RPGM [Translation Request] Sol/Rui: Magical Girl of Another World (V.1.02)

Ushiodama

Feb 1, 2020
That explains everything. No idea why, but your file names got all messed up. Maybe your computer wasn't equipped to handle Japanese text for some reason and misread the names as it was downloading/extracting the files. You have all the right files, it's just that the names are different.

Whatever the reason, I don't think it's something I can solve on my end. I did upload my Graphics folder to MEGA: here's the . You can try downloading the folder and overwriting your current Graphics folder, but if the problem is with your computer being unable to properly read Japanese file names, then I'm not sure if this will solve the problem. At the very least, you'll be able to cross-reference your file names with the ones in this MEGA folder. Good luck!
Thanks for the translation btw!

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Oh, well just in case anyone else was curious, I was able to play it through to completion without any issues. A couple typos here and there but perfectly playable
Can you please upload your saves at various points in the game?

Vladilen

Feb 27, 2019
No idea why, but your file names got all messed up.
Compressed in a .zip format under japanese system language, it'll mess up japanese characters in file names if you uncompress it under anything but japanese system language. It's also possible to use a tool to uncompress it such as sjisunzip to do the job no matter you current computer language setting is.

.rar or .7z don't have that issue.

Reactions: sintiope and mackb

thegodofsky

Sep 10, 2017

Here is the finished translation! I also haven't play-tested it fully, so there might be some text wrapping issues here and there.

I also revamped the recollection room at the end. In the original game, you could only view the CGs after clearing the game. I edited it so you can choose to view the entire scene (i.e. with the text) or just the CGs themselves.

This was my first time translating an h-game, so any feedback would be much appreciated!
Can someone please reupload the translation? This link sadly no longer works.

Reactions: ponytony

gummihirn

Oct 5, 2019
i can't get to the true ending...
So I was giving this game a try since a new sequel (?) of this game is coming out very soon. Just got the true ending thanks to some obscure japanese guide. Finding any info on this game was a pain since most of the resources are gone or buried, so I'm sharing this here.

For the normal ending you need to find all the books.

There is also a passage to the right in the area where the final teleporter is. You need to go there for the normal and true ending. Behind the furnace North lies a hidden path. You need two "important" items to progess. Go craft all the orbs and talk to the fairy in the maze area. You should be able to craft those two items. Now you can go further. Beat the shit out the Angel (you get a strong spell on level 14 if you struggle). Now kill the final boss for the true ending.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
That's really strange. According to the error message, it says it cannot find the png file located in Graphics/Pictures to display the picture of Rui. However, I checked the file I uploaded and the picture is clearly there. I even downloaded my file again and tried running it from there, and it still worked for me.

I did upload a new version, here's the link:

I found a couple untranslated lines, and cleaned up some typos / word-wrap issues with this version. I also play-tested it all the way until the end, so I know I can at least play it all the way through. However, I'm not sure why your version can't locate the pictures. I did try including the game project file itself in this version, but I don't see why that would help since y'all aren't trying to open this game in RPG Maker itself.
That explains everything. No idea why, but your file names got all messed up. Maybe your computer wasn't equipped to handle Japanese text for some reason and misread the names as it was downloading/extracting the files. You have all the right files, it's just that the names are different.

Whatever the reason, I don't think it's something I can solve on my end. I did upload my Graphics folder to MEGA: here's the . You can try downloading the folder and overwriting your current Graphics folder, but if the problem is with your computer being unable to properly read Japanese file names, then I'm not sure if this will solve the problem. At the very least, you'll be able to cross-reference your file names with the ones in this MEGA folder. Good luck!
links are down
would be nice if someone could reupload the links
Someone reupload the translation!
anyone got a anonfile/mega download for this game? :) thanks
So apparently none of you actually read the thread and just stopped at the first dead link. A few posts further down is a working link to an later update to the translation. There is also another post to a bug fix for people who have a problem with crashes due to improperly named files causing crashes.

Please read the whole thread or use the search function. Especially on a thread this short. Sometimes links go down and people post them again later. Just because one link is down doesn't mean somebody hasn't reuploaded it later in the thread already. Don't just ask, check for yourselves. You'll save yourself a lot of grief.

Acropolis

Sep 15, 2022
That's really strange. According to the error message, it says it cannot find the png file located in Graphics/Pictures to display the picture of Rui. However, I checked the file I uploaded and the picture is clearly there. I even downloaded my file again and tried running it from there, and it still worked for me.

I did upload a new version, here's the link:

I found a couple untranslated lines, and cleaned up some typos / word-wrap issues with this version. I also play-tested it all the way until the end, so I know I can at least play it all the way through. However, I'm not sure why your version can't locate the pictures. I did try including the game project file itself in this version, but I don't see why that would help since y'all aren't trying to open this game in RPG Maker itself.
Big Thanks for this!!!