buahdada

Jun 28, 2020
It can't be a file from your post or a new build
I can't package an unpacked file as it is in your post, is my computer weird?
don't use drag&drop from explorer, instead try package the folder by typing it in terminal

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote