Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Oh, Yeah that'd fuck things up. I was jumping from 9.005 to 9.010, so I have probably eaten a faceful of save issues. Electron executable. I guess I'll download the image pack and move the 14 saves into files
Thanks!
Fortunately the saves should still work fine once exported and imported in the new version, so once you get the imagepack installed all your issues should hopefully be fixed.

Reactions: Harleking31

jhin6664

Feb 13, 2022
guys i just downloaded the game and downloaded the img pack but i can't see any images in the game any help?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
guys i just downloaded the game and downloaded the img pack but i can't see any images in the game any help?
Are you certain you placed the artist folders in /resources/app/resources/img/? What OS are you using, and are you using the electron executable or playing directly from the index.html file?

• Wow
Reactions: Mr.Win and Akys

Akys

Aug 22, 2017
Are you certain you placed the artist folders in /resources/app/resources/img/? What OS are you using, and are you using the electron executable or playing directly from the index.html file?
I had the same problem, I installed the image pack where you said and that solved it. Thank you.

Reactions: Hargan2

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
where can i find Jasvalla after i talk to her on the station
Mhenga deep jungle tiles if you're level 2-3, Myrellion dmz tiles if you're level 5-7, and Zheng Shi mine tiles if you're level 9-10
Her encounter rate is super low though, and some other people here have mentioned that you need to wait 24 hours after you've encountered her to see her again.

Robozoid

Dec 6, 2018
I fucked up. I didn't know that extracting the new version files to the game folder and hitting replace all would replace whatever held the game data.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I fucked up. I didn't know that extracting the new version files to the game folder and hitting replace all would replace whatever held the game data.
Okay, don't panic. Your data may still be recoverable. I assume you're talking about your save data, yes? What version did you update from?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Saves are stored separately from game, inside appdata folder, on windows.
Not exactly. This is true if you're using the electron executable, but not if you're using the HTML file directly, as that uses local browser storage. Versions after 9.007 also changed how save data is handled, so will not pick up any save slot data from previous versions. Reinstalling an older version should let you find those old saves again, then saving to file is the only way to transfer a save from one of these older versions.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Versions after 9.007 also changed how save data is handled, so will not pick up any save slot data from previous versions. Reinstalling an older version, then saving to file is the only way to transfer a save from one of these older versions.
Great job developers, you didnt fuck up.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I had version 9.005 before.
That'd be it, then. Versions 9.008 and up changed the way saves work so the latest versions won't recognize saves (in save slots, saves exported to a file will work fine) from 9.005. Redownloading 9.005 should let you open your saves up again and save them to file so you can load from file in the current version. If you need it, I have a copy of 9.006 that should also work for that purpose.

Edit: link to 9.006 in case you need it.

Robozoid

Dec 6, 2018
That'd be it, then. Versions 9.008 and up changed the way saves work so the latest versions won't recognize saves (in save slots, saves exported to a file will work fine) from 9.005. Redownloading 9.005 should let you open your saves up again and save them to file so you can load from file in the current version. If you need it, I have a copy of 9.006 that should also work for that purpose.

Edit: link to 9.006 in case you need it.
Mega
Thank you. I only knew what my previous version was because I had the zip file still.

Reactions: Hargan2

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
So are images broken, or is it intended that you have to download an image-pack to add to the game?
If the latter, where do you get it from, I don't see one in the OP.

My Resources/App/Resources folder is filled with images for the various characters, in Webp format.
But in game I just see an error-message instead of the appropriate bust.

What gives?
Is shit just fucked?

Also, the new UI feels a lot clunkier than the old one. You can't see your own HP value and the map that you need to navigate by at the same time?
Who thought that was a good idea?

Reactions: TerreCrimson

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
So are images broken, or is it intended that you have to download an image-pack to add to the game?
If the latter, where do you get it from, I don't see one in the OP.
The image pack is literally the second line under downloads in the OP. First is the windows download, second is the image pack. As I understand it, the image pack is backers-only and has higher resolution images of the busts and stuff, and because the builds posted here are backer builds, the game looks for those images instead of the low-resolution ones for the public builds. I could be talking out my ass though.

As for the UI, yeah I agree with you there. It's dumb.

4.10 star(s) 63 Votes