3.90 star(s) 24 Votes

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
On one hand I feel a lot of you are kinda forgetting Shani and what size she is, but on the other I'd glad she's not getting made fun of
(yes I know it's not serious, no I'm not a killjoy, yes I am fun at parties)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
On one hand I feel a lot of you are kinda forgetting Shani and what size she is, but on the other I'd glad she's not getting made fun of
Maybe Tal will find the Spell that other fairy used in the Sorcerer. Either of them would work, either she gets BIG or the MC gets small.

That was a fun spell, wasn't it?

Peace :p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Shani is one of my fave characters who also happens to have the same name as my fave character from the first Witcher game (and briefly in 3 but should have been a love interest as Triss was friendzoned in the books).

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Shani is one of my fave characters who also happens to have the same name as my fave character from the first Witcher game (and briefly in 3 but should have been a love interest as Triss was friendzoned in the books).
I will not diss on Triss, but Shani was always my LI. Oh, the joys of tricking the Old Lady to get to her room... LOL

Good memories. LOL

Then along comes the bloody Djinn. And Unicorns mounting was the only game in town...

Ah well...

Peace :D

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Triss forever for me
Sadly I read the books before playing the games so it's damn hard for me to like Triss.

Game Triss goes some way to making up for everything in the books but not enough to compete with Yen.

For those that haven't read the books, book Triss and Game Triss are very different. Game Triss starts off where book Triss left off but it's only the start of her character growth and she was never a big part of the books like Yen was.

Don't read if you ever plan on reading the books....

Triss was a complete coward and very easily manipulated. She tried to be manipulative herself but was terrible at it. She has a brief fling with Geralt when him and Yen had issues. It's worded in so that could be taken in a number of ways but there is speculation Triss used magic to make him sleep with her but it's vague in the books on what she did. Anywhoo, after that Geralt and Yen get brought back together over their shared love of their sort of adopted daughter, Ciri and Triss then keeps trying to bounce on Geralts dick again but always turned down mostly in a comedic way.

Triss doesn't show any signs of how she is in the game until late in the books which is the start of her growth that the game carries on. You can see in Witcher 1 she's still trying to be manipulative as well as taking advantage over a now amnesiac Geralt. Witcher 2 she's a lot better and by Witcher 3 she's practically a sweetheart but by then, for me, it's too little too late.

Reactions: ben_sylar

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I can't stand Yenefer she is far too much like Ayaka only without the soft side, and as anyone (well those who haven't set me to ignore) who has been paying any attention to this thread probably knows I couldn't stand Ayaka for a long time.

Thinking on it Shani is to Triss as Ayaka is to Yenefer, in terms of my preferences and general appearance similarities. Also similar in terms of personalities too.

Pity the witcher 3 isn't a harem game like here.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I can't stand Yenefer she is far too much like Ayaka only without the soft side, and as anyone (well those who haven't set me to ignore) who has been paying any attention to this thread probably knows I couldn't stand Ayaka for a long time.

Thinking on it Shani is to Triss as Ayaka is to Yenefer, in terms of my preferences and general appearance similarities. Also similar in terms of personalities too.

It is with the right mods... :D

• Haha
Reactions: S1nsational

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

Yen is one of the reasons the books need to be read. The games only show a part of her and there is a reason she acts like she does.

First we take her childhood. She was a hunchback with several other deformities and was bullied, beaten and abused for years. It wasn't until she started coming into her power that she used magic to make herself look how she does now.

Just to note, while all of the Lodge use magic to alter their looks (mainly because most of them are in their hundreds), Triss doesn't alter very much meaning she's naturally gorgeous.

To make a long story short, both Geralt and Yen were "killed" and Ciri took them to another world to heal. They spent 5 very happy years together until the Wild Hunt showed up and took Yen aiming to use her as bait for Ciri. Geralt teamed up with some other Witchers (you see them in the games) to get her back which ended with Geralt trading places with Yen.

Yen also suffered from amnesia. By the time she'd got her memories back, Geralt had been freed and also shacked up with Triss. After everything they had been through she now sees her soulmate with her best friend.

Now on top of that, one of the people she loves the most in Ciri is being hunted and she's worried, stressed and hurt.

She's bitchy but she has many reasons to be.

Not a reason to change any opinions on her just some people don't look beyond bitchy and think that's all she is.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Like you, I disliked Book Triss. Games Triss, well, she's lovely. I loved Book Yen, adored Games Yen, got Meh for TV Yen.

From a reader and player of the series, the TV show, was... okey, the only thing it made for me was to make me replay all 3 games. I read the books before the games. Not going to go into the what's better, they are different experiences, as they should be.

I would 100% play a AVN of it... based on either the books or the games or even the show...

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Those who makes fun of Shani must love BBQ and like to have a "hot and burning" evening with her.
That's said like her quirky nature

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I missed this, what choice did I make that rejected her? Sigh, I wanted some hobbit sex (but not into feet)
That kind of depends, there are couple of failure points but she has some room for failure, the max "relationship" you can get with her is 9 until update 15, and you need 8 or higher points (might tune it down by a point though so there is room for 3 errors). But the most recent failure point is at the start of the update when she asks a question: does the MC have time for her when they get to the city? It's fairly clear question but it can be missed.

But before chance that of failures are during update 12 (before Tomas splits to find the nagas) there you get three dialogue choices that increase (or decrease) her affection. Update 9 has two choices that increases or decreases her affection, and update 7 has three. So that's the bulk of it, the one point is in update 3 when you rescue her from the mob.

Or you can go to the debug screen and check/alter it until I get to rig the thing into codex, working on it but there are no set levels for everyone when things trigger so it varies from person to person so...

Last edited:

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hello all!

Meh. Annoying week overall. I'm slightly behind from where I want to be with rendering, not badly in relation to the script. Set building took way too long, and last-minute annoyance with the cold weather clothing. Honestly, I can't be thankful enough for putting the "heat stone" concept in several updates ago. But I'll be where I need to be with the renders. Although there is a slight delay with them next week because of some things I need to do. But alas, that's life. Regardless, thing will get done as always.

Writing is going okay, I'm... mostly happy with it despite needing to add few things in the script of update 20, now just need to sort the trip to the further north out and then we can go back to the empire for a bit. Our protagonist is a busy man...

1700096 Preview.png

So then... a preview of things to come. Didn't need to build the "magical cave" I needed after all, some clever camera angles and blocking few places where external light could come in. In all honesty, it was a blessing, especially after yesterday's issues. Anyway, lighting it has been... interesting. And the first scene where all the current main cast is an on screen at the same time. And yes, Nisha is there as well, just hidden behind Malgrin.

KashaAnnoyed.png

And then there is this. This just popped into my head last night, and just wanted to get it out, mostly for my amusement. Might need to look at the big image due to the transparency effect. Anyway, have a great weekend you all!

3.90 star(s) 24 Votes