3.90 star(s) 24 Votes

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Hello all!

Meh. Annoying week overall. I'm slightly behind from where I want to be with rendering, not badly in relation to the script. Set building took way too long, and last-minute annoyance with the cold weather clothing. Honestly, I can't be thankful enough for putting the "heat stone" concept in several updates ago. But I'll be where I need to be with the renders. Although there is a slight delay with them next week because of some things I need to do. But alas, that's life. Regardless, thing will get done as always.

Writing is going okay, I'm... mostly happy with it despite needing to add few things in the script of update 20, now just need to sort the trip to the further north out and then we can go back to the empire for a bit. Our protagonist is a busy man...

View attachment 3736116

So then... a preview of things to come. Didn't need to build the "magical cave" I needed after all, some clever camera angles and blocking few places where external light could come in. In all honesty, it was a blessing, especially after yesterday's issues. Anyway, lighting it has been... interesting. And the first scene where all the current main cast is an on screen at the same time. And yes, Nisha is there as well, just hidden behind Malgrin.

View attachment 3736117

And then there is this. This just popped into my head last night, and just wanted to get it out, mostly for my amusement. Might need to look at the big image due to the transparency effect. Anyway, have a great weekend you all!
I can't for the life of me find Rielle in that picture, which is super annoying given all the short jokes at her expense earlier today. Can find my girl Shani easily enough though.

Currious about who the stranger behind Ayaka is.

The joke picture would be amazing to have in canon or something similar to it

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
That kind of depends, there are couple of failure points but she has some room for failure, the max "relationship" you can get with her is 9 until update 15, and you need 8 or higher points (might tune it down by a point though so there is room for 3 errors). But the most recent failure point is at the start of the update when she asks a question: does the MC have time for her when they get to the city? It's fairly clear question but it can be missed.

But before chance that of failures are during update 12 (before Tomas splits to find the nagas) there you get three dialogue choices that increase (or decrease) her affection. Update 9 has two choices that increases or decreases her affection, and update 7 has three. So that's the bulk of it, the one point is in update 3 when you rescue her from the mob.

Or you can go to the debug screen and check/alter it until I get to rig the thing into codex, working on it but there are no set levels for everyone when things trigger so it varies from person to person so...
I'm pretty sure I said I had time for her, so guess will have to back and check out the other times.

Thanks

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I'm pretty sure I said I had time for her, so guess will have to back and check out the other times.

Thanks
Easiest is to check at the start of the update, if you don't get the question then it's something earlier. If you do? Well might be ren'py fuckery going on. Since it is either "Sure" or "pass" for that question it's easy to spot, it should happen right when Rielle leaves the scene.

Reactions: Horny Toad

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I can't for the life of me find Rielle in that picture, which is super annoying given all the short jokes at her expense earlier today. Can find my girl Shani easily enough though.

Currious about who the stranger behind Ayaka is.

The joke picture would be amazing to have in canon or something similar to it
She would be a really bad thief if she was easily spotted... no?

Sorry, you thought I was going to tell you where she is, but I can't find her also. I'll assume she's the one taking the group picture... LOL

Peace :)

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Huh... I guess marking her shitty dad for death put me off her path.
Was kind of hoping she wouldn't mind too much since she hated him too.
yes but she was raised honnerable and often speaks off "he wasn't always like that" so she still loves her old father ,just not the lord he became
So yes ,offering his soul to atrix for the help recieved whit the wright's will make you at least miss a scene
Not sure it closeness her path entirely

a question for Talothral then : will offering lord izumi's soul to atrix close Ayaka's path? or do you only get a big drop in affection points thus missing a few scene's??

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Huh... I guess marking her shitty dad for death put me off her path.
Was kind of hoping she wouldn't mind too much since she hated him too.
Unlike when a stranger's hate each other and can happily see one of them dead.
There's this weird thing called family and she may Hate him now but she loves her Mom.
So wanting to see them Dead not so much and as for the idea of likeing the one that gets them killed.
Thats stretching it a bit.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Unlike when a stranger's hate each other and can happily see one of them dead.
There's this weird thing called family and she may Hate him now but she loves her Mom.
Wanting to see them Dead not so much and as for the idea of likeing the one that gets them killed thats stretching it a bit.
also its not really them dying which is the issue right?
they will still go on about their normal life's its his soul that was offered
so when he does die his soul will belong to the god atrix and not return to the reincarnation cycle,heaven/hell or what ever afterlife this world has set up
His death probably won't change but what happens after is what you messed whit if you offer his soul

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
yes but she was raised honnerable and often speaks off "he wasn't always like that" so she still loves her old father ,just not the lord he became
So yes ,offering his soul to atrix for the help recieved whit the wright's will make you at least miss a scene
Not sure it closeness her path entirely

a question for Talothral then : will offering lord izumi's soul to atrix close Ayaka's path? or do you only get a big drop in affection points thus missing a few scene's??
As for now it's closed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also its not really them dying which is the issue right?
they will still go on about their normal life's its his soul that was offered
so when he does die his soul will belong to the god atrix and not return to the reincarnation cycle,heaven/hell or what ever afterlife this world has set up
His death probably won't change but what happens after is what you messed whit if you offer his soul
This, and I'm not sure how to word it at this hour, but it can have ripples to other people as well. You know, fates being altered and all that. The various gods of fates really don't like that...

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
This, and I'm not sure how to word it at this hour, but it can have ripples to other people as well. You know, fates being altered and all that. The various gods of fates really don't like that...
yes kinda what i said but more expanded right? its not as simple as well hes going randomly die now and that's it
what i mainly ment to convey was that offering his soul is not the same as offering his life

Reactions: Talothral

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
Easiest is to check at the start of the update, if you don't get the question then it's something earlier. If you do? Well might be ren'py fuckery going on. Since it is either "Sure" or "pass" for that question it's easy to spot, it should happen right when Rielle leaves the scene.
I finally got to check (had to get a computer part replaced) and lo and behold, I wasn't asked by Rielle anything in the new update. So I guess I screwed up somewhere. Guess the Tab key will come in handy right now.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hello all!

It is Monday, and that means a progress post once again. Rendering has gone smoothly, not that the render count will be high with this one as is. Text length is the same as usual, depending a bit of one choice you can make regardless of your relation to Maevra. However, I'm not happy about how the update ends. Technically, the next three, this one included, has an ending that I'm not entirely happy, but the problem is that no matter what I do during the next three updates, it would always be a "bad" time to end it. Luckily, the wait isn't that long between the updates. Assuming no complications.

Writing in other hand is in good condition, and once I've done rendering, I'll keep writing.

1718645631905.png

I'm happy with this render and how the effects came to be. In a sense I'm happy with the following ones although they are slightly ridiculous, but hey magic. The final image of this whole scene is intentionally bit darker than this. The moon got hidden behind clouds. That's my excuse. But seriously speaking it made more sense to make it slightly darker than this. Although it's always amusing how much snow (or generally the white colour) reflects light and make things brighter than they should be. Ah well. Anyway back to working, got some post work and coding to do among other things...

3.90 star(s) 24 Votes