Tool RPGM Ren'Py Translator for RPG Maker and RenPy(demo)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
I understand what the issue is. In the translation settings, you can set the style to either formal or official. It seems that the language you are trying to translate to does not support formal address.

Thank you for the feedback. I will correct this and release an updated version soon.
What version of the DeepL API are you using? According to that github issue that I posed, which is closed, the targets were changed to `prefer_more` and `prefer_less` Is that consistent with what you are seeing?

Reactions: Steygan

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
If you can fix this ASAP, I can test it for you right now. Just tried it on a different game, same issue.

Also, people have pointed out that if you don't adjust line lengths, the translated text just runs off the RPGM window. Have you checked for visibility of translated text? Do you do any adjustments for line width?

Finally, here is how the UX renders for me in Wine under Win10 emulation. I've got the DPI rather high because windows under wine doesn't seem to like my 2880 wide native screen.
It looks bad. Regarding the line length, I've chosen an optimal range of 36-40 for myself, but this can vary depending on the font used in the game. I try to check using the file for the introduction or the first map; if I'm satisfied with the result, I translate the rest. As for collaborative development on GitHub, I've thought about it but decided that I want to paint this "picture" myself.

gastonyo_

Aug 5, 2018
this sounds good i wanna try it, but my malwarebytes detecting your installer as a malware.ai virus thing. ppl seems don't have problem with it and im dumb so idk, should I just ignore it?

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
this sounds good i wanna try it, but my malwarebytes detecting your installer as a malware.ai virus thing. ppl seems don't have problem with it and im dumb so idk, should I just ignore it?
Hi!
My program is an executable file, you don't need to install it, just run it. If for some reason you have the installer, it is better not to run it

Reactions: gastonyo_

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Hi, can you add translate to Vietnamese pls ?
While trying to run your tool under wine emulation in Linux, I get the following error message (I'm using DeepL with an pay-as-you-go API key):

An error has occured: Bad request, message: 'formality' is not supported for a given 'target_lang'

I tried translating this game:
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...nster-amirin-rj295122-head-shop-kasai.156936/

but I'm working with an actual full version directly from dlsite. It appears to be a DeepL error message, c.f.

It claims to have successfully translated 4 other files, before glitching out on the CommonEvents.json. I grepped this file for 'formality,' but did not find it. The 'translated data' directory was made, but it is empty. DeepL API usage tab shows no usage yet, but I'm not sure how often that gets updated.
Done

Fixed a formality issue when translating AN English translation

Added Vietnamese (for Google translation only)

Removed appearance of unnecessary line breaks

Last edited:
Reactions: taodentumienque

gastonyo_

Aug 5, 2018
Hi!
My program is an executable file, you don't need to install it, just run it. If for some reason you have the installer, it is better not to run it
i see, thought that .exe was an installer at first. still detected as an malware.ai tho. might be a false alarm

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
Done

I have used the new version. It completed 78/81 scenes. Then I got a new error:

"Text must not be empty"

It was with the System.json I think, I'm attaching it here (in a zipfile because f95 won't allow bare formats)

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
The performance of the tool is quite good. It got all the maps, so the dialog was fully translated. The game I was playing was mostly intelligible, and there were only a few runoffs. Will try it again soon. DeepL is not cheap though, the game $10.57 to xlate on the API base plan.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
It looks pretty questionable, can someone smarter than me explain why these are false positives if so?

View attachment 3776752
program that modifies files might be mistakenly identified as spyware or a Trojan by antivirus software:

1. Unusual Behavior: If a program tries to modify files or system settings without prior notification to the user, it can be perceived by antivirus software as suspicious or malicious behavior.
2. Lack of Trust: If a program is not signed with a certificate from a trusted publisher, or if the publisher is unknown to the antivirus program, this can increase suspicions about the software’s integrity.
3. Use of Vulnerabilities or Hidden Features: Some programs may use methods or techniques commonly associated with malicious software, such as altering system files or the registry, which can also trigger an antivirus alert.
4. Similarity to Known Viruses: The program may contain code that structurally or behaviorally resembles known malicious programs, leading to its false detection.

taodentumienque

Oct 21, 2022
Done

Tks for your hard work but i mean i want to translate the games to Vietnamese(not from Vietnamese) na i see there isn't Vietnamese on the "we translate to" list

1719584689118.png

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
program that modifies files might be mistakenly identified as spyware or a Trojan by antivirus software:

1. Unusual Behavior: If a program tries to modify files or system settings without prior notification to the user, it can be perceived by antivirus software as suspicious or malicious behavior.
2. Lack of Trust: If a program is not signed with a certificate from a trusted publisher, or if the publisher is unknown to the antivirus program, this can increase suspicions about the software’s integrity.
3. Use of Vulnerabilities or Hidden Features: Some programs may use methods or techniques commonly associated with malicious software, such as altering system files or the registry, which can also trigger an antivirus alert.
4. Similarity to Known Viruses: The program may contain code that structurally or behaviorally resembles known malicious programs, leading to its false detection.
johnybravo87 :
I asked Steygan to release the source, and they might at some point in the future. If you're not comfortable, just sit tight until they do this. Or, write your own DeepL interface xD

I run this under emulation in Linux as an unprivileged user. The worst this thing could do to me is run up my DeepL bill by using my API key without my permission on other projects. But I've got that cost locked on the DeepL side. The code performs very well and is extremely easy to use. The UX is novice and the dev is reluctant to release the source. This just makes me think its their first project, and their code is not as "well-engineered" as they'd like it to be. Steygan has been extremely responsive to support requests, often fixing things in < 24 hours.

With respect to targeting of adversaries, its unlikely that a forum of losers like us provide attractive targets for trojan attacks by hostile nation states. So unless you're a lobbiest rubbing one out on Capitol Hill to the recent supreme court dismantling of Chevron, motive is lacking for compromise. f95 is too small a community for an effective bot infiltration, and its even more unlikely that people are running these sorts of games on company/corporate machinery. So, again, I feel like it would not be a well-targetted attack.

Finally, its a bit rude to imply that someone that has done something potentially helpful to you is trying to attack you.

All this said....

Steygan :
* Your Patreon icon as a snake coming out of computer probably not helping here ;)
* Your response reads a bit like ChatGPT and does not address the specific signatures identified by the user's scan.
* Its possible that if you're developing in an authoritarian nation state, the libraries/repositories you are pulling from are compromised at a much higher level. Consider where you are getting your upstream, and perhaps adjust?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote