Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
It's not that misleading if you know the developer or read the developer notes in the OP/ the page on dlsite. I think it's quite clear which kind of "trap" is meant.

Reactions: Joeburqa

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I was promised traps but there are none to be found.
Once again the heteros have failed me.

• Haha
Reactions: Koburo

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
People post a completely raw mtl on the game channel first before they actually start the editing?
If you want to release what you have first wouldn't you like atleast edit the UI or something atleast and keep it in the tl page until its finished?
As far as I know the game thread is used for games that are in english. Of course it would be preferred if it is at least an edited mtl but it's not necessary.
If OP starts to edit it then yes it would be better to post in under translation first but it doesn't seem like he has the intention to do so hence the raw mtl is under games

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
People post a completely raw mtl on the game channel first before they actually start the editing?
If the game is working MTL can and should be posted first.
Then months or even years later if anyone bothered to pick the game for translation the full translation replaces the MTL, it takes time and there are more than 1k games waiting to be translated so it would be impossible to fullfill all translation requests without machine translation.

Mar 1, 2020
If you want to release what you have first wouldn't you like atleast edit the UI or something atleast and keep it in the tl page until its finished?
Also, I guess posting raw MTL may enable disscussion in thread instead of the game gathering digital dust in "Translation Requests" where all you can post is "+1" or might get "Off-topic discussion warning" :p . A place to share saves too.
On side note, I had pretty fun time playing other MTL game "Kunoichi Sakura". I just imagined main heroine was a foreigner and didnt speak properly x)

May 10, 2018
Then months or even years later if anyone bothered to pick the game for translation the full translation replaces the MTL, it takes time and there are more than 1k games waiting to be translated so it would be impossible to fullfill all translation requests without machine translation.
Problem with that is most feel less inclined to take games with mtls.
And the huge issue to rub the salt in the wound here is that its literally just raw mtl it would have been better if it was just left alone as that is quite literally nothing and often times as I said a detriment since often times people too lazy or incapable to even edit the mtl are more likely to leave bugs and other issues.

If its just going to be an mtl it would be better to just let people use a text extraction software, since it literally gives you the same result hence making a raw mtl with no edits practically equivalent to nothing at all but add the bugs and discouraging future translations and from there its just a negative

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Problem with that is most feel less inclined to take games with mtls.
Simple if you can't handle mtl don't play it.
often times as I said a detriment since often times people too lazy or incapable to even edit the mtl are more likely to leave bugs and other issues.
That's true then again not everyone can just post under the "games" thread so it's not very often that a broken game just gets uploaded. And more often than not the problem will be fixed by someone.
If its just going to be an mtl it would be better to just let people use a text extraction software, since it literally gives you the same result hence making a raw mtl with no edits practically equivalent to nothing at all
Not everyone knows their way around using a text extraction software. Although it might be easy some just don't want to deal with it. So if it gives the same result you could just play the version posted here instead.
discouraging future translations
The only way I see it being discouraging is because in the OP it says "English(MTL)" instead of "English(unedited MTL)". Otherwise you can't guarantee it being translated. What if it's buried under the request section like a ton of other games? So having a MTL is better than nothing at all.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes