RPGM [Translation Request] Succubus Rhapsodia [Dreamania]

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
This is the game with the mod and the maps translated into the other.
Before i start the description of this update i have a "WARNING!": don't put the "data" folder in "Map Translated" into the "data" folder in the game because there are a lot of errors that i can't trace and i can't fix without someone who has a lot of experience in this kind of stuff. I've put that file because if someone wants to try to fix and permit the translation of the maps in game they are ready even if is only a MTL.
Now is time for the update information.
This is the game with the mods already inside. I did a lot of tests to apply the files i've got from UMLF with the actual version of the game and made it works properly.... maybe it was me or maybe it was the version of the game or the mod what made me work more than usual. I've fixed for the english translation the opening and the first dialogue of the prologue. I tried even to change the name of the protagonist and for me it work fine for now (i'm stuck at the beginning of the game after the tutorial and sadly i don't have all the time i want to have). Items, skills and in-battle action are all translated as far as i checked so do your tests and play the game. Now i'm working on finish the first batch of the Lesser Succubus but in the game you have half of it translated so you can read some dialogues.
Now some huge concerns...
I want to cry. Yes, you read me right and i explain why.
For the in battle and events stuff every chara in the game have their personal dialogues.... there are 260 chara folder and for each of it there are 20 .rb files with the dialogues to translate (262 if we count hero and System folders). Is fuckin insane the amount of stuff this game has and i can risk a panic attack anytime soon o_O.
Ok i think that's all. Now try the game and if there are any issue tell me. Right now i will continue to translate that impossible amount of files when i can.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Good luck, we all believe in you. :)
Do you want to make a patreon ?
Even if i can finish all that amount of dialogues there is no guarantee the game will be completed because of that error problem. I'm pretty sure the error is caused by the english language itself. It's this because the key words for the mechanics of the game are all in japanese and change them without a really good knowledge for me is really difficult so if i apply for example the maps i translated, (if is mtl or manual is indifferent in this case) there will be a good amount of errors and to fix it you need to find the error related (is usually reported in the self text created by the game), track it, change the name from japanese to english, track the map where that keyword is and change it as well. After that, test it and hope that change will fix the problem and don't cause more others. For the opening of the game i've simply let unchanged that keyword in japanese and changed only the dialogue, but you need first track the map and i dunno why in this game is not the first map but is the Map227 (there are 933 maps and into 632 maps there are japanese content). So if there is a better way to solve the problem or someone can guarantee that the problem will be fixed in "X" time (someone trusted) i can think about it, but if not i won't open it because the only thing i can do is translate it... is useless if i translate every dialogue in battle or minor events if i can't put the maps in english because there are error every 2 minutes since they are the core of the game. And by the way i'm not the best to translating from japanese to english, that's why i'll finish first the first Lesser Succubus folder and see how it goes (and naturally i will update the file here so you can test it too).

Reactions: darktemplar2403

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I want to give you a sample of what there is inside the "talk" folder.
I can see why everyone stopped working on it or never tried. This is the Lesser Succubus C_Talk.rb modded. :LOL:
I've almost finished this one since the mod is working now and since there are no reports about any problems i'm positive.
After i finish the first Lesser Succubus folder i'll share to you so you can try and you can tell me your thoughts about it.
If you can't read japanese on browser get it

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
This is the . I'll explain what there is inside.
There is the dialogues of the Orange Lesser Succubus all translated or at least that folder is completely translated + there is the fix for the ability page in the menù (for the bug fix i got help from Strange on the ULMF forum). The Mod patch is working only for the copy of the game i shared few post before this one, so DON'T apply it to your personal copy of the game or if you have another version of the mod inside, the mod doesn't work with the base game for some reason (I have the clean game so I've already tried). For what I've played the only thing left to fix is the usage of the name because in the dialogues is アタシ (atashi) so I'll try to fix it too with a little help.
I have some big concerns because is really long to do it all so I'm thinking about 2 things:

1) Open a patreon for everyone who wants to support this project;
2) Open a discord channel to get constant feedback for any errors, horrors and bugs.

Tell me your thoughts because the translation of the first dialogue folder, the prologue and some little things almost 3 weeks and I have a huge amount of maps for the story and the events + 238 folder of stuff for all the chara present in this game. I couldn't try well the game as I thought because I wanted to test the translation but it needs even more time doing that.
For now you need to overwrite the 05_LesserSuccubus_00 and the 00_System in the SuccubusRhapsodia>System>talk folder and change the Mod folder with the one in the zip file.
Try it and meanwhile I'll wait for your feedback.

KarylSummer

Sep 12, 2018
There is the dialogues of the Orange Lesser Succubus all translated or at least that folder is completely translated + there is the fix for the ability page in the menù (for the bug fix i got help from Strange on the ULMF forum). The Mod patch is working only for the copy of the game i shared few post before this one, so DON'T apply it to your personal copy of the game or if you have another version of the mod inside, the mod doesn't work with the base game for some reason (I have the clean game so I've already tried). For what I've played the only thing left to fix is the usage of the name because in the dialogues is アタシ (atashi) so I'll try to fix it too with a little help.
I have some big concerns because is really long to do it all so I'm thinking about 2 things:

2) Open a discord channel to get constant feedback for any errors, horrors and bugs.

Tell me your thoughts because the translation of the first dialogue folder, the prologue and some little things almost 3 weeks and I have a huge amount of maps for the story and the events + 238 folder of stuff for all the chara present in this game. I couldn't try well the game as I thought because I wanted to test the translation but it needs even more time doing that.
For now you need to overwrite the 05_LesserSuccubus_00 and the 00_System in the SuccubusRhapsodia>System>talk folder and change the Mod folder with the one in the zip file.
I say definitely go with both options imo. Having a patreon there along with a discord could help you get more people interested and support down the road with people being active umu

Cyflan

Oct 20, 2020
Dunno if you are aware of this, but for whatever reason in combat your main character is referred by the name of the succubus partner you have.
Also the game seems to crash if you go to the third page of anyone's status screen.
Weird stuff.

Other than that the game seems to be functional in the earlier download you posted.
Hope to see more!

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Dunno if you are aware of this, but for whatever reason in combat your main character is referred by the name of the succubus partner you have.
Also the game seems to crash if you go to the third page of anyone's status screen.
Weird stuff.

Other than that the game seems to be functional in the earlier download you posted.
Hope to see more!
Thanks for the reply.
For the Ability page i have already posted the link with the Mod folder where there is the file with the fix here:

Is my second last post. For the dialogues I had to understand the logic of the dialogue first and even if now i mostly understand how it works, without try things out is not easy.
The problem with the dialogue is probably the same i saw because with the mod i found and applied there is something amiss or maybe there is a file with a wrong pattern but for it i'll try to find some help.
But if you see errors in some dialogues is my fault like long phrases that cause errors is 100% from me.
I'm working on it so i think i can update the dialogue files fixed in a few days. (the error with the name of the protagonist will be off for now)

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
I've actually been eyeballing this project for quite a while, along with Succubus Quest due to the MGQ Paradox Collab. I may take a look at translating it. (For reference, I've previously worked on Black Souls II's MTL, went and studied Japanese, and am now currently wrapping up my actual TL of Onegai Teleporter!). I've previously translated the entire prologue but sidelined it due to getting busy.

Now that I'm wrapping up Onegai Teleporter! I can take a look at giving this game a proper translation.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I've actually been eyeballing this project for quite a while, along with Succubus Quest due to the MGQ Paradox Collab. I may take a look at translating it. (For reference, I've previously worked on Black Souls II's MTL, went and studied Japanese, and am now currently wrapping up my actual TL of Onegai Teleporter!). I've previously translated the entire prologue but sidelined it due to getting busy.

Now that I'm wrapping up Onegai Teleporter! I can take a look at giving this game a proper translation.
Well I've stopped the translation for a bit because I've finished now to mod the original game with the latest patch and and fixed the translation stuff for the first Lesser Succubus. I'll share with you all the game with the patch inside (there is a folder with a boss that i don't like the VR picture so i didn't add it inside) and all the mod files in the other link. The mod files are Japanese and not in english. Like i said before my really struggle here is to upgrade the whole game in english because if there is a miss-match for some words it gives you an error and obviusly the game crashes. I have a folder even with a english mod i've got from the ULMF site by Strange but most of it can't be added for version differences i suppose. In the main game there are skills, item, enemies names and the dialogue translation for the first Lesser Succubus. Sadly there aren't the maps i've translated before (if you want to try you can replace it with the ones i've already posted but remember to change it with the new modded ones) because for example in the CommonEvents map file there is more content and i have to check it again and that means to re-open all the map files and check it again if there are more dialogues or general stuff to translate so yeah... I discovered to be a little bit masochist :cautious:.
If you want to help you're very welcome.
This is the so we can talk about it and get reports if there is something wrong like bugs or bad english translate.
I forgot one thing... this game can't be fully MTLed so only manual translate can actually work for the best.
Since I've finished the big thing now i'll go and check the CommonEvents map file since is the biggest and the most important.
This is the with already the mods inside so upload it somewhere or keep it because you can't find the latest version with the mod anywhere... or at least i can't.
Here there are the with a simple Readme for what there's inside.
This post is mostly for everyone but if you want to check this game feel free to do it... but there is A LOT o_O.

Edited: You need only to download the game. Is all inside you need to do nothing about it for now.

Last edited:

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah, yeah I've already got the mod functioning and the prologue underway again. The way this game's mods works is a bit archaic from more modern engines. Anything in the "Mod" folder completely overrides the base folder. So if you change Data/Map227.rxdata (the prologue) in the root folder, it won't actually update if the mod is applied because the mod replaces Data/Map227.rxdata with its own.

Likewise, this will also result in engine crashes if you try to translate the game directly. Tools like Translator++ usually only target the root folder and break the game (undefined method nil:NilClass crash). So you need a bit of a custom workflow for this game where you translate modded files and then translate any remaining unmodded files. Here's an example screenshot in Map227 with the mod active and still being in English:

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Ah, yeah I've already got the mod functioning and the prologue underway again. The way this game's mods works is a bit archaic from more modern engines. Anything in the "Mod" folder completely overrides the base folder. So if you change Data/Map227.rxdata (the prologue) in the root folder, it won't actually update if the mod is applied because the mod replaces Data/Map227.rxdata with its own.

Likewise, this will also result in engine crashes if you try to translate the game directly. Tools like Translator++ usually only target the root folder and break the game (undefined method nil:NilClass crash). So you need a bit of a custom workflow for this game where you translate modded files and then translate any remaining unmodded files. Here's an example screenshot in Map227 with the mod active and still being in English:
Yep for this map for example you can eventually mtl the dialogues but the results of your choices you need to keep it in japanese because in the mod.rb file is written in japanese so if you translate it you'll find this kind of error.
So for me was easier to leave it be and translate the rest. This is one of many. The dialogues in fight for now it works fine beside for the #(myname) for bedfights and not and #(target) only for bedfights. Well when you're up for it tell me and i'll give you all the updates i have, files and infos. Meanwhile I'll check the map differences from the two versions and see if they are all that different or not... i think only the CommonEvent map file but never say never.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Yep for this map for example you can eventually mtl the dialogues but the results of your choices you need to keep it in japanese because in the mod.rb file is written in japanese so if you translate it you'll find this kind of error.
So for me was easier to leave it be and translate the rest. This is one of many. The dialogues in fight for now it works fine beside for the #(myname) for bedfights and not and #(target) only for bedfights. Well when you're up for it tell me and i'll give you all the updates i have, files and infos. Meanwhile I'll check the map differences from the two versions and see if they are all that different or not... i think only the CommonEvent map file but never say never.
I'm not MTL'ing the game so it will all be done by hand. I'm not sure I follow what you mean by the results of your choices? Are you talking about these choices? -

I don't recall any other choices outside of this scene in the prologue but it's been awhile since I last played the prologue all the way through.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I'm not MTL'ing the game so it will all be done by hand. I'm not sure I follow what you mean by the results of your choices? Are you talking about these choices? -

I don't recall any other choices outside of this scene in the prologue but it's been awhile since I last played the prologue all the way through.
Yes yes i'm doing it by hand too but i've told you an example when at first i tried to use Translator++.
There are 3 choices in that map:
1) in your screen is the first one and is supposed to be your streght;
2) the second one after this is your weakness choices;
3) the third one ask you if you're virgin or not.

The written choice you see you can translate it without problem but in the map file when you select one of that choices there is also the (let's call it) "passive ability". If you translate it without translate the same word in the mod.rb file the game will crash for the error you mentioned before. I hope my explanation is clearer now.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Yes yes i'm doing it by hand too but i've told you an example when at first i tried to use Translator++.
There are 3 choices in that map:
1) in your screen is the first one and is supposed to be your streght;
2) the second one after this is your weakness choices;
3) the third one ask you if you're virgin or not.

The written choice you see you can translate it without problem but in the map file when you select one of that choices there is also the (let's call it) "passive ability". If you translate it without translate the same word in the mod.rb file the game will crash for the error you mentioned before. I hope my explanation is clearer now.
Hm, I'm still not following. Are you translating system variable names? Like this line I've selected here?

If so that'll cause issues with basically any RPGMaker game. Translator++ says specifically not to do that, actually:

Dreamsavior said:
Translating variable names, constant names and other labels is as bad as translating paths.
You may be perfectly fine if your NAME is translated into another language. But in the world of programming, translating NAME (i/e variables) carelessly will lead to disaster.

For example, they can put a message in the Note field, in Event’s text, labels, comments and so on. Some even put tagging and call script procedures in “Show choices”.
Which, funnily, happens to be exactly what Succubus Rhapsodia is doing:

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Hm, I'm still not following. Are you translating system variable names? Like this line I've selected here?

That's it but i didn't translate it, I translated only the dialogues for that reason.
At first i thought the dialogues in this one was separated, that's why i tried Translator++.
I've called it key words in previous posts because my english for technical stuff sucks, sry for that
So i did something hasty about the opening and the tutorial for the beginning and now i'm translating the dialogues for the characters. I thought to begin with the maps without touching the variable names but if you're doing it i can do something else.
If not i can start with it.

Last edited:

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Quick progress update over here as well, since I've been working over on ULMF. I've been working with Strange who you guys may/may not be familiar with. He's a loooong time developer of this project, and I thought it'd be a good idea to work together with him to tackle this thing.

One of the biggest hurdles for translating the text (in my opinion) was solved today. The problem was many of the dialogue lines in Succubus Rhapsodia are duplicates, and many more are made redundant by the mod files. To add to that, it is a nightmare to sift through every file inside each folder for every line of dialogue. And, what's more, Plains, Hills, and Cages (the mod) updates very frequently, and you have to (or, had to) manually re-insert every piece of translated code you do for every update.

This, obviously, was not acceptable, so I developed a three-part solution:

Thankfully, despite said crash, there is a solution. Rather than every monster using a single, gigantic STR_DB, there will be a couple dozen-or-so mini-STR_DBs.

---

Strange has continued work on his interface patch which I've incorporated. A huge chunk of the enemies, items, abilities, etc. are translated now thanks to him.

And, last but not least, the prologue has also been successfully translated. Hopefully there will be more exciting news to bring in the future about the project

Edit:

P.S., if you want to follow active development progress and/or perhaps contribute to the project, please follow the ULMF thread as that's where active development is happening:

I'll continue to post updates every so often here as well, though.

Last edited:

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Another update since a seriously staggering amount of work has been done over the past couple of days behind-the-scenes. English script injection has been successfully tested for battle dialogue (aka the infamous "Talk" folders).

If you haven't been following on ULMF, I've spent this past weekend refining the solution talked about here. To give you guys an idea of how much I've simplified the translation process...

This used to be the original workspace. 260 folders each containing about ~20 files (that's over 5,000 files) that I would have to sift through for dialogue that look like this:

And this is what my workspace looks like now:

And, the number of files has been reduced to 153.

To top that off, I've successfully tested this on a fresh copy of the game and it functions seemingly perfectly. What that means for you guys is that translation work can officially start now, both on the maps and for battles (rather, it already has started).

I'll continue to keep you guys posted on any major updates.