Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
raw mtl with no edits practically equivalent to nothing at all but add the bugs and discouraging future translations and from there its just a negative
That's a false statement, I've played tons of mtl and was able to finish almost all of them, the ones that have real bugs usually get fixed by the community with a few patches, if you know what to expect mtl can be pretty enjoyable and are far easier to play than the full untranslated game for most people.

And no, it doesn't discourage translations, if anything most of these games by random devs were never even going to be picked by manual translators in the first place for not being that popular. This game is another example of MTL or nothing unless a fan really enjoyed it and decided to pickup for full translation which probably would never happen.

Think like this, a translator can take months to finish a single manual translation project on a leisure pace, so they only go for popular games or things they personally enjoy and this is not nearly fast enough to keep up with the ammount of untranslated games that exist and keep being developed. So most games would never have seen the light of day around the western market if not for the MTL version. If you don't like it just ignore MTL threads but know that they do serve a purpose and many users like myself really enjoy having more Jap games to play even if they aren't manually translated.

May 10, 2018
That's a false statement, I've played tons of mtl and was able to finish almost all of them, the ones that have real bugs usually get fixed by the community with a few patches, if you know what to expect mtl can be pretty enjoyable and are far easier to play than the full untranslated game for most people.

And no, it doesn't discourage translations, if anything most of these games by random devs were never even going to be picked by manual translators in the first place for not being that popular. This game is another example of MTL or nothing unless a fan really enjoyed it and decided to pickup for full translation which probably would never happen.

Think like this, a translator can take months to finish a single manual translation project on a leisure pace, so they only go for popular games or things they personally enjoy and this is not nearly fast enough to keep up with the ammount of untranslated games that exist and keep being developed. So most games would never have seen the light of day around the western market if not for the MTL version. If you don't like it just ignore MTL threads but know that they do serve a purpose and many users like myself really enjoy having more Jap games to play even if they aren't manually translated.
I don't care for mtls and don't play games that have them
Personally rather happy Its not a game I've been waiting to see a tl for but the game came out less than a month ago if I remember correctly. If its simply a matter of whether or not someone wants to play an mtl or a decent tl it really wouldn't matter much but I see a problem with it possibly discouraging those considering translating something like this among other games.
I'd say if they can't decide between what they have the first thing they'll do is cross off the ones that have a tl of any kind, but I suppose I can't really prove or say such a thing happens much so I suppose it isn't worth trying to argue such.

but it says alot to me when someone making an MTL can't even use a word-wrap to keep their words from flying out of the dialogue box through whatever sort of incompetence being lazy or genuinely just unable to do it I highly doubt they themselves would be able to fix any bugs the machine makes should they arise.
though You might be right perhaps someone in the community will decide to fix that if whoever throws the mtl out does not so may not be much point in arguing that either.

However there is nothing false in saying that an mtl with no edits adds nothing at all.
Unless one feels the convenience of not having to download and take a few minutes to figure out how to use a good text extraction program and gain the benefits that comes with that over using an non-edited mtl'd game is a huge benefit.

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
I don't care for mtls and don't play games that have them
Personally rather happy Its not a game I've been waiting to see a tl for but the game came out less than a month ago if I remember correctly. If its simply a matter of whether or not someone wants to play an mtl or a decent tl it really wouldn't matter much but I see a problem with it possibly discouraging those considering translating something like this among other games.
I'd say if they can't decide between what they have the first thing they'll do is cross off the ones that have a tl of any kind, but I suppose I can't really prove or say such a thing happens much so I suppose it isn't worth trying to argue such.

but it says alot to me when someone making an MTL can't even use a word-wrap to keep their words from flying out of the dialogue box through whatever sort of incompetence being lazy or genuinely just unable to do it I highly doubt they themselves would be able to fix any bugs the machine makes should they arise.
though You might be right perhaps someone in the community will decide to fix that if whoever throws the mtl out does not so may not be much point in arguing that either.

However there is nothing false in saying that an mtl with no edits adds nothing at all.
Unless one feels the convenience of not having to download and take a few minutes to figure out how to use a good text extraction program and gain the benefits that comes with that over using an non-edited mtl'd game is a huge benefit.
I understand your concern for bugs still fixing them is most of the time not hard.
Your take on word-wrapping is a different thing. Because fixing bugs is often just some problem in the displaying text. Even if you have no idea whatsoever you can just go to the corresponding text and compare it to the japanese one and write it in the same way. Word-wrapping however needs at least some kind of skill in programming because you need to read code. Sometimes a script is provided where you can just turn it on but if you don't know how to turn it on or if it isn't provided at all then you can't just call people lazy or incompetent for that

Reactions: Meaning Less
May 10, 2018
I understand your concern for bugs still fixing them is most of the time not hard.
Your take on word-wrapping is a different thing. Because fixing bugs is often just some problem in the displaying text. Even if you have no idea whatsoever you can just go to the corresponding text and compare it to the japanese one and write it in the same way. Word-wrapping however needs at least some kind of skill in programming because you need to read code. Sometimes a script is provided where you can just turn it on but if you don't know how to turn it on or if it isn't provided at all then you can't just call people lazy or incompetent for that
Incompetent is too derogatory so I may have caused an unnecessary misunderstanding.

However either way the fact they didn't have the skill to do it means they were inept to put it better, I say incompetent as yes I know they aren't always just lazy and for one complicated reason or another may genuinely be unable to fix the bugs or do the word wrapping, people doing manual tls struggle with similar issues however they have more incentive to try to fix them than someone making a raw mtl.

All it means is they didn't have or show capability.

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Incompetent is too derogatory so I may have caused an unnecessary misunderstanding.

However either way the fact they didn't have the skill to do it means they were inept to put it better, I say incompetent as yes I know they aren't always just lazy and for one complicated reason or another may genuinely be unable to fix the bugs or do the word wrapping, people doing manual tls struggle with similar issues however they have more incentive to try to fix them than someone making a raw mtl.

The bugs I've encountered in the games I've played so far were always quite similiar or always the same. We're still in a forum where I do think, that there are enough people who would gladly lend some help when errors occur. I'd still not talk that lightly about word-wrapping because it seems to me like, you think there's a button they just press or something and it's done. Manual TLs have various ways to go around that by changing fonts and/or just by testing how much space they have in the textbox. Then again this scratches the topic of manual TLs and not raw unedited MTL.

WinKid

Jul 11, 2021
Well, hopefully there would be an update to make the translation better and fix the recollection room since some scenes are missing.

Commenting about the story itself, man, the females literally have neither mercy nor respect to the boys. You thought that at some point, they would be a bit more merciful, but no...:ROFLMAO:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Incompetent is too derogatory
[...]
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyway, this dev made quite a few other games in the same spirit:
Sadly, most of them are text-heavy, so it's unlikely they'll ever see a translation that's not an MTL.

...is MTL avoidable? :cry:

Last edited:

DK-MC

Feb 2, 2019
recollection room seems full of spaghetti code. about 50% of the shit gives a black screen with text only.
Don't expect it to be fixed, it would be a first. Most scenes start in "regular gameplay" before switching to the art, but DryDream has never bothered to transport the player to appropriate rooms in the recollections or anything like that.

WinKid

Jul 11, 2021
A question, how many ending does this game has? I managed to find two bad ends, one normal, and one happy ending.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Don't expect it to be fixed, it would be a first. Most scenes start in "regular gameplay" before switching to the art, but DryDream has never bothered to transport the player to appropriate rooms in the recollections or anything like that.
That's not wrong, but to be fair taking the scenes out of their context makes them lose over 80% of their interest. I'd rather the dev used that time to squash out whatever bug remain, which usually takes them a while.

A question, how many ending does this game has? I managed to find two bad ends, one normal, and one happy ending.
I only remembered 3, stemming from the final fight (partner A, partner B and Alone). Defeat would be the 4th?
It's usually a good idea to explain which endings you've found, when asking this question.
I haven't checked the updates, if any, it wouldn't surprise me if other 'bad ends' popped up.

WinKid

Jul 11, 2021
I only remembered 3, stemming from the final fight (partner A, partner B and Alone). Defeat would be the 4th?
It's usually a good idea to explain which endings you've found, when asking this question.
I haven't checked the updates, if any, it wouldn't surprise me if other 'bad ends' popped up.
I see.

BTW, do you know which button to press to hide the text screen?

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes