RPGM [Translation Request] Sol/Rui: Magical Girl of Another World (V.1.02)

Scrubl0rd

Jan 25, 2021
If anyone is still interested in this game, I'm thinking about making a manual translation for it! I've never done this before, so I have no idea how long it'll take, but I took a look at the game files and it seems very doable!
You got this champ, give it your best shot

Lanako1

Mar 29, 2019

Here is the finished translation! I also haven't play-tested it fully, so there might be some text wrapping issues here and there.

I also revamped the recollection room at the end. In the original game, you could only view the CGs after clearing the game. I edited it so you can choose to view the entire scene (i.e. with the text) or just the CGs themselves.

This was my first time translating an h-game, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020

Here is the finished translation! I also haven't play-tested it fully, so there might be some text wrapping issues here and there.

I also revamped the recollection room at the end. In the original game, you could only view the CGs after clearing the game. I edited it so you can choose to view the entire scene (i.e. with the text) or just the CGs themselves.

This was my first time translating an h-game, so any feedback would be much appreciated!
Gave it a test, but it immediately crashes two sentences in. Maybe a japanese profile issue?

Also, is there no button that advances text? Ctrl and enter don't speed it up.

Lanako1

Mar 29, 2019
Gave it a test, but it immediately crashes two sentences in. Maybe a japanese profile issue?

Also, is there no button that advances text? Ctrl and enter don't speed it up.
That's weird, it works fine for me. Do you have your computer set to Japanese locale? What is the error message you're getting when it crashes?

And yes, there is no button that speeds up text. This game is quite old, made using RPG Maker VX. It doesn't have any options to adjust volume levels either, as far as I can tell. There might be a way to code those in, but I have no programming experience so I don't know how to do it.

Reactions: f9account

Scrubl0rd

Jan 25, 2021

Good job champ

Scrubl0rd

Jan 25, 2021
That's weird, it works fine for me. Do you have your computer set to Japanese locale? What is the error message you're getting when it crashes?

And yes, there is no button that speeds up text. This game is quite old, made using RPG Maker VX. It doesn't have any options to adjust volume levels either, as far as I can tell. There might be a way to code those in, but I have no programming experience so I don't know how to do it.
1645411253651.png Unfortunately I'm also getting the same crash when I run it in and out of Locale Emulator. Pay no mind to the bookmarks

Lanako1

Mar 29, 2019
View attachment 1665528 Unfortunately I'm also getting the same crash when I run it in and out of Locale Emulator. Pay no mind to the bookmarks
That's really strange. According to the error message, it says it cannot find the png file located in Graphics/Pictures to display the picture of Rui. However, I checked the file I uploaded and the picture is clearly there. I even downloaded my file again and tried running it from there, and it still worked for me.

I did upload a new version, here's the link:

I found a couple untranslated lines, and cleaned up some typos / word-wrap issues with this version. I also play-tested it all the way until the end, so I know I can at least play it all the way through. However, I'm not sure why your version can't locate the pictures. I did try including the game project file itself in this version, but I don't see why that would help since y'all aren't trying to open this game in RPG Maker itself.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
That's really strange. According to the error message, it says it cannot find the png file located in Graphics/Pictures to display the picture of Rui. However, I checked the file I uploaded and the picture is clearly there. I even downloaded my file again and tried running it from there, and it still worked for me.

I did upload a new version, here's the link:

I found a couple untranslated lines, and cleaned up some typos / word-wrap issues with this version. I also play-tested it all the way until the end, so I know I can at least play it all the way through. However, I'm not sure why your version can't locate the pictures. I did try including the game project file itself in this version, but I don't see why that would help since y'all aren't trying to open this game in RPG Maker itself.
Maybe it's the location of the game?

Desktop or C:\drive or something?

Edit - I believe the problem is the main folder name. "Soul Rui (Translated) v1.1" is not what the game tries to open.
1645441409180.png

Lanako1

Mar 29, 2019
Maybe it's the location of the game?

Desktop or C:\drive or something?

Edit - I believe the problem is the main folder name. "Soul Rui (Translated) v1.1" is not what the game tries to open.
View attachment 1666017
Well I'm stumped. I tried downloading the game on a separate computer and running it there, and it still worked for me. I didn't change the main folder name either, so I don't think that's the issue. If you do think that's the problem, though, there are 3 possible names you can try changing the folder to:
1. Soul Rui
This is what I named the folder as I was translating all the game files
2. Soul Rui: Magical Girl from Another World
This is what I set to appear as the name when you run the game
3. ソル・ルイ-異界の魔法少女-
The original Japanese name

I also noticed your error message was slightly different from Scrubl0rd's. Your error message can't find the file in Graphics/Faces, whereas Scrubl0rd's couldn't find the file in Graphics/Pictures. Either way, both png files indicated in the messages do certainly exist, so I don't know where the problem is. Also, I don't believe the problem is with the Graphics folder entirely, since it was clearly able to locate the picture needed to display the title screen (in Graphics/System).

I'm really sorry y'all, but I have no idea what might be causing this issue.

Reactions: naufalanam

Scrubl0rd

Jan 25, 2021
Well I'm stumped. I tried downloading the game on a separate computer and running it there, and it still worked for me. I didn't change the main folder name either, so I don't think that's the issue. If you do think that's the problem, though, there are 3 possible names you can try changing the folder to:
1. Soul Rui
3. ソル・ルイ-異界の魔法少女-

I also noticed your error message was slightly different from Scrubl0rd's. Your error message can't find the file in Graphics/Faces, whereas Scrubl0rd's couldn't find the file in Graphics/Pictures. Either way, both png files indicated in the messages do certainly exist, so I don't know where the problem is. Also, I don't believe the problem is with the Graphics folder entirely, since it was clearly able to locate the picture needed to display the title screen (in Graphics/System).

Tried renaming the main folder all 3 options, ran it in and out of locale emulator, even ran it in admin mode, couldn't make it 5 lines in. I admire your tenacity in translating it but unfortunately I can't appreciate your hard work if I can't make it to the actual game.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
1. Soul Rui
3. ソル・ルイ-異界の魔法少女-

Opening up the "faces" folder...

1645528928430.png

This is all that's in it.

Are there some files missing in the rar? There's only 4 in there too.

Lanako1

Mar 29, 2019
Opening up the "faces" folder...

View attachment 1668098

This is all that's in it.

Are there some files missing in the rar? There's only 4 in there too.
That explains everything. No idea why, but your file names got all messed up. Maybe your computer wasn't equipped to handle Japanese text for some reason and misread the names as it was downloading/extracting the files. You have all the right files, it's just that the names are different.

Whatever the reason, I don't think it's something I can solve on my end. I did upload my Graphics folder to MEGA: here's the . You can try downloading the folder and overwriting your current Graphics folder, but if the problem is with your computer being unable to properly read Japanese file names, then I'm not sure if this will solve the problem. At the very least, you'll be able to cross-reference your file names with the ones in this MEGA folder. Good luck!

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
That explains everything. No idea why, but your file names got all messed up. Maybe your computer wasn't equipped to handle Japanese text for some reason and misread the names as it was downloading/extracting the files. You have all the right files, it's just that the names are different.

Whatever the reason, I don't think it's something I can solve on my end. I did upload my Graphics folder to MEGA: here's the . You can try downloading the folder and overwriting your current Graphics folder, but if the problem is with your computer being unable to properly read Japanese file names, then I'm not sure if this will solve the problem. At the very least, you'll be able to cross-reference your file names with the ones in this MEGA folder. Good luck!
That seems to have fixed it, at least in the opening! Thanks! Will report anything else.