3.90 star(s) 24 Votes

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Kinda hope we get the option to outright kill her off if that's the case. She's useless to me now. There are hotter and nicer characters, Ayaka primary use was making us a noble and thus allowing multiple wives. Now she's just dead weight
I mean, just don't be a dick towards her and you should get to be on her path pretty easily. Yeah i know that killing her father is something that might tempt players, but i just can't see MC being that rash with his decision making and plans. With how carefully he usually thinks things out, i'd say our MC would take revenge on him in a way that won't have chance of it biting back. While he himself might not have that much to lose, he would be worried about his companions suffering from his poor choice.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I mean, just don't be a dick towards her and you should get to be on her path pretty easily. Yeah i know that killing her father is something that might tempt players, but i just can't see MC being that rash with his decision making and plans. With how carefully he usually thinks things out, i'd say our MC would take revenge on him in a way that won't have chance of it biting back. While he himself might not have that much to lose, he would be worried about his companions suffering from his poor choice.
The choices leading to all this weren't great. 1. Pay nothing. 2. Pay with our own soul. 3. Justice by paying with the soul of the own who caused the problem in the first place. The first would probably piss off a god and I have enough problems already. The second is moronic given the entire point of everything we're doing is to restore our soul, why the hell would I give it away to spare the life of an arrogant abusive racist murderous noble?

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Nothing I say is going to matter but going to say it anyway.

There are a lot of ways for her to get killed off without staining our own hands, we were sent on a very dangerous quest after all. Off to hunt necromancers, while the Pale Orcs are on the move. Sure would be a shame if something terrible was to happen to her.

The choices leading to all this weren't great. 1. Pay nothing. 2. Pay with our own soul. 3. Justice by paying with the soul of the own who caused the problem in the first place. The first would probably piss off a god and I have enough problems already. The second is moronic given the entire point of everything we're doing is to restore our soul, why the hell would I give it away to spare the life of an arrogant abusive racist murderous noble?

To quote Leverage Season 4 Episode 9; "I didn't kill you, God killed you. I just made sure it took." I didn't kill anyone, the curse killed the family.

On the bright side, you saying by paying with her fathers life I've doomed her entire clan, means I'll get my wish and be rid of her in due time. I encourage the emperor to take his complaints up with the god of death himself. Also, his paying with the fathers soul doomed the clan, I don't see why things would go any differently for our blood family and if your past games are anything to go by we'd be siring a lot of children meaning our entire harem and all children would be at risk. Unless of course the doomed clan are doomed to being attacked by a rival noble family, in which case that, to me, has next to nothing to do with me. Noble families fight for power all the time
I mean, doomed clan can also have people that are spared, by marrying into another clan or by proving that they are loyal to the emperor. There's plenty of examples of this in history, where few members of clan/noble family that was doomed due to being betrayers etc... have survived it.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
There's no pay nothing option, it's pay with alternative method. If you take that option, MC is indebted to the goddess, where she requires some future service from him. Also i can quite well see MC also choosing to pay with their own soul, since the soul is only given after MC dies and not something that is going to kill him in that case.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 13.05.2024

Hello all!

Update 14 was sent to proofread and tested. And boy... it was a... problematic. I was able to play through it normally several times. One tester with one save hit all kinds of problems, just because. Those should be sorted and things are working out right now, but be prepared to load an older save if possible. I make no guarantees with it at the moment.

Beyond that? Started rendering update 0.15.0, no surprises there. Should be somewhat quicker than 0.14.0... and I probably jinxed it now.

As for writing? I'll finish 0.18.0 of tonight, had some issues that needed my attention over the weekend, unfortunately so it got side tracked. But it isn't anything too problematic overall, it's just one and half pages.

1500005.png

So as you can imagine group is back together and we are going to have a bit of a chat with Rielle during the night. Anyway, back to do stuff...

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
As for Lakha... Maybe? I haven't decided about it yet but there has been... interest, not that I'm surprised. Won't say yes, nor I say no to it at the moment. Maybe if things go well with the orc tribe as a whole. With couple side steps allowed.

As for Kasha... Well... While this image isn't directly from 0.14.0 as is, it is a thing that might happen then...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still trying to kill poor Ava I see........

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
There's no pay nothing option, it's pay with alternative method. If you take that option, MC is indebted to the goddess, where she requires some future service from him. Also i can quite well see MC also choosing to pay with their own soul, since the soul is only given after MC dies and not something that is going to kill him in that case.
I guess I'll have to replay that scene, and check. I remember being able to not pay. Didn't try all the options, so I can't speak to any details shared down those paths. But given how quickly the father dies after we make the deal I'm surprised we only have to surrender our soul when we die, not get killed.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Nothing I say is going to matter but going to say it anyway.

There are a lot of ways for her to get killed off without staining our own hands, we were sent on a very dangerous quest after all. Off to hunt necromancers, while the Pale Orcs are on the move. Sure would be a shame if something terrible was to happen to her.

To quote Leverage Season 4 Episode 9; "I didn't kill you, God killed you. I just made sure it took." I didn't kill anyone, the curse killed the family.

On the bright side, you saying by paying with her fathers life I've doomed her entire clan, means I'll get my wish and be rid of her in due time. I encourage the emperor to take his complaints up with the god of death himself. Also, his paying with the fathers soul doomed the clan, I don't see why things would go any differently for our blood family and if your past games are anything to go by we'd be siring a lot of children meaning our entire harem and all children would be at risk. Unless of course the doomed clan are doomed to being attacked by a rival noble family, in which case that, to me, has next to nothing to do with me. Noble families fight for power all the time
Regarding the choices. The first one is bit of a how mercenary would think, why he should pay for something when you aren't getting paid anything? That would be the interesting option >.> Second is the "heroic sacrifice" option. HentaiKami said it basically, it's "safe option", nothing bad nor good come out of it as is, when you die (or killed) Atrix collects the soul and you end up as her servant... eventually anyway. Some other gods might not take it well, but that's their business. The last two are basically the same, it's the "murderous" way. It has other consequences one way or another.

As for the emperor. Here is the problem generally with rulers that have "absolute" power. When offended they can take a narrow view of things, there are several examples of that in the history. It isn't the first time ruler would order a family line the be killed. Hell that has happened regularly during wars versus other monarchs. Reading history books (and other historical records) isn't for faint hearted. Church records can be... enlightening about history as they collected a lot of information. I've read the 1700'ish local records, they wrote who had a STD, who was whose lover/mistress, and all kinds of tidbits and rumours into the them. And whatever local skirmishes happened is recorded in them as well.

And that being said. That's the thing being the developer, I can open doors that go both ways. And have choices that can either reinforce the decisions or negate some of them, to a point. Also, I know my fans (to a point), so I knew what reaction to the Ayaka's fathers would bring. There are fates written for him. Some can be satisfying conclusions, some not so much depending on the choices made. Will he get away with he did? No, he will get what has been coming for a long time, but how the decision affects the MC and the empire depends on the choices. That being said regardless of the path chosen there, it isn't "game over", that chain of decisions is just part chain, or a rope might be more appropriate metaphor. Just one thread isn't going to cut the rope, it isn't as strong but still functions. Can the situation be "saved" for most parts yes, might miss a character or two but it isn't a disaster based on single choice.

TL;DR: Nothing has been permanently fucked up, just need to wait until I get to the point where I can write and render them properly as there are things that take time to untangle... figuratively speaking. Of course unless several other choices are made that leads to that. I've never written an apocalyptic event happening during protagonist life before... :unsure: :p

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Regarding the choices. The first one is bit of a how mercenary would think, why he should pay for something when you aren't getting paid anything? That would be the interesting option >.> Second is the "heroic sacrifice" option. HentaiKami said it basically, it's "safe option", nothing bad nor good come out of it as is, when you die (or killed) Atrix collects the soul and you end up as her servant... eventually anyway. Some other gods might not take it well, but that's their business. The last two are basically the same, it's the "murderous" way. It has other consequences one way or another.

As for the emperor. Here is the problem generally with rulers that have "absolute" power. When offended they can take a narrow view of things, there are several examples of that in the history. It isn't the first time ruler would order a family line the be killed. Hell that has happened regularly during wars versus other monarchs. Reading history books (and other historical records) isn't for faint hearted. Church records can be... enlightening about history as they collected a lot of information. I've read the 1700'ish local records, they wrote who had a STD, who was whose lover/mistress, and all kinds of tidbits and rumours into the them. And whatever local skirmishes happened is recorded in them as well.

And that being said. That's the thing being the developer, I can open doors that go both ways. And have choices that can either reinforce the decisions or negate some of them, to a point. Also, I know my fans (to a point), so I knew what reaction to the Ayaka's fathers would bring. There are fates written for him. Some can be satisfying conclusions, some not so much depending on the choices made. Will he get away with he did? No, he will get what has been coming for a long time, but how the decision affects the MC and the empire depends on the choices. That being said regardless of the patch chosen there, it isn't "game over", that chain of decisions is just part chain, or a rope might be more appropriate metaphor. Just one thread isn't going to cut the rope, it isn't as strong but still functions. Can the situation be "saved" for most parts yes, might miss a character or two but it isn't a disaster based on single choice.

TL;DR: Nothing has been permanently fucked up, just need to wait until I get to the point where I can write and render them properly as there are things that take time to untangle... figuratively speaking. Of course unless several other choices are made that leads to that. I've never written an apocalyptic event happening during protagonist life before... :unsure: :p
You're the one who said there's no flexibility when it comes to Ayaka. You made it sound like we were locked of her path if we get negative points with her, and that paying with her fathers soul effectively locked out her path.

And if paying with our soul is such a long term thing, I still seriously don't see what the huge problem is giving over the fathers soul is then. Give our soul and we get to live till we die, give over his and he dies nearly immediately.

My problem with Ayaka in general has always been her ego and attitude. I generally have no problems Tsundere characters, but she just really annoys me. Partly because she has actual power due to her being a noble. The other part is, I can't currently foresee her playing nice with the other girls in the harem. Like even if she gets warmer to MC I can still see her lording her position as first wife over the other girls, if indeed marrying her is the only path the getting to marry all the others.

I'll probably go back and change things, if not keeping her happy means loosing character I actually like.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Yes. There is no currently flexibility with her. That's how she is, that part is intentional. But that's is right now. Writing isn't never a thing that is set in stone outside of starting and ending. As I write things and events will come clear and can change. And some of them makes better sense, make a better story than the original plan. Ayaka is certain way right now, while she evolve when things unfold? Yes, potentially into something greater. Or potentially not.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
You're the one who said there's no flexibility when it comes to Ayaka. You made it sound like we were locked of her path if we get negative points with her, and that paying with her fathers soul effectively locked out her path.

And if paying with our soul is such a long term thing, I still seriously don't see what the huge problem is giving over the fathers soul is then. Give our soul and we get to live till we die, give over his and he dies nearly immediately.

My problem with Ayaka in general has always been her ego and attitude. I generally have no problems Tsundere characters, but she just really annoys me. Partly because she has actual power due to her being a noble. The other part is, I can't currently foresee her playing nice with the other girls in the harem. Like even if she gets warmer to MC I can still see her lording her position as first wife over the other girls, if indeed marrying her is the only path the getting to marry all the others.

I'll probably go back and change things, if not keeping her happy means loosing character I actually like.
I mean, i would think the goddess wants to see if we can get our soul fixed/whole, since it would be more valuable that way. Not to mention the potential of MC's soul getting even more valuable with the conjunction approaching, perhaps she is even hoping that MC will be asset for her during it. I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual favour you have to do for her, if you don't pay with any soul, is somehow linked to the greater events going on. Also if you are on Ayaka path, she does become kinder and more affectionate with MC, rather than being combatative about things. And she also knows about Gweyr and Shani already, but if things go as she plans, she would be basically the main wife and others would concubines. But that doesn't mean she would be lording over them, only that if MC ever got thing like position of noble, she would be there to represent with him, while rest of them wouldn't have such official duty.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
And Ayaka isn't the only one saying things about being the "first wife"
Yea, but of the two others who has talked about being our wife, neither of them are the lording type. Shani I can see jokingly lording it over the others, but not being that serious about it. Gweyr I can't see getting an ego over it much at all.

Ayaka is the only one I can see being the first wife feeding their ego, and hers is already annoying.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Yea, but of the two others who has talked about being our wife, neither of them are the lording type. Shani I can see jokingly lording it over the others, but not being that serious about it. Gweyr I can't see getting an ego over it much at all.

Ayaka is the only one I can see being the first wife feeding their ego, and hers is already annoying.
Once we're nobled cant we have multiple wives? Not just 1 wife and concubines? I may be misremembering.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

Is it OK now to tell you that Ayaka is my favorite? Yeah mate. Sorry. She has gumption, fire and a lot of courage on her.

Reading you go on and on on how you want her to die, makes me a bit sad. It's OK, breathe, this too shall pass.

Peace :(

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Once we're nobled cant we have multiple wives? Not just 1 wife and concubines? I may be misremembering.
So it has been said in the past. But Talo seems to be going heavy on "historic realism", so only other nobles would be actual wives, everyone else would be concubines. So while we can marry multiple women, only one, as of the current LIs would be a wife and the rest concubines. Now, if the first wife, the marriage that would elevate us to nobility was someone I find less annoying, and was someone would I feel wouldn't mark the distinction between wife and concubine, then all would be well.

Ayaka I can see making sure the others "don't forget their place", and no one disrespects my girls, not even one of my girls.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I know i've been coming across and aggressive and combative, and I'm sorry. I'm right, but I'm sorry ;)

To make it up to everyone, I'll share a thought I had that I think was very funny and really lifted my mood.

Imagine paying the god of death with the emperors soul :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3.90 star(s) 24 Votes