4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
started to play this yesterday and so far texts during sex have been bad and just too much repeating like same sentence 2 times in row and multiple times during scene so better to turn sex dialogue off.
Well, apparently there's a toggle in the settings.
1706883639303.png

Reactions: turbojoe

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
It's the RNG screwing you over. Solution for the repeating is coming, maybe in 0.8.
Yeah .. well .. people like what they like ... MC is not actively polishing his sex talk or his language, nobody would in his shoes. He only recently got deflowered by the ghost in the library while he returned the favor. What do players expect from such a newbie to sex all of a sudden? He surely is not taking notes from anyone adept in such matters, as the chad long haired wizard who was just hitting on his orc wife talks like some brain dead drunk asshole in a pub out in the middle of nowhere swee-talking a hardened motor head who had run out of fuel and had to sit through the abuse.

MC is no sweet talker or a bard, for anyone watching or playing the witcher, you are either a fighter - which MC is, collecting bounty after bounty in the style of the wandering wizards or kung fu masters in most martial arts oriental movies about medieval times - or a bard who has no skills outta following the tales of victories like Dandilion who sweet talks broads with the accomplishments of others - who only managed to land some boy prince in the latest series installment. Sometimes too much talk with no action will hurt you all the same.
it is fantasy it doesn't need to be "100% culturally appropriate" and I can take some creative freedoms.
The Codex could deviate from any standards and simply invent the Chungos - Clan of wide eyed skinny fellas running the outpost towns in this regioun - not Chinese, not Japanese, so you are clear of the many many refferences from samurai or ronin or ninja or martial arts or anything that could stomp your progress. This is a fantasy with orcs and elementals and gnomes and dwarfs and undead and ghosts and witches and necromancers and spirit stones - basically hundreds of mangas and animes smacked together. Get outta those patterns and make yout own.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: cxx and S1nsational

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Well - also just started with this VN.

Besides I´ve seen better sex animations the characters are very well made and the story is developing awesome!

I also like the unusual japanese ambiente, and the main character group with a human mage, a witty dwarf warrior, a cute fairy, a young female orc shaman beauty and not to forget the black panther pet is simply intriguing.

I see a lot of enjoyable hours in front of me :love:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Well - also just started with this VN.

Besides I´ve seen better sex animations the characters are very well made and the story is developing awesome!

I also like the unusual japanese ambiente, and the main character group with a human mage, a witty dwarf warrior, a cute fairy, a young female orc shaman beauty and not to forget the black panther pet is simply intriguing.

I see a lot of enjoyable hours in front of me :love:
What did you expect, it's a Talothral exclusive after all ;)

Garrokin

Aug 14, 2020
I must say, that this game is impressive in terms of world building and story. The first thing, that amazes me was the existence of the codex and I was truly shocked by such details as information, that a typical commoner may see one gold sovereign in his entire life. I hope, that, with the progress of the story, more details will be added to the main and secondary characters codex entries.

Second thing is the way of doing races and cultures. It is more realistic in a way, that not all races are liking each other, but also, not all are always allies/enemies. That was well painted with Mal's mentions about some places, where dwarves are not liked too much and orcs even more, but on the other hand, the fact, that forest orcs are trading with other races, even if not willing to have closer ties with them, while pale orcs are considered a serious threat, something to be defeated rather than negotiated.

More, the usefulness of knowledge about other cultures (nicely shown by the main character), when for example going to buy weapons from beastkin. Great example of how knowing the customs allows him to become a guest of the tribe, while other, who would not know that would probably be scared off or killed.

If the game will continue to develop in this way, I hope it will be long and have sequel or two, as the universe of Tribulations of a Mage is too interesting to just forget it after one game. There are so many things we do not know yet, so many places we haven't visited etc.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I must say, that this game is impressive in terms of world building and story. The first thing, that amazes me was the existence of the codex and I was truly shocked by such details as information, that a typical commoner may see one gold sovereign in his entire life. I hope, that, with the progress of the story, more details will be added to the main and secondary characters codex entries.

Second thing is the way of doing races and cultures. It is more realistic in a way, that not all races are liking each other, but also, not all are always allies/enemies. That was well painted with Mal's mentions about some places, where dwarves are not liked too much and orcs even more, but on the other hand, the fact, that forest orcs are trading with other races, even if not willing to have closer ties with them, while pale orcs are considered a serious threat, something to be defeated rather than negotiated.

More, the usefulness of knowledge about other cultures (nicely shown by the main character), when for example going to buy weapons from beastkin. Great example of how knowing the customs allows him to become a guest of the tribe, while other, who would not know that would probably be scared off or killed.

If the game will continue to develop in this way, I hope it will be long and have sequel or two, as the universe of Tribulations of a Mage is too interesting to just forget it after one game. There are so many things we do not know yet, so many places we haven't visited etc.
If you haven't yet, you should definitely try Tal's other VN's, they are all fantastic.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
You should remember the deux ex makina dev did with MC blindly offering his hide up for two arrows to pierce at the edge of the forrest, because he did trespass rather than negociate with anyone of his beast companions - literally any of the others in his group would have fared better than a wizard wearing expensive clothes while coming from the direction of the imperial pallace - Humans rule the lands and are hostile to other pinnacles of creation, so even Nasha would have had better results than MC, but dev could not hold back the white knighting plot armored MC pulling the miracle of dissing another culture and living to tell the tale. MC is, after all, the official agent of totalitarian order - the empire subjugating everyone.

• Angry
Reactions: S1nsational

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah .. well .. people like what they like ... MC is not actively polishing his sex talk or his language, nobody would in his shoes. He only recently got deflowered by the ghost in the library while he returned the favor.
hey!!! ghostsex was awesome (since it's a rare thing to see ghost to have sex).

Reactions: S1nsational

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
I forgive you for not seeing me praising her fabulous selfless gift of love and throbbing adoration exchanged with MC.
hey!!! ghostsex was awesome (since it's a rare thing to see ghost to have sex).
YEah .. she be marvelous . .but this game cannot handle her...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The right eriquette of initiating and comforting the deed:
She be stupendous and miles above many entitled ungrateful wenches all throughout this game.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1706908236015.png
One of the story concept renders. ToaM is at the same time easy and a bit more difficult to write than the previous ones. Partially, because there are no limits what I can do. Well, that's not entirely true, there are limits but most of them has to do with how advanced technology is. And because of lack of those limits there are more story concepts floating around than normally. Some are more feasible than others. This one? The elements for it to happen are in place, but have to see when I get there with writing.

So... where was I? Progress 02.02.2024 - Right... Update 0.7.0 was sent to be tested. Today I'll do some minor things, like fixing a render or three. Then probably make few more gods to fill out the codex some more. Honestly not sure what info I should put in it. A bit hard when you know everything... eh. And then I'll write what remains of update 11 over the weekend and start rendering 0.8.0 on Monday. And that's about it for the progress...

And then in time-honoured concept of avoiding spoilers...
1706908663295.png
Man and his panther... again. Tomas and Nisha are easy to render together, and at times you can get quite nice renders of the two.
Let's do some rendering talk first. Two and a half scenes left to render. About, so it has been going well. Again, render count isn't huge but there is no fighting in this one, there is some in updates 8 and 9 so there it will be larger again. Still, I'm happy with it, mostly. Render times are a bit high for some reason but it isn't too drastic. Now writing, all it takes is one good weekend of writing and I'm where I should be. And I am exactly where I'm supposed to be at this time of rendering, perhaps a bit ahead. Although, considering one "small" side step, I probably need to write a few more pages to get the length I want. Eh... I'll worry about that then.
1706908879936.png
And as a bonus... this. You've seen the building a couple of times before. I've looked for the environment for it for a long time. Sure it has fit in many places, but until now? It's one of those things you know, that particular temple screams of being on a mountaintop, surrounded by clouds. And this turned out to be better than I expect in all honesty. Needs a couple of tweaks but I like it.

Last edited:

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Strangely they remind me of the
It shouldn't have, but it did

X-mas possum leaves "little chocolates" for bad little farming children

• Haha
Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
And it is the public release time. As usual wait until the OP has been updated for additional links (if needed) or grab it from the blog or discord.

Tribulations of a Mage 0.6.0

PC:
PC Compressed:
MAC:
MAC Compressed:
Update only:
Compressed update only:
Android:

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes