CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
Well that's pretty fucked up, if the player wants to have a full understanding of the story then does he have to look at the bonus content? (it reminds me of the trashy side story from Single Again)

I guess that means that all fetishes/kinks are avoidable (they don't happen according to player choice) and not just skippable (they happen but the player doesn't see the scene)?

For example, seeing that lesbian is planned, is that completely avoidable or is it the typical Bs trope that LIs are bisexual to achieve a threesome? does the player have to turn down a particular character to avoid lesbian scenes?

Thanks.
I've tried covering this before, but Bonus scenes are not necessary to play or understand the game. They do not involve the MC and have no choices within them that affect gameplay. You can either view a short side story of an NPC or skip it. I will continue to make them because I also enjoy expanding my story beyond just the MC, but I don't expect everyone to share that interest... which is why they are bonus and not part of the core game.

The choice system will very much put the player in control of what sexual stuff happens. Some LIs will have a penchant for certain things, but ultimately I want to give the choice of how far you're willing to go, or how far you want to push them.

CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
So the dev is saying that these "bonus" scenes are only viewable by a certain tier of supporters and it won't be included in the main game that people see. BUT it is canon part of the story and only happens when the MC is not around. The problem with this is in the way I see it, is that girl, in the devs own words, is a potential LI. So since that stuff happens anyway, us seeing it or not, does that mean if a player chooses to pursue her as an LI, without having knowledge of this stuff happening when the MC is not around, then basically she WILL cheat on him and there is no way to avoid it? That's whay I got from the devs comments.
The developed plot outline for Season 1 does not include this female as a LI.

I've considered making it a limited option later on if players still want to have their "fun" with her, but IF that's included it would be limited to a side chick role if anything.

CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
he sayed that u can romance her so...
No, you cannot. It's not built into the current version or the Season 1 outline, and she's not one of the LI's.

There's consideration for adding some optional side-chick interaction later on if players want to have their "fun", but nothing like that is written in at this time.

Reactions: Larry2000

CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
That is not the problem. The problem is if those scenes happens AFTER a player decides the pursue the EX and start things over again. If she does those scenes after that moment and there is no way to avoid them, since they won't be part of the main game, then that is the problem. Not many people would care about this if she WASN'T a potential LI. In that case she can do whatever she likes.
She's not listed as an LI. I'm not sure how this got misconstrued, but it seems most of the headache here is revolved around this.

CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
Just an idea, but maybe don't have a raucous, high volume, high pitched guitar track as your opening audio with the volume turned all the way up to max?

Maybe set the default to more like 50% and let people adjust from there?

Games like this have me gritting my teeth scrambling for the options as fast as I can since I (probably like many others) play these games with headphones on.
Audio adjustment and track volumes were fixed for the v1.0 release. It just happens this was put up here before I was ready to launch it myself next month. Sorry.

Reactions: MJB and phreadom

CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
after reading the devs comments i have changed my opinion somewhat. i will check out further updates hoping that things improve alot for our dumped heroic mc. that bitch ex needs to be hate fucked hard over and over again in my opinion while he continues to fuck around with all the girls he meets. and yeah i also want to see the sister start to treat him with some respect too. i don't really have a problem with NTR entirely as long as it is the mc doing the taking of girls. like he needs to take the girls away from those assholes that lost him his job etc. and beat their asses too. i did love the addition of baseball to this game since most sports related games i have played revolved around basketball. which i hate. hockey and baseball are my favs, but never seem to get used in games that much.
Thanks for giving in a chance. Anticipate some resolution for the end of Episode 1... I never intended MC to be held down forever.

Reactions: robrize2169

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
I've tried covering this before, but Bonus scenes are not necessary to play or understand the game. They do not involve the MC and have no choices within them that affect gameplay. You can either view a short side story of an NPC or skip it. I will continue to make them because I also enjoy expanding my story beyond just the MC, but I don't expect everyone to share that interest... which is why they are bonus and not part of the core game.
so in short because MC is not there your LIs/future LIs/fam members atc..... can for example fuck other dudes in bonus scene and than game will continue as nothing happend cause MC is not seeing it....

btw just curiosity (not true i already know answer, but cant see it in future tags and u did not mention it here) are u planing add femdom?

Last edited:

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
She's not listed as an LI. I'm not sure how this got misconstrued, but it seems most of the headache here is revolved around this.
Maybe this thread will help you out: https://f95zone.to/threads/ntr-in-area69.72019/

Basically it doesn't matter what you as the writer intend, or what you write the MC in the game to have as relationships, etc.

What matters is what the PLAYER wants, for whom the MC is just an avatar. If the PLAYER wants to pursue a given girl, then it is his feelings that matter. If he feels that he wants a particular girl, even if he can't have her yet, or maybe ever, but then he is forced to watch her be taken by another person in the game, HIS feelings will be of jealousy and anger that he could not prevent it.

It's best to never show such things, even if it is implicit, for example if you have a married woman in the game. In that case you know that the woman is probably having sex with her husband, and you're trying to steal her away from him, or at least make him the cuckold by doing netori (note that that is different than netorare. Netori is where you are the bull taking the woman you want and forcing the other man to be the cuckold.) But still you don't SHOW the player this sex happening, because the only reason to do that is to evoke those feelings of jealousy, anger, etc.

The key point here is that this is a game where you, the player, insert yourself into the game through your proxy avatar, the MC in the game. It is YOUR feelings that are key, as YOU, the player, decide which women you are attracted to, which you want to pursue, etc. And you should never be forced to watch the women you potentially want to pursue having sex with other men.

A lot of players get upset because devs ignore this and claim that because they wrote the MC to have certain feelings that it's not NTR, but that misses the point. The MC's stated feelings are not what matters. It is the feelings of the PLAYER that matter, because it is in the player that those feelings of jealousy and anger are going to be evoked and they're the ones that are going to be mad at you and complain because you showed them a girl they hoped to romantically or sexually pursue at some point in the game, having sex with someone else.

And no, just saying "well, don't play that part then" isn't a good solution unless you literally make it completely separate content that you make very clear is NOT CANON, for example how Power Vacuum does it with their "What If?" bonus content that is very clearly marked as non-canonical and released as separate stand-alone volumes: https://f95zone.to/threads/power-vacuum-what-if-vol-8-ntr-what-why-games.36240/ )

Keep these ideas in mind and you can please your NTR loving fans with the separate, non-canonical bonus content, while still having your main game keep the bulk of your fans happy. (You're never going to make everyone happy, but you can at least avoid some of the obvious pitfalls.)

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
There should be a sound warning, jeez, my ears
Oh. It's one of those deaf "devs" who don't understand people use headphones and thinks all audio needs to be blasted 100%? ‍I've started to just delete mp3 files from game folders. If a game doesn't start, meh, didn't need it anyway. The ones that compiled the music into the exe or whatever other file... unfortunately what should be done to them isn't legal in most every part of this world...

Last edited:

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
we were warned... a LOT of Shit would happen. and i understand with the way the world is today. this is a gen-z high school life nightmare. where the average person is Stupid and useless and everybody is Sure their life is the worst. and then there is the MC trying to be the 'good guy' and being mature about it.
i realize most people either don't remember HS or simply don't want to face the real shit going on in HS and the world in general. 40 yrs ago we thought the same thing. most people 14-26 think they know all there is or at least all they need to know. it is a FACT of life.
now this game... starts very Fucking annoying. and Mark needs a serious punch in the face. but give it time and it read quite well. the characters are real and most real annoying, they look good and i dare say this could be a good game. look , i almost rage quit on this thing, but i am patient and willing to give most games a chance. i say this game is worth the time but definitely needs a huge chill pill to get thru.

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Agree with most comments so far, You need to take a chill pill when playing this game, cos parts of it are mega annoying, and his best friend is an annoying ballsack in reality lol.

The Dev 110% needs to add a "Skip" option for text to this game, like 99.9% of other renpy games have, with no skip option, this game that could be a good game, will wreck your head totally more than it maybe already does lol.

Nice renders so far, general scene artwork is nice also, story is so so, no animation as yet, will check back in a few weeks to see if the game has both a "Skip" option for text and if the game has survived :D

Last edited:

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
The point of making Bonus Content was as an extra perk for Patrons/supporters. The main game follows the MC entirely. Whereas the Bonus Content shows things that happen to other characters when the MC is not around. It can provide you some extra insight by filling in some story gaps and/or provide extra entertainment, but is not necessary as you don't make any story-driven decisions within it.

I hope I explained that clearly enough anyways!
I really like the choice to have scenes showing the player what's happening behind limited MC point of view. To be honest I wish more developers would follow that approach (the single PoV is too limited).
That said, being a great idea\feature, I'd have added it to the main game (you have a lot of ways to do that, for example letting the player decide when and if to see the side scenes)
Good luck going forward

PS: also I love the cheating kink and the narrator point of view is the only reasonable way to show those scenes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017

The choice system will very much put the player in control of what sexual stuff happens. Some LIs will have a penchant for certain things, but ultimately I want to give the choice of how far you're willing to go, or how far you want to push them.
If they really are "Bonus Scenes" then why not put them into a separate download? The other user mentioned it as well with Power Vacuum. But it's up to you, thought I'd give you advice so that people could stop misconstruing the base game. Though, I think you have more things to worry about in your story than Bonus Scenes...

Mibuwolf

Jun 20, 2021
Just focus on having a good story, and the rest will play out. Your writing capabilities are around the 95th percentile, and your renders equally so, so just write a good story with functional, relatable characters and everything will pan out NTR or no.

Creators who can both write and render well are unicorns in this place. Non-unicorns need to use cheap gimmicks to attract a audience. i don't think you have to. Try not to let the audience have too much influence on your work so early into your planning. Understand that as a whole the audience wants more than you can ever possibly hope to give, and giving in to them will fuck with your story down the road. Have your vision and stick to it for the first few chapters, then you can start considering giving out the cookie crumbles.

All the best, I have high hopes for you.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wonder if the dev listened? There's now separate "Bonus Content" that includes the content scene from the point of view of various characters when the MC is not present.

What is Bonus Content?
Bonus Content was created as an add-on perk for Patreon members. It contains extra scenes from other characters' perspectives when the MC is not present. Some are real events while others are imaginary situations made up by the NPCs.

This content is completely optional for extra entertainment, often includes NSFW content, and is not required to play the main game.

• Angry
Reactions: botc76

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 2270389

Overview:
Graduation and summer vacation are around the corner, and you're set to make the most of it before heading off to college.
At least that was the plan until one kind act has ironically toppled the first domino of your perfect life.
Well... almost perfect life.
As disasters mount, you're left questioning how to get everything back.
Will being forced out of your comfort zone be a case of serendipity?
Perhaps you'll realize a more exciting life of new friends, relationships, and fun awaits... if you want it.​

Thread Updated: 2022-12-29
Release Date: 2022-09-01
Developer: CoolKittyRhymes -
Censored: No
Version: 0.20a
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Is it possible to make incest an option possibility?

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes