Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
Are you talking about the alpha build? I already have that one.
there is an alpha version and an alpha tester version

I know, but for some reason the roguelike part here just pisses me off here because so much content just gets locked away forever, and it screws you over even when you're on the lowest difficulty and cheating heavily. Like, the school for example. Why the hell did they decide to make one of the most frustrating new features not only gated by a decision at the start of the game, it gives you yet another time limit to deal with, AND you have to deal with a teleporter that decides to break down for no good reason. Oh, and all the new stuff is going to be gated behind it, so if you don't want to deal with the school, enjoy essentially not getting any new content.
There is a second chance to start school in the hotel, and if you choose not to you can still use the teleport to move to portals you have already found

Reactions: kaorok

kaorok

May 31, 2017
This new update seems to address my problems with how shitty the gameplay experience can be. Still gonna wait for the 3rd hotfix to get released though.

MonkeyBizness

Jun 29, 2018
I didn't realise you were supposed to play with only a few fetishes enabled at a time. I've been using all of the soft ones at a time every time lol. I guess that makes sense, my playthroughs were always super rough.

I'm not a big fan of where the game is currently heading. I feel like the game is bloated with the addition of the school and that it should be gated to a later stage of the game. It feels like every playthrough results in me getting maid, bunnygirl class. Some of the pictures could also be less garish to look at, specifically piercings.

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019

I didn't realise you were supposed to play with only a few fetishes enabled at a time. I've been using all of the soft ones at a time every time lol. I guess that makes sense, my playthroughs were always super rough.

I'm not a big fan of where the game is currently heading. I feel like the game is bloated with the addition of the school and that it should be gated to a later stage of the game. It feels like every playthrough results in me getting maid, bunnygirl class. Some of the pictures could also be less garish to look at, specifically piercings.

School is optional with a second chance to enable it once you reach the hotel, the game even tells you not to activate the school unless you want the added challenge, and im pretty sure the last two updates have had a decent amount of both in and out of the school to cater for people who dont like the school route.
Im not trying mitigate your opinion, just remarking that a few of the things you seem to basing your view off are incorrect.
Tbh Aika seems like a pretty free spirit on the discord i couldnt tell you what she wants to do with the game, she might answer if you join and ask her

Reactions: Proto Persona

MonkeyBizness

Jun 29, 2018
Well the problem is that i can't resist when options are handed out.
I've been happy about most of the stuff that's being implemented, so i'm not trying to be negative about it.
I kinda see it as a common pit fall in game design that developers add too many options in the starting area.
It's what almost made me give up on the game originally when i first tried it, until i got the hang of it.

Overall i just think i enjoy the exploration aspect more than the routine that is the school if you decide to enter it.
For example when you have a cursed item quest that you need to complete in the hotel.
Then you must go from A to B and all kinds of shit can happen on your way there.
The fun lies in the journey and i feel like the school doesn't add much outside the occasional quests.
Having consequences is what puts this game miles above the rest of the tfgames and why i enjoy it.

kaorok

May 31, 2017
Yeah, I definitely think that having the classroom be available so early is a bad choice. As currently designed, it's probably the most unfun part of the game.

Update: I've played through most of the update. The seduction mechanic is a SERIOUS gamechanger. I've managed to avoid combat with most enemies just by seducing them. In fact I am annoyed that not all sentient NPCs can be seduced right now.

Last edited:

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I'll get a Mega link started in a bit. May take a few minutes to a half hour since my up stream speed isn't marvelous and Mega sometimes fluctuates.

Alrighty, here it be...

Last edited:
Reactions: Proto Persona

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
This game has incredible depth, content, variety, and creativity... but I think I can only play it for about ~2 hours every 6 months, because the system wears on me so much... I've been playing Trap Quest since the really early days with one floor and no GUI or Patreon, when I enjoyed it a lot more. Nowadays, the basic gameplay feels too burdensome to me.

It plays far too fast, and there are too many time-wasting systems. I wish the uncursing quests were removed. I wish NPCs moved around at a slower rate, and never "in step" with the player when the player is adjacent to their room. I wish food and most other survival elements didn't exist. I wish the fundamental gameplay was oriented more around unique enchanted clothes and unique interactions with NPCs, and less around a disorganized distribution of containers, tanks, furniture, and moving NPCs which are impossible to mentally keep track of.

kaorok

May 31, 2017
I really can't imagine how people are playing Trap Quest without debug mode/cheats. As Sunshaded mentioned, at normal difficulty with even two fetishes enabled (which the 5 hour long set-up process doesn't warn you about, btw) the starting dungeon can be impossible to escape.

Reactions: taglag

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
It should coincide with the change log posted on the developer site if you are referring to the Strateg's change log.

3.40 star(s) 25 Votes