RPGM Completed Mai and the Legendary Treasure [v1.01] [Circle Gyu]

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
I found it and can see it in Inventory under Armor, checking Mai with the Equipment it shows up under clothes.
Thanks, where did you found it? i know the underwater seabed but where?
When i check the inventory for Mai it isnt there so i dont Think i have it, strange that she says "oh you mean this one" to the guy at the thorns though.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
In a chests I believe, honestly don't remember the exact location but it was on the east end of one of the maps in the lower right, kind of hidden in a corner. I was really swiftly going through the map at that point and not really paying attention. Just remember something about a chest hiding on me and then I saw the armor and had almost forgotten about that thing with the cactus.

HaruSpice

Dec 16, 2018
To solve the Japanese error when extracting:
- Download:
- Right click on the game's RAR files, click on Preview
- Then click on "Code page", select Japanese
- Then click, drag and drop the files to your desire folder destination
And now, you may play the game without the need for AppLocale. This works on games that uses Japanese characters.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
Does anyone know where I can get the japanese rtps. Ive tried the tkool one where you had to copy a line into powershell but it wouldnt work
You don't need to do anything in powershell for the Japanese RTPs.
Just download from here:
Then extract and install as normal

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Still hunting for that darn tentacle armor, cant find it, anyone got any tips?
Edit: found it

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017
I simply don’t understand how to unlock going out of the city at night. According to the mini-“guide”

1. prostitute yourself with the delivery service (the place you can sell your panties) 3 times
  2. then you can do the brothel, do that 3 times
  3. make sure you've had sex with Takua (or however you spell his name),
  4. find him and Aina at night near the church (took me ages to find this),

this allows you to go out of the city at night

I’ve done all of this, but I can’t unlock going out. When I try to do more Brothel, the guy says that I should go to the banquet. When I try to go to the banquet, it says that I should gain more experience. Because of this i'm in a loophole.

Reactions: ragemanger2

Valornim

Sep 8, 2018
If I remember correctly, you must learn that everyone has already gone to the banquet. And for that, you must have seen all the scenes of the other characters.
From there, Mai will be determined to go there.

ascr95

Mar 23, 2018
Hello, I just zipped it I'll play though after the intro if I approach an NPC with my heart on it makes me this mistake. See photos Thank.

Acnolgesh321

Jan 27, 2020
Hello, I just zipped it I'll play though after the intro if I approach an NPC with my heart on it makes me this mistake. See photos Thank.
This caused me a lot of trouble as well. I dunno if its the easiest method but i extracted it with the japanese code using yhe badizip extractor which u can find a link to somewhwrre in this thread. Also u might get a runtime error when trying to move outside the city. If it says Microsoft visual c++ u just have to redownload microsoft visual c++ 2008. Thats how it worked for me. Sorry of this is quite a long paragrapgh im quite new ro this stuff.

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
This caused me a lot of trouble as well. I dunno if its the easiest method but i extracted it with the japanese code using yhe badizip extractor which u can find a link to somewhwrre in this thread. Also u might get a runtime error when trying to move outside the city. If it says Microsoft visual c++ u just have to redownload microsoft visual c++ 2008. Thats how it worked for me. Sorry of this is quite a long paragrapgh im quite new ro this stuff.
This is a common but erroneous problem with the zip file format and users of old zip programs in locales employing a other than .

Zip and more specifically PKZIP goes back to DOS. DOS supported multiple filesystem/filename encodings based on the (IBM originally "invented" code pages for its EBCDIC-based mainframes). Windows leveraged this concept for its implementation of locales. PKZIP was never designed to be used on DOS or other platforms outside of cp437 but it became hugely popular and went all over and other zip programs copied the open published format. This causes filename encoding issues (which you are seeing even today!). To solve this issue, the zip file format was changed to support UTF-8 encoded Unicode filenames but to be backwards compatible introduced a new bit to mark zip archives with this new UTF-8 encoding was created and those without such a set bit are assumed to be encoded in cp437. Sadly this means zip files created without UTF-8 encoded filenames (and do not have the new encoding bit set), often follow the current code page encoding which varies based on locale. As an example the windows Japanese locale (0x411) employs (which is similar but not identical to Shift-JIS and IBM cp932). The zip format is only documented to support cp437 and UTF-8 so creating zip files with filenames encoded in cp932 is a violation of that standard (see Appendix D of ) so most newer programs (e.g., 7zip) that support the zip file format only support cp437 and UTF-8 as per the standard and thus cannot work with zip files erroneously created with other encodings such as cp932.

There are two ways to remedy this:
  1. Recreate the brokenness by using an old zip program that encodes and decodes with the current code page instead of cp437 or UTF-8 and use it under the locale that employs the same code page as the zip file was created in. This is painful and error prone.
  2. Find a zip program that knows how to interpret the filenames in other encodings beyond the specification to specifically handle these issues.
Option two is the best remedy but these are uncommon and the only contemporary graphical Windows programs that I know of that do such are Winrar and Badizip. Winrar is nagware wanting you to buy a license. Badizip is free (and even offers 32 and 64-bit portable versions that do not need to be installed) but has its own issues (e.g., it seems to not maintain folder dates during unzip and I haven't figured out how to remedy this). This can also be done with 7zip but the GUI does not support this and one must use the command-line to make it work, e.g.: "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -mcp=932 Treasure_Hunter_Mai_Oct-23-2018.zip

Someone should really unzip this with one of those and re-archive it without this issue (I prefer a newer open/free formats that are not plagued with these issues such as 7z but rar and even UTF-8 zip also work).

Last edited:
Reactions: ustar
Dec 14, 2019
Anyone know what this error means. I have tried playing the game with and without the emulator and it runs just fine. This error pops up if a H-scene occurs or at a random point at the very beginning. So, I can't really progress the game past a certain point but I can launch and play the game to a degree.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Anyone know what this error means. I have tried playing the game with and without the emulator and it runs just fine. This error pops up if a H-scene occurs or at a random point at the very beginning. So, I can't really progress the game past a certain point but I can launch and play the game to a degree.
Yes, you downloaded official archive here, which needs Japanese codepage to unpack. If you have other system than Japanese, you get this error.
I made fixed repack here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/treasure-hunter-mai-v2018-10-23-doujin-circle-gyu.4626/post-3191819

Teal Flower

Oct 21, 2018
I played most of the game with the previous version and finished it with this supposed update but same, no clue why I just can do road prostitution but I can't use the brothel or just the call girl place. Of course Mai refuses to take part in the banquet too saying she's heard about slaves even after going through that ending. No matter I get any ending that gets your party pregnant she keeps saying it's going too far. Even using the npc in the reminiscence room to max your lewd level or title won't help. At the public baths she also says it'd be too lonely to go in but at night there is no way to bring your party with you. She automatically turns back if you wanna go to the bandits place so I suppose it's there where they keep the eroinspire weapon that some npc suggests, but she says she has no business there. Did the small hut gangbang and the other house too, both non-repeatable.

My last resort would be to start over and fully play with this version, but grinding for the right skills to be learnt to be stuck at the same point... hmmm...

And yeah, the guy blackmailed Mai already as someone suggested, so she can do road prostitution, also saw the other chars' events in town, but even seeing those events 3, 5, 10 times nope, not unlocking anything else.

Either I bugged it somehow or I'm missing some npc or event.

There is also some chest at the tower, in the forest area, that I have no idea how to get to. No vines to climb, no stairs to go up or down to it, no holes to drop from. And something I noticed is around that area, if you take the stairs at I think floor 14th to go up and go back down, you'll appear in a different place as if the teleport is pointing at the wrong floor.

Avit

May 23, 2018
fixed but black screen only

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes