3D-Daz 3D-Blender Fan Art AI True Bond Art Assets, Fan Art, And Skills Discussion

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
While I do have prior experience programming in C. I tend to mix in tutorials with examining other people's source code. With RenPY games this is simple. Most games come with the source code available (.RPY files), some have .RPA and .RPYC files, you can download software to extract the source code from them (as I did). I originally just searched the net for info on those file types until I found something.

I'll examine other's source code and I make notes on important findings as I do. I then create simple little projects, some without any images at all, just text adventures in order to practice programming. One of them I done a few renders for later on to add to it.

I also took images with stories others posted on here (in another thread) and then created a kinetic renpy novel from them which made it more interesting and gave me more practise in creating them (a kinetic novel is a renpy game, but without choices, just a straight visual novel which is easier to do).

Just keep examining source code, search Youtube for videos on RenPY programming, there's a few out there. My favourite is just examining other people's source and experimenting on my own. That has worked best over the years for me (been a few decades of C game programming for me).
Absolutely. Grab stuff - and break down its components.

"How does this work?" Take it apart and you'll know. Er, take it apart step by step - and you might then know how to piece it back together. Enough so that you can then implement your own idea and fire off the rocket, eh. Once again, due to the efforts of those who've come before you. How do you get to the top of a pyramid? Start at the bottom. One level up at a time ; )

I found the RenPy tutorial particularly helpful in that regard. Didn't just tell you what to do but SHOWED you while doing so. And kept it plenty simplified along the way.

It's hard for me to retain too much information before I begin with the Doing. Parts get lost. It doesn't get properly recorded until I've done it myself (different strokes for different folks, eh). So if the YOUTUBE stuff - or even the RenPy tutorial all becomes too discombobulated? You might consider taking it piece by piece until it's commit to memory before you move on to the next block. Although - not surprisingly, TERMINATOR - it appears someone is already interested in collaborating with you based on your outstanding FanArt shown here. So there ya go, eh. No need to do it ALL yourself.

Win together.

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
Absolutely. Grab stuff - and break down its components.

"How does this work?" Take it apart and you'll know. Er, take it apart step by step - and you might then know how to piece it back together. Enough so that you can then implement your own idea and fire off the rocket, eh. Once again, due to the efforts of those who've come before you. How do you get to the top of a pyramid? Start at the bottom. One level up at a time ; )

I found the RenPy tutorial particularly helpful in that regard. Didn't just tell you what to do but SHOWED you while doing so. And kept it plenty simplified along the way.

It's hard for me to retain too much information before I begin with the Doing. Parts get lost. It doesn't get properly recorded until I've done it myself (different strokes for different folks, eh). So if the YOUTUBE stuff - or even the RenPy tutorial all becomes too discombobulated? You might consider taking it piece by piece until it's commit to memory before you move on to the next block. Although - not surprisingly, TERMINATOR - it appears someone is already interested in collaborating with you based on your outstanding FanArt shown here. So there ya go, eh. No need to do it ALL yourself.

Win together.
Thanks again for your words of support!
I contacted ArkadiyVicont and we exchanged some impressions!
He works with UNREAL ENGINE, which is quite powerful software, but which I have no knowledge or experience of!
As I explained to him, for now, I only know how to work with DAZ and render in IRAY and UNREAL has completely different mechanisms, to which I am oblivious!
I think that in the future I will also learn to deal with this very powerful 3D creation software, but for now it is not possible for me to dedicate any time!
I've also been experimenting with rendering in Filament, since the render times are almost real-time, but I must confess that it's nothing like my old friend IRAY, so I've given up on the idea for now!
I have a rather powerful computer here, which I was building with the intention of seriously dedicating myself to the 3D world, but my knowledge is a little limited!
So I propose to all members of this community the following:
How about if we all got together to do a game in RENPY (like a small fan game) where we would make like a chapter in which we would all put our precious help into practice!
Some with ideas for the scenes, others with the gift of writing, someone who has knowledge of RENPY programming, others, like me, contributing with the rendering and animations, Others with post production knowledge!
I'm sure it would be a beautiful piece and it would be a process where we would all certainly learn from each other and even develop our own skills!
It would be a nice contribution to this thread and at the same time it helps to keep the group together!
What do you think of the idea?

so in image number 10 there is animation there right ? it's not working I asked everyone for fix here and even searched around so can you tell me how to fix if the frame checked it's white screen if not black screen so what to do here ???
I don't know how I can help you other than giving you some links so you can see the videos of the story:

I know it's not the same as playing the game, but at least you get an idea of the work done!

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
I contacted ArkadiyVicont and we exchanged some impressions!
He works with UNREAL ENGINE, which is quite powerful software, but which I have no knowledge or experience of!
As I explained to him, for now, I only know how to work with DAZ and render in IRAY and UNREAL has completely different mechanisms, to which I am oblivious!
I think that in the future I will also learn to deal with this very powerful 3D creation software, but for now it is not possible for me to dedicate any time!
I've also been experimenting with rendering in Filament, since the render times are almost real-time, but I must confess that it's nothing like my old friend IRAY, so I've given up on the idea for now!
I have a rather powerful computer here, which I was building with the intention of seriously dedicating myself to the 3D world, but my knowledge is a little limited!
How about if we all got together to do a game in RENPY (like a small fan game) where we would make like a chapter in which we would all put our precious help into practice!
Some with ideas for the scenes, others with the gift of writing, someone who has knowledge of RENPY programming, others, like me, contributing with the rendering and animations, Others with post production knowledge!
I'm sure it would be a beautiful piece and it would be a process where we would all certainly learn from each other and even develop our own skills!
It would be a nice contribution to this thread and at the same time it helps to keep the group together!

I don't know how I can help you other than giving you some links so you can see the videos of the story:

I know it's not the same as playing the game, but at least you get an idea of the work done!
thanks man but i just wanna say flirty F work fine in my pc why that game got that no clue anyway thanks now i know who was raid who xD lol

46n2

Jun 29, 2021

Interesting proposition.

That has the potential to be a clusterfuck mess, of course. But if everyone went into it understanding the intent as a collaborative learning tool (rather than set high expectations) it could clearly be a bonified and "plurality" (I like to call it) Win for all involved, and even those considering options from afar, eh.

What say ye, mates?

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
For the record:

I’ve got some well received writing skills.

Also pretty efficient and smart with structural organization (or “outlines”). If everyone threw their thoughts into a hat I might be able to organize all that into a reasonably agreed upon story structure - for a chapter, as you said.

Also somewhat adaptable. So if a fantastic image rolled in that hadn’t quite fit the structure, I could potential reshape things to a limited degree to account for/advantage that image/animation. And I likely wouldn’t mind reworking any dialogue or image specific writing work that had been done in formation stages - around a sketch, for example - to more properly match up with completed artwork.

[Having said that, I’m a stickler for actions remaining organically true to a character. In terms of motivation or behaviour, it cannot be false to their own general preferences or patterns.]

Could be a headache. Or could be a fair amount of fun for me.

Toss that thought around, folks…

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
For the record:

I’ve got some well received writing skills.

Also pretty efficient and smart with structural organization (or “outlines”). If everyone threw their thoughts into a hat I might be able to organize all that into a reasonably agreed upon story structure - for a chapter, as you said.

Also somewhat adaptable. So if a fantastic image rolled in that hadn’t quite fit the structure, I could potential reshape things to a limited degree to account for/advantage that image/animation. And I likely wouldn’t mind reworking any dialogue or image specific writing work that had been done in formation stages - around a sketch, for example - to more properly match up with completed artwork.

[Having said that, I’m a stickler for actions remaining organically true to a character. In terms of motivation or behaviour, it cannot be false to their own general preferences or patterns.]

Could be a headache. Or could be a fair amount of fun for me.

Toss that thought around, folks…
So, we already have two collaborators, you and I, correct?
Come on guys, leave laziness and fears aside and move forward! In the end, you will feel much happier for having participated in this little adventure that will last as long as this site exists and will help build your experience!
It's nothing serious, it's just a free time collaboration!
BigIrishLug, can I post here a joke I made for another game, in collaboration with another colleague?
Just to serve as an example?

Last edited:

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
So, we already have two collaborators, you and I, correct?
Come on guys, leave laziness and fears aside and move forward! In the end, you will feel much happier for having participated in this little adventure that will last as long as this site exists and will help build your experience!
It's nothing serious, it's just a free time collaboration!
BigIrishLug, can I post here a joke I made for another game, in collaboration with another colleague?
Just to serve as an example?
Yes, as long as it doesn't violate any forum rules.

Reactions: Terminatorgames

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
Also I've jumped into renpy code to do a bit of modding, have a deft hand at proofreading, editing & writing. I might even of dabbled once or twice in Photoshop, if you lads need any help in your endeavour.

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
This is an example of collaboration between me and our colleague XAOS who was responsible for the RENPY programming part!
It fits in the story of the game "Foot of the Mountains" and the renders were initially created to be part of the MOD of the game, made by Llamamann who meanwhile abandoned the MOD to dedicate himself to his own game!
The writing is quite primitive, made by me, but no worse than the original game writing created by SNC!
If you want to check it out, download and install it like a regular RENPY game!

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
Also I've jumped into renpy code to do a bit of modding, have a deft hand at proofreading, editing & writing. I might even of dabbled once or twice in Photoshop, if you lads need any help in your endeavour.
I already counted on your precious help, hihi!
That scene you created with the messages was quite well done!
We need more ideas like those...
We are already three...

Reactions: BigIrishLug

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
For story-board ideas, best to come up with an outline of realistic scenarios and then flush them out to an inevitable conclusion.

• Hey there
Reactions: Terminatorgames