Ren'Py translator3000

Ahade24

Jul 25, 2023
in the .json file remove the line that says the following:
JSON:
        "font": "xxxxxxx.otf",
when you run the game again, that line will be generated automatically.

It should be something like this
JSON:
{
    "gameLanguage": "en",
    "directionOfTranslation": "es",
    "modeOnStartup": "off",
    "_debug_mode": false,
    "translationService": "google_gtx",
    "workMethod": "dialogueOnly",
    "originalInHistory": false,
    "requestsFrequency": 510.0,
    "splitTextAsSentences": false,
    "googleHost": "translation.googleapis.com",
    "seleniumStartMode": "hide",
    "seleniumInputSplitMethod": "strings",
    "extraTextOptions": {
        "size": "+1",
        "italic": false,
        "bold": false
    }
}
If this doesn't work, create the "font" line again and write null. It should be something like this:
JSON:
{
    "gameLanguage": "en",
    "directionOfTranslation": "es",
    "requestsFrequency": 510.0,
    "googleHost": "translation.googleapis.com",
        "font": null,
        "size": "+1",
    }
}
You should turn off the modem. After waiting 10 seconds, you should turn it on. When the new ip address is received, the error is fixed.

Albatross715

Jan 29, 2021
is it normal that in some games the menu itself is not visible? For example, in academy34 there is only an icon "<=" but you can not call the translation menu in any way

smsas6151

Nov 18, 2019
I think deepl came to the translation. How can I use deepl? Do I have to do it manually by hand or can I choose it from the translation menu when the game opens? There is something called Prescan. We click on it and it translates all the text in a certain time and doesn't freeze. Let's say we did prescan and quit the game. Should we prescan again when we enter the game again?

no, the pre-scan will continue from where it left off and if you stop the translation and start it again, the translation will continue where you left off.

note: after the translation is finished, save your translation in the database. If the game is updated it will only translate the untranslated areas so you can save time

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Good Night, what letter do I put to translate the game into Portuguese br and where should I put it?

smsas6151

Nov 18, 2019
Good Night, what letter do I put to translate the game into Portuguese br and where should I put it?
In _translator3000_setting change to "directionOfTranslation": "pt",

{
"gameLanguage": "en-US",
"directionOfTranslation": "pt",
"requestsFrequency": null,
"googleHost": "translate.google.com",
"font": null,
"size": null,
}
}

smsas6151

Nov 18, 2019
Let's say I did prescan and the translation is complete. If we close and open it without saving it to the database, does the translation go away, or do we need to save it to the database, and if so, how do we save it to the database?

Your translation will not be lost unless the local translations folder in the game's home directory is deleted.

and also if you click save database to hard drive when the translation is finished It saves Vladya's project database in the users folder on PC, and when you delete the game in the future and install the updated version, it only translates the new texts instead of retranslating the entire game, thus reducing translation time.

Charona

Jan 14, 2020
doesn't the old version stop working when the new version comes out? I have the old version in my game right now.
When a developer works to create a new update it is to add more content, fix bugs in previous versions, and/or otherwise determine how they will continue to develop the game. This does not mean that I am dissatisfied with your comment, I just think about your opinion :ROFLMAO: