4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

darkdepths

May 2, 2020
I don't know why people keep using Patreon and not the alternative.
Supporting Patreon is supporting censorship.
Some people don't care because they didn't censor something they care about, yet.
Censorship will always be coming for you, at some point.
I think the payment services like Paypal are the real cause of the censoreship. They refuse their service for "improper" content and that forces the sites to make this dumb restrictions.
Developers can move to subscribestar but the downside is that you can only pay via creditcard because of the reason above. That already limits the number of users, especially in countries where creditcards are not as common as in the US (like for me).

Reactions: JoThZ01T

antipop443

May 7, 2017
He's probably under investigation because he was milking its subs in the least subtle way. He posted that he was almost done for the next update in october. 3 months later still nothing. One of his tier was supposed to get a weekly render and didnt get anything since december.

It's sad because the he has a lot of talent but he overpromised and didnt deliver. I'll be glad if its patreon gets shut down. You can't have that many subs and go AWOL for a month.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
He's probably under investigation because he was milking its subs in the least subtle way. He posted that he was almost done for the next update in october. 3 months later still nothing. One of his tier was supposed to get a weekly render and didnt get anything since december.

It's sad because the he has a lot of talent but he overpromised and didnt deliver. I'll be glad if its patreon gets shut down. You can't have that many subs and go AWOL for a month.
Another hypothesis is that they suspended him for the infamous statements, that made some patrons furious and complained heavily and if so, they did very well.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
His patreon is under review
If I was a dev at this point I wouldn't even bother in creating a patreon I would just go straight to subscribestar. Maybe on SS it will take a little longer to gain support, but at least you don't have to deal with dumb rules.

Reactions: Paprika
4.70 star(s) 109 Votes